PDA

View Full Version : Cute ...

bekky
02-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Im up in NorthernCal & today I saw an suv in a parking lot that had painted all over its windows,
" DISNEYLAND OR BUST " ... " HEADED TO THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH "

etc etc ..

It was cute ... I dont know if they are just getting back or just about to leave - but it made me glad we are going in a couple weeks !

Opus1guy
02-21-2006, 01:06 PM
That is cute. I was recently driving from Vegas back to home, and saw a car with "We're Going To Disneyland!" painted on their rear window. Made me smile.

cfrith
02-21-2006, 01:16 PM
This just gave me another idea...can you tell I'm obsessed with planning all this now!? Maybe that's how we'll tell the kids- we'll wake them up early to go "out to breakfast" and then we could have the car all painted with Mickey's head and "we're going to Disneyland"... which do you like better that or the fortune cookie? (they are only 4 and 7 BTW)

cfrith
02-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Does that stuff wash off easily?

CariBelle
02-21-2006, 01:18 PM
I like the decorated car idea better!

Opus1guy
02-21-2006, 01:32 PM
I like the decorated car idea better!

Me too. And Party stores have paint specially made for this ("Just Married" stuff that might be in the wedding section). Some folks use soap and others use white shoe polish. Glass is pretty easy to clean stuff off of.

crazi4dlr
02-21-2006, 01:37 PM
I know that they carry something called "Spirit Paint" up here. The kids in the high schools use it during play off times and such. I like the idea of painting up the car but mostly because the fortune cookie idea seemed to be more of a chore. Your 4 year old will understand the Mickey head and your 7 year old can read it to him/her.

CariBelle
02-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Target also carries window paint.

MammaSilva
02-21-2006, 01:39 PM
Just keep it off your chrome and you're good to go... we decorated my friends 15 passenger van when we took the girls to N*Sync in Oakland, and it was so much fun to see other cars that were decorated or the girls had signs they would hold up as we passed by...and it washed off easy cheesy... but we did get some on the chrome and didn't notice and it discolored it.

cfrith
02-21-2006, 01:46 PM
I like the idea of painting up the car but mostly because the fortune cookie idea seemed to be more of a chore. Your 4 year old will understand the Mickey head and your 7 year old can read it to him/her.

I think you're right on! Thanks everyone!

CariBelle
02-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Just keep it off your chrome and you're good to go... we decorated my friends 15 passenger van when we took the girls to N*Sync in Oakland, and it was so much fun to see other cars that were decorated or the girls had signs they would hold up as we passed by...and it washed off easy cheesy... but we did get some on the chrome and didn't notice and it discolored it.

I've spent many a day decorating cars for *NSync concerts!

cfrith
02-21-2006, 01:49 PM
sorry, I kinda hijacked this thread! I was just going to add- my MIL is going to kill me if I do this because she has to drive our car back to her house after dropping us off at the airport!!!! Hopefully there is a carwash right next to the airport!

Alisonsmom
02-21-2006, 02:01 PM
We went to D-Land Feb 9-13 and my friends decorated the car with "Disneyland or Bust" and "Here we come Buzz", etc. We drove down the I-5 from No CA and got a few looks. One guy even flipped us off around the LA area. We just laughed.

ComfyCody
02-21-2006, 02:23 PM
There are also the printable cling sheets that you can buy. You could make some really cute clings for the windows, and it's easy to peel off. We've done that before, and my ds loves that he can take them off of the car windows, and put them on the windows in his bedroom. Not quite as bold and dramatic, but if you have a car crazy dh, it's a cleaner option! :D

Duchess mermaid
02-24-2006, 09:26 AM
DO NOT USE SHOE POLISH!!! they used this on our car after our wedding and it wouldn't come off. we went straight to the car wash after checking into our hotel that night and scrubed and scrubed. we had to use a razor blade and scrap it off eventually.

CandiBell
02-24-2006, 10:09 AM
Please take some pictures of the car!

hlbtimes2
02-24-2006, 10:17 AM
Crayola makes great markers for writting on windows. They come in a pack of 8-10 colors, work great and wash off easy.

cfrith
02-24-2006, 11:00 AM
Please take some pictures of the car!

Okay! It'll be a couple months....

cfrith
02-24-2006, 11:02 AM
Crayola makes great markers for writting on windows. They come in a pack of 8-10 colors, work great and wash off easy.

Thank you-sounds like a good idea. :)

Bolivar
02-24-2006, 12:19 PM
We went to D-Land Feb 9-13 and my friends decorated the car with "Disneyland or Bust" and "Here we come Buzz", etc. We drove down the I-5 from No CA and got a few looks. One guy even flipped us off around the LA area. We just laughed.
I don't understand people. I find it endearing when I see someone excited and engaged by something. I guess I might sometimes find it a little odd at the same time, but even if it was something I could care less about or even that I disliked myself, I can't understand why someone would feel animosity towards someone with that excitement. And then to express it by flipping off that person, and their kids. I just don't get it.

passthepixiedust
02-24-2006, 01:09 PM
I don't understand people. I find it endearing when I see someone excited and engaged by something. I guess I might sometimes find it a little odd at the same time, but even if it was something I could care less about or even that I disliked myself, I can't understand why someone would feel animosity towards someone with that excitement. And then to express it by flipping off that person, and their kids. I just don't get it.
Exactly my thoughts Bolivar.

Sub Maniak
02-24-2006, 02:25 PM
I love it when I see those kinds of things on cars!

I've Seen

*Antenna Balls
*Bumper Stickers
*Window Drawings
*LOTS OF OTHER FUN STUFF!:p

nightdesigns
02-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Last time I was coming back from Vegas on the 15 I noticed the guy in front of me had a "Disney Lover" license plate ... I only noticed it because the guy cut me off to get stuck behind the same guy I was stuck behind. <Sigh> :rolleyes:

cfrith
02-24-2006, 03:54 PM
I just thought of something- it might be too dark when we take the kids out to the car to even see it very well. It'll be around 5am! Maybe with all the lights on the outside of my inlaws house...we'll see!