PDA

View Full Version : Pooh ride yesterday 2/20/06

mckygirl99
02-21-2006, 05:32 AM
Yesterday I took my daughter on the Pooh ride. All was well until we hit the Tigger scene and this extremely vile and foul smell started to permeate the attraction. As we continued it got worse and worse and I was starting to feel physically ill. When we were back outside, we saw they had closed the queue and had shut down the ride. It smelled like a sewage leak but whatever it was, it was so horrible.

Does anyone know what happened??

Sorry...actually 2/20

ralfrick
02-21-2006, 07:08 AM
A sewer smell on a ride named Pooh, and no one is running with this? Maybe it's just too easy.

Cheers.

mckygirl99
02-21-2006, 08:25 AM
Yeah I started once to title this "Poo on Pooh" :D

JookyG
02-21-2006, 09:18 AM
Oh man, just wait til the Pooh ride haters get ahold of this one, LOL! I love the ride myself, but then again, I'm attracted to bright colors and psychedelic imagery.

Pat-n-Eil
02-21-2006, 09:45 AM
That sounds like a poo-riffic experience.

RVers know what a Honey Wagon is (a truck that comes and dumps their waste tanks).. perhaps Disneyland needs a Hunny Wagon?

Did anyone call Roto-Poohter?

stan4d_steph
02-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Could be a backed-up stormdrain. Decaying organic matter gives off nasty odors.

Opus1guy
02-21-2006, 10:11 AM
My guess...something tire/rubber related. A flat or separating rubber tire or caster. A seized bearing or brake causing just one tire to lock-up. They smell pretty foul when they are "burning" from friction as they are dragged through the attraction.

Used to happen at the Park on various attractions all the time.

animalx
02-21-2006, 10:47 AM
Congrats !!! You found the secret bathroom :)

Opus1guy
02-21-2006, 11:16 AM

LOL! Good one! :)

Tinkermommy
02-21-2006, 11:37 AM

Now THAT was FUNNY!! I almost snorted the Diet Coke I'm drinking!

Thanks for the laugh -- it was a big one!

ralfrick
02-22-2006, 08:28 AM
I had hesitated to initially respond to this thread in case it was a set-up, but it's served a real purpose. It reminded me that when we leave the Shark Tank after a hockey game, there is a similar smell (when they win, too, so it's not that). I finally remembered to contact my ticket account manager, so thanks for the indirect reminder.

Cheers.

ToursbabeC3po
02-24-2006, 11:54 AM
A lot of times Teens set off stink bombs so that could have been what it was

MsYumiBr
02-24-2006, 01:18 PM
There were a LOT of younger teens there this weekend running around in packs and causing mischief. They kept making barking and howling noises in POTC to the point where the guy in the back of our boat told the boys to "shut it". Thank God for Big Men. lol

Wesley815
02-24-2006, 03:36 PM
A lot of times Teens set off stink bombs so that could have been what it wasYep, I've seen that happen on Mansion to (normally in the stretching room).

disney jones
02-24-2006, 04:33 PM
i like it when the Exit fluorescent stamp at Disneyland for re-entry is "Pooh" - i had some pictures of the DD's later that day with "pooh on their hands" :p

SweetAurora
02-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Could have been anything.

Whatever it was, I hope it didn't smell as bad as that backstage area behind Pooh. (I have a million horrid jokes for this, but I think I'll pass).

I don't know what's up behind there, but the bathrooms and the surrounding areas always reeked of sewage and backed-up stormdrains off/on.

tinker3
02-27-2006, 09:05 AM
We were on it the day after you, no smell but the ride did break down. I have to admit it's kinda fun to walk through the ride. They said it was just overloaded and working too hard???? Not sure what that means! The waterfall in the beginning of the ride, doesn't it look like real water? When we walked past it it looked like a clear cellophane (sp?) curtain, no water.