PDA

View Full Version : No lunch at Goofy's Kitchen?!

cfrith
02-24-2006, 03:28 PM
I just called to make PS at Goofy's Kitchen and they aren't even open for lunch on a Monday!!! Why did I think I had read somewhere that they were? :confused: I had wanted to get to the park early and go to lunch during around 1:30 to avoid the crowds like I had read. Guess I was reading about the weekend? Oh well...

Wesley815
02-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Nope, only 7am to 12 and then re-open for dinner from 5 to 9pm. So yeah, you must have read about the weekends because during "peak" times (and weekends) they are open until 2pm for "brunch".

ktrm
02-24-2006, 09:31 PM
You know I was surprised that there really is no place to eat lunch at the DLH except the Croc and Bites which is just hamburgers and the like. I love the atmosphere of the DLH and was hoping to take the monorail from Disneyland and go someplace at the hotel for lunch and check out the hotel's waterfalls and the beautiful landscaping. But alas Hooke's Pointe...no lunch, Goofy's Kitchen...no lunch, another fancy restaurant(the name escapes me now...no lunch) I guess I'll have to eat someplace in Downtown Disney but I just think DLH is magical and would have preferred to eat there (Too bad I can't afford to stay at the hotel this time but I'm saving my pennies for the next trip)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-25-2006, 06:36 AM
I just called to make PS at Goofy's Kitchen and they aren't even open for lunch on a Monday!!! Why did I think I had read somewhere that they were? :confused: I had wanted to get to the park early and go to lunch during around 1:30 to avoid the crowds like I had read. Guess I was reading about the weekend? Oh well...

I noticed that too, when I called, although we decided against Goofy's for this trip coming up. It is either the brunch or dinner.

cfrith
02-25-2006, 07:16 AM
We cannot decide against Goofy's...it is my dh's favorite part of the whole trip!!! He even tried to talk dd's out of the princess meal to do Goofy's...yup-we're doing both! LOL

Pat-n-Eil
02-25-2006, 07:52 AM
You know I was surprised that there really is no place to eat lunch at the DLH except the Croc and Bites which is just hamburgers and the like. I love the atmosphere of the DLH and was hoping to take the monorail from Disneyland and go someplace at the hotel for lunch and check out the hotel's waterfalls and the beautiful landscaping...

With all of the dining choices in Downtown Disney, It isn't surprising that the hotel focuses on Breakfast & Dinner which is when the guests are likely to be around most. If you're using the monorail for transportation, you could certainly check out the waterfalls & such at the DLH and walk back to ESPN Zone, Rainforest Cafe, Ralph Brennans, House of Blues, Tortilla Joe's or any of a half dozen other places for lunch. Then you're conveniently located near the Monorail station or you could choose to walk back to the front gate again. :)

pisces
02-25-2006, 09:25 AM
We cannot decide against Goofy's...it is my dh's favorite part of the whole trip!!! He even tried to talk dd's out of the princess meal to do Goofy's...yup-we're doing both! LOL

Me too. I was just looking at my Goofy's Kitchen pin they give everyone. So cute. I plan my whole day around Goofy's. But, I do like dinner best.

cfrith
02-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Me too. I was just looking at my Goofy's Kitchen pin they give everyone. So cute. I plan my whole day around Goofy's. But, I do like dinner best.

We usually do breakfast, so maybe we'll have to give the dinner a try...thanks pisces!