PDA

View Full Version : ToonTown morning madness?

Hakuna Makarla
02-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Is this just to meet carectors? or can there be rides to ride in this place? I have never been to toon town, seems it was closed when I was there last time and we left to go to dca. is Mickeys toon town maddness worth it? Rachal is 11, she really is not into meets with the carectors as much as she was a few years ago.
early entry isa what we also have, is this where we ride rides on fantasy land for one hour before gates open? thanks :)

Mermaid
02-24-2006, 07:31 PM
Karla,
I don't know much about TT madness but EE involves FL and TL rides. When we were there all of FL was open plus Space and Buzz! We went on the FL rides because they do not have FP. You can also wait at the Adventureland gate right before park opening to cut off the people coming from the gate.

SneakyStella
02-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Toontown Morning Madness takes place on Early Entry days, at park opening, which is an hour before toontown opens to the rest of the guests. So if park opening is at 9:00, then EE is at 8:00, TTMM is at 9:00 and Toontown "officially" opens at 10:00. I hope that makes sense, I think I made it more confusing than it really is! Also, you need special passes to get into Morning Madness. I saw several families wait in the line for 20 minutes only to be turned away and told to come back in an hour. As far as fun for your daughter, I think Toontown is worth a walk through but I couldn't imagine she's want to spend much time there. Toontown is where you'll find Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin, if at the least, she'll enjoy that.

SneakyStella
02-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Ok, I just read on another thread that Morning Madness days are slightly different than EE days. Sorry if I gave out false info but when we did EE and MM back in October thats how I remembered it. :confused: Anyhow, whichever day it is, it will start at park opening which is an hour before normal. They have a little parade and celebration at City Hall with the mayor of TT and several characters where they make everyone honorary citizens of TT and then you're free to visit the characters infront of their homes and ride the rides. Although I thought it was cute, I would say it's more geared for the little ones.

DDDB
06-14-2007, 01:29 PM
After the city hall presentation and exploring TT, can you go to other areas in the park, since its not as busy during reg. hours? Can you get in line for rides? Maybe take pictures in other ares of the park or sit on a bench? Or are there limitaions to other areas?

Also where do you go to check in and enter the park at 7am, if the gates open regulary at 8am?

Sorry I'm newbie to this, any explanation would be very helpful :confused::)

emmah
06-14-2007, 01:48 PM
After the city hall presentation and exploring TT, can you go to other areas in the park, since its not as busy during reg. hours? Can you get in line for rides? Maybe take pictures in other ares of the park or sit on a bench? Or are there limitaions to other areas?

Also where do you go to check in and enter the park at 7am, if the gates open regulary at 8am?

Sorry I'm newbie to this, any explanation would be very helpful :confused::)

You might be mixing up TTMM and EE here. If the park is opening at 8am, the only way you will get entry to the park at 7am is if you have EE (either from your 3+ day park hopper or because you are staying at a resort hotel). If you do have EE, there is an entry gate at the side of the main gates - you can't really miss it, there are signs and you'll see people going inside! Just to be clear, TT opens an hour after the park does, and TTMM opens an hour before that so:

7am EE starts
8am Park Opens, TTMM begins
9am TT opens

TTMM starts off with a parade and a show - its lovely, great photo opps. As I recall, it lasted for about half an hour all up. You don't have to attend it - you can just head straight to the attractions in TT.

ILoveDisneyMagic
06-14-2007, 10:03 PM
We went to TTMM in Feb. The park opened at 9:00 and we headed straight there. Regular opening for Toontown was 10:00, so with the tickets you go right in. There was no line to get in when we got there.

TTMM is a good opportunity to hit the rides in Toontown with no wait. We did Roger Rabbit twice, watched the morning ceremony, then the kids went on the Go-Go Coaster. There was no one else waiting, so the CM kept asking them if they wanted to keep going. They rode it four times in a row without getting off.

We were able to take photos with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto, did some other Toontown stuff and were done before 10:00.

All my kids liked it (DD 13 - plus her best friend also 13, DS5, and DD4). Of course DD13 is a big goofball and loves characters!! She was dancing away during the morning ceremony.:D

stan4d_steph
06-15-2007, 05:51 AM
This thread is over a year old. Please use this existing, more recent thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=71289&highlight=morning+madness) for discussion of Toontown Morning Madness. Thank you.