PDA

View Full Version : Did you get two or three ribs in you BBQ Platter from River Belle Terrace?

frank828
02-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Hi,
I was just curious about how many ribs you have been getting at the river belle terrace when you order the BBQ platter(chicken, ribs, slaw, cornbread, beans, corn).

I've noticed that sometimes I would get 2 ribs and sometimes I'd get 3. I'm thinking its possible that when I got 3 it was when the dinner menu went up but I'm not sure.

Do any of you know if they change portions at different times of the day or am I just unlucky?

I know this is a silly question but its been bugging me everytime I go there to eat (close to 10 times now in the last year).

LibertyCall
02-23-2006, 03:15 PM
I don't know but I hope you can get some answers.:(

markarkaymat
02-23-2006, 03:25 PM
I never ate there but...maybe they do the portion by weight? 3 smaller pieces vs 2 bigger pieces?

frank828
02-23-2006, 03:37 PM
I thought about a few times I was there but many times I would get similar sized ribs in all cases. in fact I remember getting 3 large ribs at one visit and the last time I went I had two fairly small ribs.

bleh

Opus1guy
02-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Do any of you know if they change portions at different times of the day or am I just unlucky?

I'm pretty sure they have the same menu for both lunch and dinner. And I'm pretty sure the menu states 2 ribs with the chicken.

But just like you, I've often received 3 full ribs. I think the chefs might just throw an extra on for whatever reason every once in awhile, or they're serving plates so fast they just don't notice or don't care if they slop an extra one by accident.

That's what I used to love about Big Thunder BBQ. You could talk to the chefs as they turned the ribs and pulled them from the grill. I'd always holler to them something like, "Make 'em big ones! I'm a growing boy." They'd smile back at me and I'd often end up with a few extras on my plate (which always ticked off my dinner companions, that I got "more" than they did ;). Hey...they could have asked for more!).

I did the same at Rancho...back when they served ribs.

frank828
02-23-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm pretty sure they have the same menu for both lunch and dinner. And I'm pretty sure the menu states 2 ribs with the chicken.I checked the menu several times the last few visits but it doesn't say how many ribs are to be served. if it did, I wouldn't be so curious.

oh well, I guess I should just go and expect two and hope for three haha.

frank828
02-23-2006, 07:21 PM
I checked the menu several times the last few visits but it doesn't say how many ribs are to be served. if it did, I wouldn't be so curious.

oh well, I guess I should just go and expect two and hope for three haha.
Hey Opus,

i just reread what i responded with and it sounded pretty rude. Not how i intended.

Sorry if u were offended at all

Opus1guy
02-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Sorry if u were offended at all

Not in the least. And as I said, "I'm pretty sure"...which means I thought that's what I read. But because of years of fine wine and years of...well...just years...I can't be 100% certain.

;)