PDA

View Full Version : Can you Reserve Scooters [DLR]?

bekky
02-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Were leaving this week for our big trip & my moms hip just went
out & she cant walk much.. poor thing - figures huh !?

is there a way to call ahead & reserve a scooter ?

(dont even know if thats the right name - sorry )

hlbtimes2
02-25-2006, 06:02 PM
You can't reserve the ones at the park. But, there is a few medical supply places in the area that will deliver one to your hotel. That way, she can use to get to and from the hotel as well. I have needed to do, so I dont have a company to recomend. But, there should be some threads about it if you do a search. I've heard its cheaper as well.

bekky
02-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Thanks ...

when you rent outside the park, how does that work with taking it on
the shuttle bus to and from the hotel ?

MammaSilva
02-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Thanks ...

when you rent outside the park, how does that work with taking it on
the shuttle bus to and from the hotel ?

If you're staying at a hotel that has independent shuttles, you need to call and make sure they are equipped to handle the wheelchairs/ECV (electric convience vehicles) MOST aren't from what I've seen. I've yet to see an ART with a Lift but that doesn't mean they don't have them, I'm just saying I've never seen one and it's one of those things that I actually look for based on our families needs.

annieb727
02-25-2006, 06:31 PM
see this post:
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=48130

it's about renting them offsite

what hotel are you staying at?

Malcon10t
02-25-2006, 06:56 PM
I've yet to see an ART with a Lift but that doesn't mean they don't have them, I'm just saying I've never seen one and it's one of those things that I actually look for based on our families needs.
ART has lifts on 50% of their busses, if you tell them ahead of time, they will be sure and have a lift bus on the route. Its one of the things we look for too. That, and dealing with cab drivers who don't understand what a service dog is. (BTW - Those travelling with a service or guide dog, watch out for South Coast Cabs, they will hassle you big time. Only one we have had trouble with. Spent too much time filing complaints about them with the taxi regulators.)

bekky
02-25-2006, 08:44 PM
Thanks again for the advice ... I will be looking into it all tomorrow. :)

bekky
02-25-2006, 08:44 PM
what hotel are you staying at?

Marriott Suites

annieb727
02-26-2006, 05:49 AM
Marriott Suites

k...just wondering if you were close enough for a long walk -- but it's about 1 1/2 miles from DL