PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks seating

cfrith
02-24-2006, 05:00 PM
I had posted this regarding fireworks seating in another thread but it wasn't answered:

Is it difficult (last week of April) to get a spot in front of the castle? What time would you recommend getting there? 1 hour before? 2 hours before? Thanks!

Anyone? :)

Also, if the parade is at 7, is that a good spot for the parade as well? If so, what time should we get there? 5 or 6? thanks!

Phantom2006
02-24-2006, 09:29 PM
For me, I can easily get a great spot in for of the castle 20-30 mins before the show. It is really easy. I think it is funny that people wait there for like 3 hours for the fireworks and waste there day at Disneyland.

hlbtimes2
02-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Depends on the size of your party. We had a party of 6. There is no way we were going to risk getting there at the last minute to find a place. We got there about 2- 2 1/2 hours before the fireworks. That was in Oct. We spread out some towels to hold our spot. Me and MIL waited, while dh and FIL took the kids on a couple rides and bought some snacks.

If you had a party of say, 2 adults, you could probably squeeze in a few minutes before. Hard to squeeze a large group in. LOL

Phantom2006
02-24-2006, 11:48 PM
Thats true it is usually 2 or 3 of us.

Malcon10t
02-25-2006, 06:20 AM
I had posted this regarding fireworks seating in another thread but it wasn't answered:

Is it difficult (last week of April) to get a spot in front of the castle? What time would you recommend getting there? 1 hour before? 2 hours before? Thanks!
Also, if the parade is at 7, is that a good spot for the parade as well? If so, what time should we get there? 5 or 6? thanks!
I remember answering this at the time, but will answer again. We generally get situated 2 hours before the fireworks. But there are also between 6-12 of us at any one time. As far as the parade goes, seating in front of the castle is not good viewing for the parade. What you can do is view the parade from the hub, then move to where you want to be in front of the castle to view the fireworks.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-25-2006, 06:25 AM
On May 5th, 2 of us found a spot dead center in front of the castle, less than 1 hour before the show. This time I am not going to waste too much of my trip sitting in front of the castle. My 4yo won't "get" all the special effects anyway, so if we can't find a spot there, we will get one where he can see what is going on in the air, and Tinkerbell. He is VERY excited to see Tinkerbell fly!
I do plan on bringing a towel for us to sit on, should we find a sitting spot. I will just park my stroller somewhere so I don't have to worry about finding a spot for it too. My 4yo can sit on my lap, if he has to.

cfrith
02-25-2006, 07:33 AM
So does everyone sit down to watch them? Sorry if that's a dumb question!

Thanks again!

Malcon10t
02-25-2006, 08:31 AM
So does everyone sit down to watch them? Sorry if that's a dumb question!

Thanks again!
There is a sitting area in front of the castle. It is actually in the walkway where the compass is. I don't recommend this area because a lot of the fireworks behind the castle are not visible. We go out into the street, about 20 feet behind the seating area and wait there. We sit while waiting. When the firewrks start, everyone will stand. Last summer, this area remained seated, but they found the could squeeze more people in if they stood, so its a standing area now. But you sit til the start. Then you stand, and another 1000 people decide to join you.....