PDA

View Full Version : Frontierland Station Telegraph Message?

DangerMouse
02-22-2006, 02:10 PM
I know I have read somewhere on the net that the telegraph actually taps out some secret message. My ds(6) is dying to know what it says. Anyone have an answer for him?

Dexter
02-22-2006, 02:15 PM
http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Disneyland/Secrets/Square/Train.html

"To all who come to Disneyland, welcome. Here, age relives fond memories of the past, and here, youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future."

ETA that doesn't look quite right, cause the opening sentance is To all who come to this happy place, welcome. I just pulled it off the hiddenmickeys site, but know that it's the first two sentances of the dedication speech.

Edited again to add, I'm pretty sure it's the first two sentances....

tod
02-22-2006, 02:17 PM
To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts which have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.

Maybe not all of it.

Your son is quite clever. Rumor has it that at one time the message was not family-friendly, and when Walt said that his wife used to be a telegraph operator they cleaned it up pronto. This may or may not be true, but it's a good story.

--t

DangerMouse
02-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Thank you! He's very happy that it is something he already has memorized!
Hmmm, makes me wonder how many other 6 year old's have Walt's speech memorized? :D

Another Dimension
02-22-2006, 04:33 PM
The telegraph is typing out Walt's Opening Day Dedication, which is written out on a plaque at the foot of the Main Street/Town Square flag pole... but the code typed out in NOS isn't Morse Code, it's Land Line Teletype, which pre-dates Morse Code.

And originally it wasn't correct. It was always Family-Friendly... no one is going to type out anything vulgar in ages old 'code'. and try and pull a fast one on WALT DISNEY.. but originally the code did not correctly reflect the Opening Day Dedication speech word for word.
That 'code' was cleaned up by Lillian and is now correct, word for word, like the plaque in Town Square is.

Tinkermommy
02-22-2006, 05:53 PM
Hmmm, makes me wonder how many other 6 year old's have Walt's speech memorized? :D

Dunno about 6 year olds, but my 9 year old knows it as well...

Opus1guy
02-22-2006, 06:16 PM
I know I have read somewhere on the net that the telegraph actually taps out some secret message.

I don't hear any secret message. All I hear is, "Tick-tick, tick, tick, tick-tick, tick..." and so forth. Do I have to be in the secret bathroom to hear the secret message?

;)

seanutbutter
02-22-2006, 06:21 PM
Dunno about 6 year olds, but my 9 year old knows it as well...

And so does this 13 year old :D

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-22-2006, 08:29 PM
I don't hear any secret message. All I hear is, "Tick-tick, tick, tick, tick-tick, tick..." and so forth. Do I have to be in the secret bathroom to hear the secret message?

;)
You crack me up!