PDA

View Full Version : Weather

jerseytraveller
04-08-2002, 11:40 AM
Hello,

Our family of four (2 adults and 4 yo twins) will be travelling to DL and San Diego from 4/28 to 5/8. We'll be visiting the Disney parks the Zoo, Wild Animal Kingdom, SeaWorld and LegoLand. Having never been to the West Coast, could you please give me some advice as far as clothing to pack for this time of year? Are shorts appropriate or more pants? Thanks!

I have read a lot of your posts and have found them extremely helpful -- thank you, thank you!

Sandy

Not Afraid
04-08-2002, 01:37 PM
The best advice I can give you is to bring layers. I'm a weather wimp and have been wearing 2-3 layers (t-shirt, sweater, jacket) to the parks at night (plus mittens). A long sleave t-shirt is fine for the day in the sun.

I wouldn't wear shorts yet. I see people wearing them at night and they seem fine. I personally couldn't handle it. I wore a skirt and open-back shoes one evening and froze.

Once again, I am a weather wimp. My husband calls me "Thermally Challenged". Whatever it is, I bring clothes just in case.

Also, keep an eye on weather.com. You can get a good odea as to where the weather is heading. There's no reason that it won't get hot in the next few weeks.