PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for planning for 2 days...

SpectroBelle
02-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Hi y'all! My DH and I will be visiting DLR on 2 days - Thursday June 8 and Friday June 9. We have never been, but have read a lot on this and other boards and I would love for you all to offer any comments or suggestions you may have.

Arrive at Candy Cane Inn on Wednesday evening
Thursday have b'fast at Goofy's Kitchen, then go to DL
Friday at DCA

One question I have is after we leave DCA should we go back to DL for Fantasmic and fireworks, and that's assuming they are running on Friday?
Is it possible to see both parks' night time shows on the same day? Should we reverse the days? I figured Friday would be higher crowds so DCA might be a better choice for that day.

Thanks!

Vegitabeta
02-26-2006, 09:29 AM
Personally, I don't think that doing each parks' night time shows is a good idea, as we saw Fantasmic and then rushed over to DCA to catch the Electrical Light Parade. It's do-able, but a bit of a rush.

Leap for Joy
02-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Since it is just you and your DH, I think doing shows at both parks is very realistic. I recommend seeing the fireworks on Thursday night (assuming they're showing every night). Then on Friday evening, watch the Electrical Light Parade in DCA from a spot near Enginears Toys, high tail it out of DCA and over to DL, jump on the train to New Orleans Square, and move in after the fireworks to get a good spot for the 2nd showing of Fantasmic! My DH and I have done this many times, and we always get a good spot close to the water.

Also, since it's summertime and because it's your first time a RideMax itinerary may be useful for planning your ride schedules. I do agree that it makes sense to do DCA on Friday. On Thursday, make sure you arrive at the gates early to be in line before the park opens. It's fun to be there when they count down to gate opening and the band is playing.

SpectroBelle
02-26-2006, 10:59 AM
I just really hope all the parades and shows are running while we are there. I think I read that the electrical parade starts again in mid-June, we might miss it. Does Fantasmic usually run on Fridays? And what about the fireworks on Thursday?

Thanks for you replies.