PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland trip [report]

Susan L
02-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Well, we had a great time, of course. We were there from 2-11 through 2-18. Stayed off property for the first three nights at the Howard Johnson. It was ok but, we are spoiled by the DLR resort hotels so, we came to the conclusion that we are never staying off property again. We gave it a shot and it just didn't work for us. We would rather fork out the extra $$$ for the extra amenities and convienence of staying on property.

We moved over to the Grand Californian on 2-14, what can I say it was absolutely GRAND. We loved our room and got top notch service. My DH gave me a Valentine's gift of a swedish massage and foot treatment at the Mandara Spa, ooo la la, I was a very happy girl.

We went on all our favorite rides several times. I tried T of T for the first time, it wasn't my kind of ride. I don't like real elevators. We did all our favorite shopping and spent way to much $$$. Of course we also ate way too much food but, I justify it by all the walking we did to burn it off.

We did Medieval Times one night. Love this show it is a lot of fun. The dinner isn't that bad either. We also did Knott's. We were very disappointed. I have not been to Knott's since the late 70's. It has changed a great deal. The old west feel is still there but, it just wasn't as fun as I remember it to be. We only got to go on two rides. Ghost Rider - excellent! But, we waited an hour and a half to get on it. We also went on the Silver Bullet - cool and smooth! But, again the wait was not worth it. Also the customer service well, lets just say there was no customer service. Even Disneyland on its worst day has better customer service. Anyways in hind sight we wished we had gone to Sea World or the SD Zoo.

Disneyland as well as California Adventure were very busy. I was surprised to see how many people were there for this time of year. We usually go the week before Pres Weekend or in Oct. Although we were prepared for it to be busy that last weekend we were there, we were not expecting the crowds to be as heavy as they were during the week. I'm guessing it is because of the 50th.

All in all our trip was fantastic and I'm already planning the next DL adventure. I'm thinking Oct 07. Hopefully the Monorail will be all finished by then, Nemo will be up and running, plus it gives me time to pay off this trip and save for the next.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Sounds like a fabulous trip, especially the massage! HEAVEN!
I have never stayed at GCH, but would love to, some day. But I fear I will be like you, will be spoiled and then not want to stay off property again. We always stay at HoJos, and while it isn't anything fancy, I think it is a nice place, for the money.

Mermaid
02-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Great report!! I wish I could stay at the GCH!!! One of these days i will do it, I swear!

ktrm
02-24-2006, 08:37 PM
The Medevial times dinner sounds interesting. Is it at Disneyland or elsewhere.

kikid
02-25-2006, 05:55 AM
:) Hi Susan,
Did you see the (new) Pirates Show at Medieval Times or the Knights?

rentayenta
02-25-2006, 07:08 AM
Great report Susan! What a nice Valentine's Day too. I know what you mean about staying on property- it can't be beat. I like the HoJo's too but if given the choice I would stay at a Disney hotel.

Recently we stayed at the KBF hotel and the customer service sucked! I am not surprised it carries over into the park. My kids keep asking to go and I just can't make the commitment. ;)

splashmtngurl
02-25-2006, 08:02 AM
We saw the the METD to and we loved it!!!! my little brothers especcially loved all the fighting. we saw the show with the knighs when we went in december...have they added a new show since then? that suprises me seeing as everything is directed towards a midevil feel......

the METD is somewhere kinda over by knotts..its not at disneyland but im not exactly sure of its exact location.

Susan L
02-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Medieval Times is a Knight show. As far as I know it has always been a Knight show. There is however a Pirate dinner place just up the street from MT.

MT is in Buena Park just up the street from Knotts on Beach Blvd. It is not at Disneyland. They also have several other MT around the country. They have a great website www.medievaltimes.com check it out.

Thanks to my uncle we were able to stay at the GCH, yes it was a wonderful place to stay. Next time we will probably stay at the PPH which is also a favorite of ours.