PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have DLR "packing piles?"

Pages : [1] 2

nvmom
02-23-2006, 07:27 AM
So I figure only people who frequent this board could understand the excitement as I begin the "packing piles" for our trip next week. :) Started yesterday... mouse ears, autograph books, rain ponchos, batteries, small first aide pouch... etc. Woo-hoo!! This weekend I'll start on clothes as I continue to watch the weather. :D

nvmom

hlbtimes2
02-23-2006, 07:33 AM
I have a pile too. Our trip is a surprise for the kids, so I've had to keep it hidden. Its currently in the garage since they dont go in there for anything. I've been sneaking things out of their rooms, little by little- ears, light chasers, autograph books, hats. Its all stuff we bought in Oct, and I dont want to feel like we have to buy it all again!

yellowrosedtxn
02-23-2006, 07:36 AM
What is really bad is my trip isn't until June and I have packing piles ALREADY. But they are the autograph books (so I know where they are) as well as little surprizes that the kids don't know about and things like that.

SandraVB79
02-23-2006, 07:41 AM
I have a backpack that I ONLY use when I go to Disney, and I just keep many things in there, so I don't forget them...
I just don't unpack :) That way, whenever a very-last-minute trip would come up (hey, you never know my prince charming appears and takes me with him to DL!), I am ready in a minute!

eryn
02-23-2006, 07:57 AM
My pile also started a few months ago(our trip is next week). It is very winter here so there are summer boxes in the closet I had to get out. Shorts and tank tops. My pile is actually in my luggage! Yesterday I got together all the toiletries I wont need til next week(sunscreen, gravol, tums) and picked out what undies im taking! Its so hard waiting isnt it?!

nvmom
02-23-2006, 08:03 AM
Ok good. :D Now I can tell my dh I'm not the only "Disney dork" (as he fondly refers to me these days.) LOL

nvmom

kohl
02-23-2006, 08:42 AM
We leave on Sunday morning and I am almost done packing:D

DangerMouse
02-23-2006, 09:12 AM
We leave on Sunday morning, too, and I'm NOWHERE CLOSE to done packing. :eek: :p

Guess I better get busy piling! :D

kkmickey
02-23-2006, 11:25 AM
I started a couple of weeks ago and found I needed a bigger suitcase. Since I am going with two friends for their birthdays, I have packed special 'birthday bags from Mickey'. I included a bunch of snacks, a mini umbrella, and some special gifts. However, I have since eaten most of the snacks and now I need to go to the store to replenish them!

CariBelle
02-23-2006, 12:03 PM
I have my piles started too! I went to Target on Tuesday and replenished my bathroom bag supplies and my first aid kit supplies and now those two things are all put together. I also got snacks and drinks for the car ride and hotel stay. Since they are mainly "cheat foods" (since I'm going to stray from my diet on the trip) I haven't touched any of them yet, thankfully. I've got my accordian file all set with our tickets, some printed directions just in case, hotel reservation, car reservation, and a list of things I want be sure to do this trip. Disneyland turns me into a total soccer mom lol.

cfrith
02-23-2006, 03:32 PM
I have a pile too. Our trip is a surprise for the kids, so I've had to keep it hidden. Its currently in the garage since they dont go in there for anything. I've been sneaking things out of their rooms, little by little- ears, light chasers, autograph books, hats. Its all stuff we bought in Oct, and I dont want to feel like we have to buy it all again!

We are also doing a surprise trip for our dd4 and dd7 in April! How old are your kids? I don't know how I'm going to keep this in when we only have a week or a few days left!!!

JDBlair
02-23-2006, 06:25 PM
So I figure only people who frequent this board could understand the excitement as I begin the "packing piles" for our trip next week. :) Started yesterday... mouse ears, autograph books, rain ponchos, batteries, small first aide pouch... etc. Woo-hoo!! This weekend I'll start on clothes as I continue to watch the weather. :D

nvmom

After reading your post, it reminded me I needed to start my pile. Our trip is in 18 days and I've been making mental notes but your post reminded me I really need to get the piles starting. I dragged out my mickey mouse wallet, mickey mouse fanny pack, Fantasmic light from 2000 so I don't need to buy one for my 2 year old! Now I just need to start writing out the list of "need to buy", like 5 rolls of film (1 for each day at Disneyland!!), sunblock.. We're going March 13 - 17 - should I buy ponchos??

Hakuna Makarla
02-23-2006, 06:30 PM
pile, ? Pile? oh no honey my suitcase is already packed!! Shoes, socks bloomers, the whole enchalada!! So is my daughters. I went and got her 5 outfits, and me five out fits, and we is ready))))))))))) everything is packed but my meds, and well I can get them ready in five minutes :) no hon no piles for me , I got me a delux suitcase full and busting at the seams to get on that plane!! Also got me tote bags to fill with stuff and bring home. Got there tags on them and ready to be filled. Ohhhhhh I am so ready, you do not even know !!! I am ready to jump for that door, to bad there is 36 days left to go!!
I got extra poncho's for my friends ( got them at the dollar store and on ebay, and sun hats for friends, and shhhhhhhh I even had the most adorable fluffy scarfs made for the gals ,do I sound excited, oh yes:)

hlbtimes2
02-23-2006, 07:53 PM
We are also doing a surprise trip for our dd4 and dd7 in April! How old are your kids? I don't know how I'm going to keep this in when we only have a week or a few days left!!!

Well, oddly enough- they are 4 (ds) and 7 (dd)! We are going 2 days after ds's 4th birthday. We are telling them we are going to Long Beach for daddys work (his company is based there). We travel with him now and then, although we have never flown with him for work. Anyway, they have no idea how close long beach is. To really throw them off, we usually have a lay over in SFO, but we dont have this time. Its a direct flight, so we'll tell them we cant be near DL, it didnt take long enough to fly that far. We are not sure yet when we will tell them. I think we should tell them after they have a good nights sleep (we get in at 9:30pm). Dh wants to tell them on they way to the hotel from the airport.

hbquikcomjamesl
02-23-2006, 08:08 PM
Am I the only one here to whom the phrase "packing piles" sounds like a nasty case of hemorrhoids, acquired in a particularly nasty way?

minniemom
02-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Man, I am such a pro at Disneyland packing, I can pack a suitcase in no time. Heck if I forget something, who cares I'M IN DISNEYLAND!!!!!

Opus1guy
02-23-2006, 10:23 PM
I pile up a neat little stack of twenty dollar bills, and slap some rubber cement on one edge of them creating a peel-off pad of Andrew Jacksons.

It comes in handy walking around the Park purchasing the cheap stuff like churros, popcorn, ice cream bars and frozen lemonades.

"Oh my God. How much? Jeez...you're kidding? Okay. Hold on. Let me peel off a couple for you."

:(

;)

TowerofTerror
02-23-2006, 10:54 PM
well people are nuts. I was the same way i had a pack pack that I kept my stuff in and left in my car so I could go anytime.

Pat-n-Eil
02-24-2006, 09:30 AM
So yeah.. I have just one "pile". It's my laptop - which I know I won't forget.. then I put my new little Nikon camera there with my tripod and battery charger. (tripod won't be going into Disneyland, but great for around DLH & DTD). My tickets and reservations packet is now in one of the laptop case pockets and I moved my cash from the hiding place in my den to the laptop case.. just so I won't forget it..

Clothing and such gets packed the day before.. besides, I'm not sure what to expect for weather now since different sites are giving me a chance of rain, even thunderstorms next week.. but though I may be damp, it won't dampen my spirits at all.

kohl
02-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Well, my suitcases WERE all packed and ready to go. Last night my son triped and might have broken his toe so I had to go digging through the bags for the first aid kit. They aren't too messed up and are easy to get back together. I just hope he can walk by Sunday!:eek:

PeoplemoverMisser
02-26-2006, 08:07 PM
Got a legal-sized box full of documents, internet stuff & guide books, and a shopping bag full of the boys' "save for Disneyland" stuff.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-26-2006, 08:15 PM
Right there with you. Taking laundry out of the dryer and making my piles. :D

nvmom
02-26-2006, 08:22 PM
My piles are getting larger and more questionable because the weather isn't certain... rain or shine?

nvmom

mkcbunny
02-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Hmmm. Trip is two months away. I should start packing! LOL.

My packing is so streamlined now. I have a "warm weather" paking list and a "chilly weather" list. And I have a separate list for WDW. At this point, I can get it all in a small carry on. Doesn't stop me from packing weeks in advance, though!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Looks like rain is inevitable for Friday. Bummer!