PDA

View Full Version : How much are the attraction poster reprints?

Gymgirl975
02-21-2006, 12:30 PM
from the Disney Gallery?
And do they have the original attractions? I'd like to do a Fantasyland theme for my 1.5 year old's bedroom with ride posters from Peter Pan, Snow White, Alice, and maybe It's a Small World.

Dexter
02-21-2006, 02:01 PM
You can get print on demand items at both the disney gallery as well as World of Disney. The price is dependant upon what type of paper you get and what size you get:

27" x 36" Paper Print $35
36" x 48" Paper Print $45
27" x 36" Canvas Print $125
36" x 48" Canvas Print $150

Sub Maniak
02-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Even though the reprints are cheaper, buy the framed for $35.
They look great!

goober7011
02-21-2006, 09:20 PM
Even though the reprints are cheaper, buy the framed for $35.
They look great!
Where would you get them framed at?

stan4d_steph
02-22-2006, 05:59 AM
Where would you get them framed at?You can have them framed where you purchase them. That's the easiest way to do it, and you know they will do a good job.

canadasunflower
02-22-2006, 07:09 AM
Is there any way to order these and have them shipped out? We wanted a couple of attraction posters when we were there in July, we just ran out of US Dollars. I really, really, really want the POTC and Space Mountain posters...

Thanks for the help!

MammaSilva
02-22-2006, 07:17 AM
Is there any way to order these and have them shipped out? We wanted a couple of attraction posters when we were there in July, we just ran out of US Dollars. I really, really, really want the POTC and Space Mountain posters...

Thanks for the help!

There are a couple options, but I'd vote that you contact the folks at MouseShoppe (http://www.mouseshoppe.com/)

DisneylandForever
02-22-2006, 07:25 AM
from the Disney Gallery?
And do they have the original attractions? I'd like to do a Fantasyland theme for my 1.5 year old's bedroom with ride posters from Peter Pan, Snow White, Alice, and maybe It's a Small World.

They have posters for each of the attractions you listed. And I would highly recommend getting the smaller one for $35. I bought the big HM one and that sucker is huge!

I would also recommend not getting it/them framed at the Gallery. Their framing prices are a bit high, IMO.

Gymgirl975
02-22-2006, 09:13 AM
So it would be 35 for the print and 35 for the frame?
Then, if I wanted them to ship it home for me so I wouldn't have to worry about it on the plane, would they do that as well?
Thanks for all the help!

Dexter
02-22-2006, 09:33 AM
I've had things shipped home from the park before and found their shipping rates to be relatively reasonable. I had a big fig shipped and while I got a discount on the big fig, shipping was still 18 bucks or so. I'd recommend asking at the gallery first, but would think that if Disneyana on mainstreet can ship items so could the gallery.

annieb727
02-22-2006, 09:51 AM
are these like movie posters, or are they thicker -- are they protected with anything? getting very interested in getting some of these for the boys' bedrooms....

anniedg
02-22-2006, 02:10 PM
We bought some a year and a half ago when we were at the park. They shipped them to us in Denver at no cost and we didn't have to pay tax, so the total cost for two was $70.

annie b727 -- we bought the paper prints for $35 each, they aren't glossy like movie posters and may be a bit heavier weight, but they are not protected by anything -- you probably would want to frame them. If you're not real picky you could trim the borders yourself (they come with a large white border) and fit them in less expensive pre-made frames so that it's not a custom job. That's what we did and they look great.

Sub Maniak
02-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Where would you get them framed at?
You can get them from at the Disney Gallery. But I ment the colorful cardboard fromes they put on the poster.

SneakyStella
02-22-2006, 06:30 PM
I ment the colorful cardboard fromes they put on the poster.

I'm confused :confused:
Do they come matted for $35. That would rock.
If so, does the 27" x 36" measurement include the mat (or white border if no mat)?

darph nader
02-22-2006, 07:27 PM
You can get print on demand items at both the disney gallery as well as World of Disney. The price is dependant upon what type of paper you get and what size you get:

Cooool. Better start saving my pocket change.:cool:

stan4d_steph
02-23-2006, 05:31 AM
You can get them from at the Disney Gallery. But I ment the colorful cardboard fromes they put on the poster.The "colorful cardboard frames" you are referring to are called mattes.

anniedg
02-23-2006, 07:58 AM
They do not come matted for $35 -- just the print. Ours are the 27" x 36" paper with a 2 1/2" to 3" white border included in that 27" x 36" size. The actual print size not including the white border is approx. 21" by 31". I assume they all have the same border sizes, our two do ( we have the Matterhorn Bobsleds and the Haunted Mansion).

Shinku
02-23-2006, 07:21 PM
Okay, let's back the train up because we're probably confusing the original poster.

There are two routes to go in order to get attraction posters.

1. You can go to the disney gallery (or use the kiosks at the world of disney store in downtown disney) and use their touch-screen system to order custom prints of attraction posters. As Dexter said, there are differences in prices depending on the size and what material you would like your poster printed on:

2. World of Disney, Disneyana, and the Disney Gallery sell smaller, pre-matted, non-glossy versions of attraction posters. These are available for $35 and come in a plastic sleeve (as not to get them dirty before you get them home. By no means is the plastic a comparable "frame" in the "hanging it on the wall" sense).

There, better?

goober7011
02-23-2006, 08:24 PM
Okay, let's back the train up because we're probably confusing the original poster.

There are two routes to go in order to get attraction posters.

1. You can go to the disney gallery (or use the kiosks at the world of disney store in downtown disney) and use their touch-screen system to order custom prints of attraction posters. As Dexter said, there are differences in prices depending on the size and what material you would like your poster printed on:

2. World of Disney, Disneyana, and the Disney Gallery sell smaller, pre-matted, non-glossy versions of attraction posters. These are available for $35 and come in a plastic sleeve (as not to get them dirty before you get them home. By no means is the plastic a comparable "frame" in the "hanging it on the wall" sense).

There, better?
Yea I was goin to ask the same question when it got closer to my date but I have a couple other questions. How big are the pre-matted versions? And if i use the kiosk at World of Disney for the 27" x 36" do i get it then or is it mailed (shipping)?
Thanks
Goober

Werner
02-23-2006, 11:41 PM
The "colorful cardboard frames" you are referring to are called mattes.

actually they're mats

stan4d_steph
02-24-2006, 05:59 AM
actually they're matsYou're right! Sorry 'bout the typo.

passthepixiedust
02-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Sounds like something I'd love ! What do they look like ? Anyone got pics ?

seanutbutter
02-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Sounds like something I'd love ! What do they look like ? Anyone got pics ?

Here are some examples:
http://www.phil-sears.com/Disneyland_Posters.htm

passthepixiedust
02-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Thanks, seanutbutter ! I love them, especially the splash mountain one. Definately to be added to my "must have" list.