PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a hotel

potterphreak
02-20-2006, 08:49 AM
What towns are in between Santa Monica and Anaheim? We are hoping to hit both for DH's birthday trip in March and I am having a hard time finding towns in between these places. LOL Thanks in advance for any help!:confused:

MouseWife
02-20-2006, 09:10 AM
I don't know if this helps but I do these two things:

First, mapquest the location. {is there something you want to do in Santa Monica?} Then, when you do, when you get to the last page {with the directions} it will ask you if you want lodging/restaurants/etc. nearby.

Another thing I do is go to Bestwestern.com. I put in the city I want and it asks how many miles far away do you want the search to go. Voila! Hotels!

Also, I think pretty much any hotel chain does this. If you have a favorite brand in mind...

Good luck and have fun!

adriennek
02-20-2006, 10:06 AM
How many days will you be staying and will you be visiting one place more than the other?

I can think of lots of cool places between Anaheim and Santa Monica, but if it were me, I'd stay in one or the other or switch hotels. With traffic, Anaheim and Santa Monica can be a bit of a hike and the way that the freeways work, being in the middle, you would probably be stuck in a bit of traffic ALL the time. You could be stuck always feeling like you were fighting traffic.

If you stayed IN Anaheim and just visited Santa Monica, you'd only be dealing with traffic the day you drive to Santa Monica and back to Anaheim.

Does that make sense?

Adrienne

potterphreak
02-20-2006, 10:43 AM
Adrienne, thanks, yes that made perfect sense! Our trip looks something like this:
Leave Modesto early-ish Thursday, 3/9, go straight to Santa Monica. Do the beach and pier, maybe Venice Beach if there is time. Go to hotel. Friday, maybe Venice Beach and then Disneyland (DH doesn't want to do a WHOLE day at DL-he's broken I think! LOL) and then Saturday we leave for home. So, wouldn't be a whole lot of back and forth. If we stayed in Santa Monica or near there, anyone know of any good hotels? I want clean (no bugs!), free parking, comfy beds. Would LOOOOVE a big tub for some adults-only romance (woohoo!!!) but will take what I can get.

Thanks in advance!!!!