PDA

View Full Version : Picnic Area Lockers have been removed

Pages : [1] 2

Darkbeer
02-21-2006, 12:35 PM
http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1220638

Not sure if they are gone for good, or being replaced.

MammaSilva
02-21-2006, 12:36 PM
wow

Niwel
02-21-2006, 01:10 PM
oh I hope they are just being replaces because what a pain in the tuchus for our MA picnic and game itself if they are gone for good. Also bad news for people who want to /need to leave stuff outside the park

Tinkermommy
02-21-2006, 01:25 PM
Well, I for one am going to buy some flowers and mourn the passing of these special lock...oops. Sorry. Lost my mind for a minute.

Darkbeer
02-21-2006, 01:31 PM
The lockers seemed to be in good shape when I last used them, so not sure why they would replace them.

But I can understand from a security point of view why they would remove them.

crazi4dlr
02-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Now what to do with the picnic food. Personally I think this is a conspiracy by the Disney Kitchens to force us to eat the food in the park and spend.....oops sorry! Got carried away :D

Opus1guy
02-21-2006, 01:35 PM
I'm a little confused. Are these lockers that were inside the picnic area, or are these the lockers that were near the picnic area (outside the park, but inside bag-check near the Group Sales windows)? Thanks.

MermaidHair
02-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Well, I for one am going to buy some flowers and mourn the passing of these special lock...oops. Sorry. Lost my mind for a minute.

LMAO :D :D :D

Darkbeer
02-21-2006, 02:03 PM
The Picnic area is OUTSIDE of the security checkpoints.

They have built a metal gate at the old access point near the restrooms and lockers inside the security checkpoints on the north west corner of the Main Entry Plaza.

The one and only Picnic Area entrance is now next to the North Tram Loading area.

The lockers that have been removed are the ones outside of the checkpoints, the ones inside are still there.

Opus1guy
02-21-2006, 03:01 PM
The lockers that have been removed are the ones outside of the checkpoints, the ones inside are still there.

Thanks.

Alex S.
02-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Are you sure the lockers have actually been removed and aren't just behind a wall?

When I walked by there today I could see the green tops of the lockers (though, it may be that the lockers themselves were gone). I didn't risk the ire of Dennis though, by standing on a table to see if anything more was visible.

If they are being removed it may be because with the current set up of the picnic area nobody ever knew they were there and were therefore underused.

GeminiAngel
02-21-2006, 08:52 PM
Wow! I'm sorry Darkbeer! the photos of what you were eating did not look too good to me! What was it?

Alex S.
02-21-2006, 11:03 PM
I'm not sure about the first two pictures. It is definitely salmon roe (salmon eggs, that is) on top and looks like it is on top of guacamole which makes no sense. Natto maybe? If it is natto, then it is the only one of the three dishes shown I'd pass up (slimy just isn't an acceptable food texture for me).

Photo #3 (of the food) looks like a teriyaki shrimp tempura roll and #4 appears to be crab meat on top of cucumber salad.

Alex S.
02-22-2006, 11:05 PM
By the way, I looked again today and I was wrong. The lockers are gone, with just the cover remaining. They've walled off a good section of ground around them but the view through a crack shows no paricular work going on.

Another Dimension
02-22-2006, 11:52 PM
Picnic Area Lockers have been removed

What an outrage! Where is my cel?!?
After V Day and all the recent DL mournable losses, I have the FTD florist on speed dial.

What kinda flowers should be laid to properly mourn some lockers, anyway?

geoffa
02-23-2006, 02:58 AM

I moving to Anaheim and I'm opening a florist's shop!:)

geoffa
02-23-2006, 02:59 AM
What an outrage! Where is my cel?!?
After V Day and all the recent DL mournable losses, I have the FTD florist on speed dial.

What kinda flowers should be laid to properly mourn some lockers, anyway?

Maybe hemLOCK?:rolleyes:

Opus1guy
02-23-2006, 08:27 AM
Maybe hemLOCK?:rolleyes:

I think it could be a COMBINATION of several different types.

:)

Alex S.
02-26-2006, 03:28 PM
I've received an email saying that they're putting in larger lockers, to better accommodate larger picnic related luggage.

From somebody I don't know, so it may not be correct.

Darkbeer
02-26-2006, 03:52 PM
As of Saturday night, there were no lockers, in fact, they removed the pay point machine that was there last weekend.

Alex S.
02-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah, they were completely gone by Wednesday when I went by. My apologies for casting a momentary doubt.

adriennek
02-26-2006, 06:13 PM
I moving to Anaheim and I'm opening a florist's shop!:)

:applauding:

Beautifully executed. Very nice. :D

Adrienne

Another Dimension
02-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Maybe hemLOCK?

I think it could be a COMBINATION of several different types.

:)

HAHA!

So... does Schlage, Kwikset or Master Lock offer a sampler bouquet?

But seriously....
I'm really seriously worried Disney will remove all the lockers on property (ie: destroying Walt's Dream) and 50,000 (or more) people a day will all be wearing their giant backpacks for the whole day, incredibly multiplying all the Guests who are already repeatedly slamming me with said backpacks (and having absolutely no clue they are, over and over, to myself and different Guests all thruout the day and night.... :rolleyes: )

Worried, I tell ya!!

Ahhh!
Save the lockers!
Sign the petition!
Visit City Hall and vent!
Write Matt...!
Spell out SAVE THE LOCKERS in human letters in the Esplanade.

We are losing our Disney lockers people!!
I'm freakin' out!!! :|

potzbie
02-26-2006, 10:12 PM
Ahhh!
Save the lockers!
Sign the petition!
Visit City Hall and vent!
Write Matt...!
Spell out SAVE THE LOCKERS in human letters in the Esplanade.

And it is worse than that! ...
The memo from Burbank was leaked ...
New lockers, with the smiling face of Johnny Depp, will be installed!
:eek:

"Save our ...," I mean, "Stop the ...," I mean, "We gotta get more flowers! More! Flowers!
:(

Crazy4DL
02-27-2006, 09:17 AM
LOL!!!!!! :D :p