PDA

View Full Version : Flight Reservations!

yellowrosedtxn
02-23-2006, 07:40 AM
I am so excited! I have been watching the prices of flights for San Antonio to LAX (or John Wayne Airport) or Austin to LAX (or John Wayne Airport) and was really bummed out about the prices. Well American Airlines has a direct flight from either SA or AUS to LAX. Last week the price for SA to LAX was 295.00 per person plus tax. AUS to LAX was 274.00 plus tax. So I was going to settle for that.

I just checked www.travelzoo.com (http://www.travelzoo.com) and found that American had a flight from SA to LAX for 210.00 person!!! That is for a direct flight. If I wanted to have a lay over it would have been 201.00 but for 9.00 more I didn't have to worry about lay overs or anything like that. SO I BOOKED my flight!!! I am soooo HAPPY!

Now, I am just counting down the days until we get there!!!!

Opus1guy
02-23-2006, 08:00 AM
Good fare. Congrats!

yellowrosedtxn
02-23-2006, 08:07 AM
Thank you!

Everyone here thinks I am just nuts. They just don't "get it"!

Wendi
02-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Yay!!! It really is exciting, isn't it??? When I was planning our first WDW trip I did the fare watcher thing (I think on Travelocity...) and when a wicked deal came through I booked it and there was no turning back (we hadn't committed to the trip at all yet at that point, we decided we could go if we got a good price on flights, otherwise we wouldn't go).

hlbtimes2
02-24-2006, 08:30 AM
Gotta love a good airfare!

Speaking of that- travelocity has some good rates for Seattle to Long Beach right now. Its about $200 round trip- If anyone is looking for that route. Looks like they had lots of dates available through the summer months.