PDA

View Full Version : Sword and the Stone Best Time to Go

ktrm
02-25-2006, 03:03 PM
Like so many others out there, I will be at Disneyland March 13-18th. I want to go to the Sword and the Stone Ceremony on March 17th. Any suggestion on the least crowded performance? The earliest is not until 10:45am and the latest is only 4:30pm. Are they all equally crowded?

rentayenta
02-25-2006, 03:57 PM
They are usually crowded but not more than about 2 rows deep. Our DD got picked when we went for her 6th bday and it was a blast. If you have a child with you and they want to participate I would suggest getting there about 15 minutes early so he/she can be in the front row. Everytime I have been Merlin chooses a child from the front. :)

Another Dimension
02-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Sword and the Stone Best Time to Go

For the best lighting for pics.. I suggest the earlier shows.. and arrive about 10-15 mins before showtime. It's never usually that crowded. Most Guests ignore the Sword in the Stone ceremony and just walk to the attractions.

I hope you child gets chosen .. and pulls the Sword. :)

I haven't seen it in a while, but the medalion and proclaimation both used to be really nice that Merlin gives to the new King of England..

tinksmommy
02-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Well, I forgot for a second which board I was on - my Avatar on another D'land board is my DD with Merlin after she pulled the Sword from the stone. Anyway, conventional wisdom (and something I read a long time ago on this site I think ;) ) says to arrive a bit early and stand around the 3rd post from the right if you are looking at the stone. BUT when we were there this time, we were set right in place and wouldn't you know it, Merlin picked someone from the 3rd post from the LEFT! Oh well. Second time we fared better. The little boy next to my DD was picked and he got scared. Which was a bit of Karma coming back to us as she did the same thing (got too scared) when she was picked when she was 4. So, Merlin "did an adjustment" and picked Caitlyn!!!:D

Best advice if you want to be chosen is get there early and be aware of who is next to you. If you have time in your trip, be prepared to go more than once. That way you can see where he picks from. The greatest for us was that trip when she got scared. It would have been the best picture -- my DH was standing in the area that we were told they pick the adult from and HE got picked. So they would have been up there together. Oh well. HAVE FUN! and I hope you get your Medallion. Now that we have one, we will HAVE to make sure that DS gets his chance someday too...

hlbtimes2
02-26-2006, 10:16 AM
My dd got picked during one of our trips. It was great, it was our last day there. We stumbled out of Peter Pan, in the middle of the ceremony. Merlin picked a little boy, but he was scared. DD started jumping and raising her hands. Merlin picked her. It was so much fun! And its great how the cast members comment on it all day long. My husband was picked on a different trip to be the adult.

ralfrick
02-27-2006, 08:03 AM
There aren't many people milling about before things start. My son was checking out the sword when Merlin arrived, and then he went to the front and center area. We saw it a second time from the same location on our next trip. He was picked both times; your mileage may vary.

Cheers.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-27-2006, 08:16 AM
We have never done this, but plan to this week. My 4yo will love it, even if he doesn't get picked!