PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a fan of Brother Yusef at Downtown Disney?

PapiBear
02-23-2006, 09:01 AM
My sister got me interested in him after seeing him several times at Downtown Disney (she lives in OC still, so she can see him much more often than I can). I gotta say, I've heard some of his stuff, and I was impressed.

(If you don't know who I'm talking about, he's the dredlock'd blues guitarist who performs usually in front of House of Blues. He's opened for James Brown there, too! http://www.brotheryusef.com/ )

I was just a little surprised that I didn't find a thread on him here, since he seems to have such a strong following around the resort. I mean, he's been performing there for like 5 years now or something. Obviously he's no slouch.

Anyone else want to show some love for Brother Yusef?

stan4d_steph
02-23-2006, 09:32 AM
I think I heard him playing one night when we were having dinner on the upper balcony of Brennan's. His music was a great accompaniment to the meal.

Next time I go to DL, I'll keep an eye out for him. Thanks for the tip Papibear!

MortgageMan
02-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Yes, he definately plays my type of music: the Blues. I tend to like electric blues a little more but of course in the middle of Downtown Disney the Brother plays more the acoustic variety. If you like old bluesman like Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, Leadbelly and more comtemporary like Ry Cooder or Hot Tuna you will like Brother Yusef.:)