PDA

View Full Version : Mourn the passing of the once great New Orleans Square!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Sub Maniak
02-21-2006, 12:15 PM
:crying: Voice your opinions on the Passing of Haunted Mansion Holiday and Pirates of the Caribean.:crying:

:crying: I have to admit that HmH was not as exciting this time but exciting none the less!:crying:

Andrew
02-21-2006, 12:17 PM
What are you talking about?

cstephens
02-21-2006, 12:23 PM
I think everyone should put daisys at the entrance to both attractions. And maybe flood New Orleans Square to boot.

Opus1guy
02-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Excuse me while I put on by black armband, and flog myself in misery.

Oh woe is me. Fate, my cruel companion...why do you torment me so? Can you not pity this poor wretched soul and spare my favorite theme park attractions from your icy grip of death. Waaaaaaaah! Waaaaaaaaaaah!

:)

And the passing of the Haunted Mansion? I thought those ghosts were already dead!

OCCOBRA
02-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Passing of Haunted Mansion Holiday is about time in my book. I do still like the overlay but the time the ride is shut down to do it is usually when i go so i will not miss it. Pirates of the Caribbean, i am excited to see the change. I don't think it will have such an impact, even if it does great, i welcome the change...

bekky
02-21-2006, 12:49 PM
haunted mansion is closing ?

or just CHANGING ?

Maybe Im missing something

DangerMouse
02-21-2006, 12:54 PM
OH GOOD GRIEF CHARLIE BROWN!

Ooops! Wrong park. :p

bekky
02-21-2006, 12:57 PM
I DO have to say - Im going to laugh if I see any flowers placed outside attractions while we are there ....
I'll take a picture of them

more aptly - a picture of the "sighing" :( cast member sweeping them up - haha !!

cfrith
02-21-2006, 01:21 PM
not another thread about this kind of stuff.....:rolleyes:

coronado_g
02-21-2006, 02:05 PM
not another thread about this kind of stuff.....:rolleyes:
Absolutely. And I heard that the ENTIRE park might close for an overlay...:p

adriennek
02-21-2006, 02:08 PM
I think everyone should put daisys at the entrance to both attractions.

Dead flowers would be totally in theme at HM, though, so how would people even know that you were protesting?

Adrienne

JookyG
02-21-2006, 02:57 PM
The best way to protest is to stay home. And let those of us who look forward to change can go to the park and suffer on your behalf :D

seanutbutter
02-21-2006, 03:12 PM
New Orleans Square will always be one of my favorite lands at DL. Even though I'm sad about POTC, it doesn't change my opinion of the whole land.

Sub Maniak
02-21-2006, 03:42 PM
haunted mansion is closing ?

or just CHANGING ?

Maybe Im missing something

You are missing one thing!
Haunted Mansion Holiday is closiung.
The contract with Tim Burton was not chosen to be renewed after the first 5 years!:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Sub Maniak
02-21-2006, 03:43 PM
The best way to protest is to stay home. And let those of us who look forward to change can go to the park and suffer on your behalf :D
Why not petition?:confused:

seanutbutter
02-21-2006, 03:46 PM
The contract with Tim Burton was not chosen to be renewed after the first 5 years!:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Oh darn..and I never got to ride it!

Andrew
02-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Oh darn..and I never got to ride it!
Fortunately, although repeated many times, this is not true. Come back next fall.

cstephens
02-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Dead flowers would be totally in theme at HM, though, so how would people even know that you were protesting?

Adrienne

I'll be the one walking over the people who have chained themselves to the front of Pirates and Mansion.

The contract with Tim Burton was not chosen to be renewed after the first 5 years

1. Haunted Mansion Holiday has already closed for the season. Good thing, since it's February so neither Halloween nor Christmas is seasonal right now.

2. This rumour has been circulating since the first or second year of HMH. It was started by and consistently perpetuated by people on the East Coast who are mad that WDW *still* hasn't gotten HMH yet and are twelve shades of green with envy, and not just around St. Patrick's Day time.

Opus1guy
02-21-2006, 03:54 PM
New Orleans Square will always be one of my favorite lands at DL. Even though I'm sad about POTC, it doesn't change my opinion of the whole land.

I hate to be the one to disappoint you, but you better get your potted plants, begonias, and cemetery wreaths ready. And send that old sackcloth to the cleaners. Because I heard a rumor from a very reliable source of rumors that they were changing it's name to "Parisian Plaza" and removing all NOLA references. Royal Street will become "rue Mouffetard." Club 33 will become "Club Trente Trois." The French Market Café will become "le Café Français du Marché." Gonna have our first WestCOT country right in Disneyland!!

All this because FEMA...through some bureaucratic screw-up...was going to require Disneyland to build a huge expensive levy along the banks of the Rivers of America, to prevent the possible "future flooding of New Orleans." Or so my reliable source of rumors told someone who thinks they know me.

Pirates will survive with the addition of le hot Johnny Depp et al. But the guidebooks and web site are already sporting this cryptic description of the attraction:

Pirates of the Caribbean - Tenir le Premier Rôle: Johnny Depp!

À bord d'un canot, affrontez le feu des canons et les sabres fanfarons! Les pirates ont pris le pouvoir!

À l'attaque!

Good Lord. Is nothing sacré anymore?

jrad32
02-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Geez you ever hear of trying something before freaking out about it? Sometimes I think the people on this board must go to the same restaurant and order the same dish for dinner every day. How do you know if you will like something or not if you don't try new things?

So, everyone take a deep breath, and go ride Pirates when it reopens. If you don't like it fine, but at least you will be reacting to something you've tried instead of freaking over something you just might like.

crazi4dlr
02-21-2006, 04:00 PM
I hate to be the one to disappoint you, but you better get your potted plants, begonias, and cemetery wreaths ready. And send that old sackcloth to the cleaners. Because I heard a rumor from a very reliable source of rumors that they were changing it's name to "Parisian Plaza" and removing all NOLA references. Royal Street will become "rue Mouffetard." Club 33 will become "Club Trente Trois." The French Market Café will become "le Café Français du Marché." Gonna have our first WestCOT country right in Disneyland!!

All this because FEMA...through some bureaucratic screw-up...was going to require Disneyland to build a huge expensive levy along the banks of the Rivers of America, to prevent the possible "future flooding of New Orleans." Or so my reliable source of rumors told someone who thinks they know me.

Pirates will survive with the addition of le hot Johnny Depp et al. But the guidebooks and web site are already sporting this cryptic description of the attraction:

Good Lord. Is nothing sacré anymore?

Yeah Baby!!!!! LMAO

seanutbutter
02-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Fortunately, although repeated many times, this is not true. Come back next fall.

Oh, well that's good news!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-21-2006, 04:22 PM

So they will not have HMH anymore? Or am I having a blonde moment.
I really dislike when people post things without ALL the details in the first post of the thread. Like we ALL know EVERYTHING that is going on at DL without getting SOME information from the boards.

***UPDATED**** My bad. I didn't read the 3 page thread about this. SORRY!

Opus1guy
02-21-2006, 04:25 PM
So they will not have HMH anymore? Or am I having a blonde moment.

See Post #17.

I really dislike when people post things without ALL the details in the first post of the thread. Like we ALL know EVERYTHING that is going on at DL without getting SOME information from the boards.

I pretty much agree with 'ya there.

adriennek
02-21-2006, 05:03 PM
Geez you ever hear of trying something before freaking out about it? Sometimes I think the people on this board must go to the same restaurant and order the same dish for dinner every day. How do you know if you will like something or not if you don't try new things?

Didja miss all the tongues we had planted so firmly in most of our cheeks?

Adrienne