PDA

View Full Version : New merchandise special event announced for Disneyland

AVP
04-08-2002, 02:37 PM
Please note the revised information for this event:

One Hundred Mickeys Pin Series
Pin Release Breakfast

Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Disneyland* Park

ANNOUNCING A NEW WAY TO COLLECT!

Join us as we launch the first in a series of pin dining experiences.
Meet with your fellow collectors, trade pins and, best of all, enjoy a delicious breakfast while your pins are delivered to your table without waiting in line!

This new experience begins with our One Hundred Mickeys pin series, which honors Walt's 100th birthday. By attending this first Pin Breakfast you will have the opportunity to pre-purchase the first five (5) One Hundred Mickeys pins WITHOUT WAITING IN LINE!

As an added bonus you will have the exclusive opportunity to pre-purchase and receive the next five (5) One Hundred Mickeys pins (#6 - 10) ONE WEEK before they go on sale to the public!

Enjoy this memorable experience with your family, friends and fellow pin traders.

To reserve your seat and pre-purchase your pins, call Disneyland DelivEARS at 800.362.4533.

The One Hundred Mickeys Pin Release Breakfast includes:

* Breakfast in the Blue Bayou Restaurant, New Orleans Square
* Exclusive opportunity to pre-purchase the first ten (10) One Hundred Mickeys limited-edition pins* (Pins will be offered at $8.50 each. Pins are limited to an edition size of 3500 each. Limit five (5) pins per style, per Guest.)
* Opportunity to pre-purchase the One Hundred Mickeys Lanyard
*As a reminder, only the first five (5) One Hundred Mickeys limited
edition pins will be released to the public at pin trading locations on the day of the event.

Tickets for the Breakfast are $24 per person (includes tax & gratuity).
No discounts apply.
Limited to 200 Guests.
(Pins, Parking and Admission are not included in the price of the ticket. Admission is required to enter Disneyland Park)

Tickets will be available beginning Wednesday, April 10, 2002.
To reserve your seat and pre-purchase your pins, call Disneyland DelivEARS at 800.362.4533.

AVP

disneyworldwide
04-09-2002, 02:47 PM
http://disney.go.com/eventservices/100Mickeys/media/mm9.jpg

WOW! A pin event at Disneyland. This is cool. I am going to go and see all the new 100 Mickey pins. Everyone what mickey is your favorite? My favorite is image number 9.

Take a look and then add it to this page. You can find all of them and even order them online on www.100mickeys.com .

SpazRobot
04-09-2002, 04:24 PM
Worst.

Special.

Event.

Ever.

disneyworldwide
04-09-2002, 04:40 PM
Why do you say that? Explain

SpazRobot
04-09-2002, 09:51 PM
Because you're paying money just to buy things before everyone else. And, oh yeah, here's some breakfast.

The tickets are so cheap because they're expecting people to pay at least $85 to order the first ten pins.

The Mansion and Pirates events were great because they were all about entertainment. Merchandise was included almost as an afterthought.

This event is entirely merchandise-driven with no redeeming value that I can see other than the mystery commemorative gift. It's like paying a $25 cover charge to walk into a store at Disneyland.

I guess if you're a pin trader this event might be interesting, but there's not many traders left from what I can see.

cstephens
04-10-2002, 06:49 AM
I agree. An event for the purpose of buying more merchandise just isn't my thing. I loved the Pirates and Mansion and Divas events because there was so much more going on. Yes, some of the merchandise was nice too, but that wasn't the selling point, at least for me.

Personally, and I'm figuring I'm in a serious minority because I've not really seen anyone else say this, but the 100 Mickeys exhibit doesn't do much for me. I can intellectually understand why some of the drawings are interesting, but as far as pure aesthetic value, most of the drawings do nothing for me. There are a couple that I like, one of which happens to have a pin released the first weekend, and I'd like to have the pin if it's available, but I'm not paying an admittance fee for it, nor will I be storming the park at opening. The next time I go after it's released, I'll look for it (and the others I would like whenever they're available) and if it's there, I'll get it. If not, no biggie. It's just a pin.

/cs

AVP
04-10-2002, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by SpazRobot
This event is entirely merchandise-driven with no redeeming value that I can see other than the mystery commemorative gift. It's like paying a $25 cover charge to walk into a store at Disneyland.

Actually, this is apparently a FOODS initiative, that the merchandise group is lending a little support to.

AVP

AVP
04-11-2002, 10:34 AM
Tickets to the event are now sold out.

AVP

SpazRobot
04-11-2002, 06:47 PM
Great. Thanks to all the pin psychos for bringing down the quality of future special events.