PDA

View Full Version : March 5th weather?

disneygirlie
02-21-2006, 06:26 AM
Hey everyone! I'm making my first trip to DL the week of March 5th and I'm kinda nervous about the weather. I have heard it can be anywhere from 50-70 degrees at this time of year. I was hoping it would be warm enough for shorts but now I think that might be wishful thinking. We do come from Boston so it will probably seem warm to us but does anyone have any suggestions on the type of clothing we will need to pack?

blewellen
02-21-2006, 06:39 AM
California weather is very hard to predict. Just last week we were having 90 degree days! But now this week its chilly in the 60's.. I would watch weather.com for predicted temperatures as the week gets closer.. Since you come from a colder climate, you will most likely find the temperature in the 60's to be comfortable and require shorts. Have fun!

CariBelle
02-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Light layers is the key! I wouldn't give up on the short idea either, just make sure you bring some long pants as well. When I go to the park during this time of the year I wear flip flops, jeans, a t-shirt, and a light track jacket. I always have a pair of shoes and socks and a heavy jacket in the car in case it gets chilly at night.

vegasmommytoDL
02-21-2006, 12:11 PM
I will be there that day too! If you are worried about the temp they do have lockers. We usually bring light jackets for everyone as well as sweatpants for my 4 year old. For 2 reasons, one because she gets cold easy and also because she LOVES Splash Mountain but afterwards is shivvering with a wet rear end! We usually keep a bunch of stuff in the bottom of the stroller and we have never had anything stolen *knock on wood* (Including my video camera, etc.)

I'm more worried about the crowds. Originally I thought that weekend would be good but with the Pirates going down and Flashback that night I think the park sounds busy.

I'm glad I made my Blue Bayou reservation early!

CariBelle
02-21-2006, 01:09 PM
I'll be there on the 5th and 6th also! What's Flashback?

MsYumiBr
02-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Oh boy, I forgot Flashback was going on. We are going to be there that weekend too. It's my daughter's birthday but we are not staying at the resort. It's a little too far ahead to figure out the weather system. Essential clothing includes sweat jacket and comfortable shoes. Other items are variable. Besides, what better excuse to buy clothes there than "I'm cold" or "I'm hot". lol.

disneygirlie
02-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the help! I tend to over pack and I'm sure this trip won't be any different, so I'm sure I'll be ok. :)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-21-2006, 08:34 PM
Since you are from Boston, shorts will be fine for you. Just bring a sweatshirt, or better yet, forget yours at home and BUY a new one, I do that all the time. hehe
What is flashback?

vegasmommytoDL
02-22-2006, 07:24 AM
What's Flashback?

From the Disneyland Website Annual Pass area:

Flashback is an all-volunteer production made up of Disneyland® Resort Cast Members. The show is full of song and dance all in the name of charity. Join us at the Hyperion Theater on March 6, 2006. The show starts at 8:30pm. Tickets go on sale on January 16, 2006 and will be available until March 5, 2006 or until tickets are sold out. Call 714-781-4400 for tickets today.

Space is limited and tickets are available while supplies last. Limit four (4) tickets per Annual Passholder. Each ticket is valid for admission to the event and parking for one (1) vehicle (larger vehicles may require an additional fee) at a designated lot on the specified event date. Tickets are nonrefundable and may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. Tickets are not valid for theme park admission prior to the hours of the event. Offer and event information are subject to restrictions and change without notice. ©Disney

I heard someone say they were around $15 (or something close)