PDA

View Full Version : Club Buzz last Saturday 4/6

80S ERA
04-08-2002, 01:37 PM
Was anyone able to catch the band performing last Saturday evening at Club Buzz? They were great. It was a Beattles-type of impersonator band that dressed and talked their parts well. I had no idea there were so many Beattle fans! I always expected the fans to be of my mother's generation or so. Most of them were kids younger than me.

Anyway, whoever they are, they were darn good. I sure couldn't tell the difference. :cool:

On another note, there sure are some rude people. We were standing with a great view at first, then many folks kept insisting on watching directly in front of us, blocking our view. Don't you just love it when someone moves in front of you without even saying "excuse me" then decides to put a kid on their shoulders? :rolleyes:

Not Afraid
04-08-2002, 01:59 PM
That band is called The Fab Four: The Ultimate Tribute. They perform pretty regularly on the Club Buzz stage - usually weekends. They do a pretty good job of performing like the Beatles, even down to the hair cuts (although "George" looks a bit too much like Tony Orlando).

MouseWife
04-08-2002, 02:00 PM
Didn't see the band but wanted to comment on the parents:

How Rude!!!

Uncle Dick
04-08-2002, 02:17 PM
Here's a story (http://www.mouseplanet.com/archive/fabfour.htm) Al did on the Fab Four a while back. And here's a link (http://www.thefabfour.net/) to their official web site.

I've only been able to catch the Fab Four once at Disneyland but once it gets a little warmer, I'll have to head on down to the Tomorrowland Terr - I mean, Club Buzz and check them out again.

80S ERA
04-08-2002, 02:26 PM
Oh, that's it -- The Fab Four. Duh?

Maybe next time I should get the "Disneyland Today" guide.
Sometimes, my AP makes me a "know-it-all" where I don't need to ask anyone for help or use a stinking map!:cool:

It sure was a crowded day. We tried to eat at Redd Rockets and the line went all the way outside. The CM even informed us that the tables were full and we would need to eat at Club Buzz.

I wonder how much crowded the place would have been if there were actually attractions in Tomorrowland? ;)

Julie
04-08-2002, 07:58 PM
The Fab Four are quite popular. I've caught them the past couple of time they've been there over the past year or two, and they always play to a large crowd. On Thurday, there were several tables at Club Buzz that had been "reserved" by people who got there at park opening just for the band.

And couldn't agree more about the rude people! There were many people (two in particular) that got there after the set started, and then worked their way to the front and sat directly in front of the table I was at completely blocking the view while my friend was trying to record the performance on video!

blusilva
04-08-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by 80S ERA
W I had no idea there were so many Beattle fans! I always expected the fans to be of my mother's generation or so. Most of them were kids younger than me.

The Beatles are timeless. I was born nearly two months before they last performed live. (Edited to say: Make that "their last live concert, not counting the free, live performance on top of the Apple Records building for the filming of "Let It Be". Yes, I can be obsessive about things other than Disneyland. :)) I became a fan 6 years after they broke up.

I like Shakespeare, too. Go figure. :)

Um, to make this post sort of on-topic: I haven't seen the Fab Four play yet at Disneyland, although I'm pretty sure I may have caught them at a couple of Beatlefests...