PDA

View Full Version : Are the 50th anniversary Disney Dollars available at the Disney Store as well?

mcampisi
02-26-2006, 09:39 AM
I haven't purchased Disney Dollars in a while and want to get some of the 50th before they are all gone, but I wont be at the park for a while. Do the stores still sell Disney Dollars in general, and does anyone know if they have the 50th editions?

MammaSilva
02-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Ours had the 1, 5 and 10 dollar bills but you can ONLY get the 50 dollar bills in the park or thru mail order and they won't accept credit card orders over the phone (yes I did try)

geoffa
02-26-2006, 10:03 AM
Ours had the 1, 5 and 10 dollar bills but you can ONLY get the 50 dollar bills in the park or thru mail order and they won't accept credit card orders over the phone (yes I did try)

Commemorative Disney Dollars were released May 5. Dumbo ($1), Donald ($5) and Stitch ($10) appear on the new Disney Dollars created for the 50th anniversary, along with Mickey Mouse on the first–ever $50 bill. On July 17, artist Charles Boyer was on hand to sign a special edition $50 Disney Dollar.

There's currently a set of $1 $5 and $10 on ebay at $24 and another set of the same denominations at $82 - CRAZY! Can't track down a $50 though!:)

hlbtimes2
02-26-2006, 10:05 AM
In July our Disney store had some of the 50th and some of the older issues. My mom bought them for my dd's bday gift.

SneakyStella
02-26-2006, 10:29 AM
As geoffa said, the original 50th bills featured Dumbo, Donald and Stitch and you can purchase those at Disney Stores. Recently, this was added to the AP section of the Disneyland websight:

Special edition Disneyland® Resort 50th Anniversary Disney Dollars are here! And now, the second set of 50th Anniversary Disney Dollars featuring Cinderella, Goofy and Minnie Mouse, are ready to debut. Get yours while supplies last at selected locations throughout the Disneyland® Resort.

I would assume that they are available in the Disney Stores as well but sometimes it takes a while for them to stock new ones as they like to get rid of the old styles first. Before reading this post, I had planned on going to the Disney Store today to check it out. I'll let you know what I find. Also, I'm curious to know if Disneyland is selling both sets at the same time or if the new ones simply replaced the original 50th bills.

Malcon10t
02-26-2006, 12:43 PM
There's currently a set of $1 $5 and $10 on ebay at $24 and another set of the same denominations at $82 - CRAZY! Can't track down a $50 though!:)The last $50 (signed) I saw on eBay sold for $256. I have 3 and seeing that made me seriously think about selling one. I must say the $50s are verey nice.