PDA

View Full Version : Vagabond Executive Inn

msgmg68
02-22-2006, 07:17 AM
Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently? I didn't see any user reviews and that is one of my "choices" of where to stay when we are there in June.

Thank you for your help.

stan4d_steph
02-22-2006, 08:17 AM
It doesn't appear to be very popular with MP readers. Here's one previous thread with a review (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=33154&highlight=vagabond).

SandraVB79
02-22-2006, 09:04 AM
I did stay at the one in Sacramento, and liked it over there... if that helps.

msgmg68
02-22-2006, 09:23 AM
I had noticed that it wasn't mentioned much on the boards. I am coming for a convention at the Hilton and my boss wants to put us up there.

I guess I'll have to hope for the best! By the way, trip advisor's site has mixed reviews, with the most recent being good.

Thanks a bunch all!

stan4d_steph
02-22-2006, 10:05 AM
Please send a review into the MP review database after your stay. :)

SandraVB79
02-22-2006, 10:13 AM
When I went to the Sacramento one, I had also read mixed reviews, but it was really a good hotel! It's not the Four Season's... but still good!!

hbquikcomjamesl
02-22-2006, 10:46 AM
When I'm in Sacramento, I always stay at the Vagabond. It's a tiny bit institutional in look and feel (e.g., it's an outside-corridor building with storefront-style aluminum-and-glass window-walls), but the rooms are comfortable, it's within walking distance of the train station (walking distance WITH luggage!), Old Sac, the State Capitol, and the Downtown Plaza Shopping Mall, and it has good complimentary internet access, and an excellent continental breakfast room. And the people are nice.

Which tells you exactly nothing (or at least nothing reliable) about the one in Anaheim. But still, based on my experiences with the Sacramento location (better than any of the other 3 hotels I've stayed at in Sacramento), I wouldn't hesitate to stay at another Vagabond property (whereas, based on my experiences with the Chicago "W," I'm never staying at another Starwood property again, if I can possibly help it, as long as I live!)

msgmg68
02-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Please send a review into the MP review database after your stay. :)

I'd be happy to post a review as soon as I get back!:)

nvmom
02-22-2006, 10:54 AM
I was also going to add that I've stayed at the Vagabond in Sacramento and was very pleased. Now, that doesn't help w/Anaheim a bit, I know. :)

nvmom

SandraVB79
02-22-2006, 11:35 AM
When I'm in Sacramento, I always stay at the Vagabond. It's a tiny bit institutional in look and feel (e.g., it's an outside-corridor building with storefront-style aluminum-and-glass window-walls), but the rooms are comfortable, it's within walking distance of the train station (walking distance WITH luggage!), Old Sac, the State Capitol, and the Downtown Plaza Shopping Mall, and it has good complimentary internet access, and an excellent continental breakfast room. And the people are nice.

Which tells you exactly nothing (or at least nothing reliable) about the one in Anaheim. But still, based on my experiences with the Sacramento location (better than any of the other 3 hotels I've stayed at in Sacramento), I wouldn't hesitate to stay at another Vagabond property (whereas, based on my experiences with the Chicago "W," I'm never staying at another Starwood property again, if I can possibly help it, as long as I live!)

That reminds me how we WALKED everything in Sacramento... from Old Sac through the mall, to the Capitol, to Governor's Mansion and back. A jump in the hot ub, and then SHOPPING!!!!
Hmmm, and the next morning the waffles from the waffle stations in the breakfast room...

Sorry to hijack the thread, just re-living some great memories!

TahoeBob
02-22-2006, 01:15 PM
Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently? I didn't see any user reviews and that is one of my "choices" of where to stay when we are there in June.

Thank you for your help.
I stayed there about 3 years ago when it was the dupre inn. I would not stay there again, bad parking, one night we returned with the car and all spots were full (my wife is on Disability) a car was parked in handycaped spot without a HC plate it turns out it was the guy who worked in the office and he would not move his car untill I told him I would call a towtruck to have it moved.Hot tub was cold carpet dirty. Bad place to stay. for more look at trip advisor http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29092-d217227-Reviews-Vagabond_Executive_Inn_Anaheim-Anaheim_California.html