PDA

View Full Version : How would you plan your days?

cfrith
02-24-2006, 03:49 PM
How do you think I should plan our days? Here is what we have going for our stay: We'll be there Sunday afternoon/night for fireworks. Then we have all day Mon, Tue, and Wed. We can do Early Entry on Monday or Tuesday. We can do Mickey's toontown Madness on Monday or Wednesday. I had wanted to eat a light breakfast in our hotel room (DLH) Monday and then go to Goofy's Kitchen for lunch at 1:30 and then have a light dinner. The parks close at 8pm when we are going. Tuesday we will have lunch at Ariel's. Any ideas of how to schedule our eating times? Thanks!

JDBlair
02-24-2006, 04:08 PM
Personally, I say go with the flow and don't make too many plans. Typically, we fill up on quite a few snacks through-out the day. We have about 2 meals planned and everything else is up in the air!

seanutbutter
02-24-2006, 04:14 PM
I have to agree with JDBlair - try not to plan out too many things. On my last vacation my family did that, planning out everything we'd do each day, and we ended up not doing most of the things we had planned out. I mean, planning out meals is ok, but with everything else you should just see what happens :)

JDBlair
02-24-2006, 04:25 PM
One thing I have done is compiled a list (thanks to this site) of places I do want to eat. So, when the mood strikes and we want something tasty to eat, we have a couple of ideas. For example, River Belle Terrace for breakfast one morning sounds nice - Mickey pancakes will be a hit. We do have Preferred Seating for Goofy's Kitchen at 5:20 PM on a Tuesday.

hlbtimes2
02-24-2006, 04:48 PM
We dont plan a lot in advance either. We are happy to eat at counter service. It's cheaper, can be done at anytime, and is (somewhat) fast. Our last trip we had two meals planned. We made it to one.

Plan to eat when you are hungry. Its the best I can offer.

cfrith
02-24-2006, 04:51 PM
I just don't want to wait an hour for a table at Goofy's or Ariel's. I've read so many times to get PS.

ktrm
02-24-2006, 05:27 PM
You really need reservations at Ariels Grotto. I tried last time at DCA to walk-in for lunch and they told me they could get me in at 4:20pm. The kids could not wait that long. This time I am planning out that my first day at DLR we will go to DCA our first day. Since the park does not open till 10:00am, I figure the kids will be hungry about 1:30PM. My kids seem to last about three hours before they have to eat. On my early entry day to Disneyland, I am going to go to the Riverbelle Terrace to eat a late breakfast/lunch of Mickey Pancakes at 11:00am. Again I am going with the approximate 3 hour rule. Early entry is 8:00am that day.

cfrith
02-24-2006, 05:37 PM
You really need reservations at Ariels Grotto. I tried last time at DCA to walk-in for lunch and they told me they could get me in at 4:20pm. The kids could not wait that long. This time I am planning out that my first day at DLR we will go to DCA our first day. Since the park does not open till 10:00am, I figure the kids will be hungry about 1:30PM. My kids seem to last about three hours before they have to eat. On my early entry day to Disneyland, I am going to go to the Riverbelle Terrace to eat a late breakfast/lunch of Mickey Pancakes at 11:00am. Again I am going with the approximate 3 hour rule. Early entry is 8:00am that day.

this sounds like a good plan...I wonder what the wait would be at Riverbelle Terrace at 11am. Also at Goofy's...

ktrm
02-24-2006, 09:02 PM
I don't know what the wait at Riverbelle Terrace should be. They don't take reservations, but I am trying to go at off times. Other threads seem to indicate 11:00am should not too busy because typically its just a little to late for breakfast for most people and a little to early for lunch. Alot of people indicate that lunch after 2:30 is good for the same reason...to late for lunch but to early for dinner. Goofy's takes reservations. I have never been there but have heard it gets crowded. I believe reservations would be a good idea.

Pat-n-Eil
02-25-2006, 08:00 AM
Is Goofy's Kitchen even open at 1:30 on a Monday? Another current thread is talking about how Goofy's is only open for breakfast and dinner except on weekends..

cfrith
02-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Is Goofy's Kitchen even open at 1:30 on a Monday? Another current thread is talking about how Goofy's is only open for breakfast and dinner except on weekends..

No, they are not....

pisces
02-25-2006, 10:51 AM
I always leave myself a wide, really wide!, berth for flexibility in planning, and try not to take too much spontaniety, and whimsy, out of things.

But, I do keep a general idea of where I want to be and what I'd like to achieve, in my head.

Much of my activities revolve around leasurely meals.

For example, I almost always schedule a 5:00 pm character dinner, and if I were planning, probably work backward from that.

Where do I want to be before the 5:00 pm mealtime? What am I gonna feel like doing afterward, and for the rest of the evening? etc..

I usually have my nap, bath and shower before dinner, and before that I knock out the heaviest, and most crowded rides that morning.

After dinner, I usually would want to sit somewhere (get an early parade seat) and let the food digest while waiting for parades, at least in my case---during the holidays. And then do the fireworks, and any leftover fastpasses, fantasmic etc...which really rounds out the evening well.

Kind of a hodge-podge. Carefully planned spontaniety? But, it has seemed to work for me.