PDA

View Full Version : Big Thunder Fastpass

Poster_SF
04-07-2002, 09:04 PM
Hi, Just got back from the park.....5 days of fun.

OK, I know it was crowded, but the stand by line for Big Thunder was UNBEARABLE. The sign said 35 minutes, but it took almost an hour and a half. I asked a CM at the front what was going on, and he said that there is a certain ratio they have to follow:

For every 40 Fast passes, they let on 4 standbys.

I couldn't believe this!! Doesn't that seem crazy??

I will never go on that ride ever again without the FP!!!

MonorailMan
04-08-2002, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Mary1421
Hi, Just got back from the park.....5 days of fun.

OK, I know it was crowded, but the stand by line for Big Thunder was UNBEARABLE. The sign said 35 minutes, but it took almost an hour and a half. I asked a CM at the front what was going on, and he said that there is a certain ratio they have to follow:

For every 40 Fast passes, they let on 4 standbys.

I couldn't believe this!! Doesn't that seem crazy??

I will never go on that ride ever again without the FP!!!

See Now I was told 7 FP, 3 SB for BTMR. :( Same thing when it said 15min. for me more like 30Min. :)

Ace
04-08-2002, 08:58 PM
that can't be right.... the SB line would never move then.

Nigel2
04-08-2002, 10:00 PM
It's true, there is a number of FP they will let through before they let anymore SB past. Look at autopia, do you wonder why they have the holding pit set up like that? So they can keep the SB people there and let the FP cruise by (and usually the line up to the holding area in non-existant). On Indy it is slightly different, not only do they have the ratio but they also (according to a CM) can only let so many people into the temple since people have been prone to panic attacks in the claustrophobic environments of the "tight" caves in the begining.