PDA

View Full Version : What is the least you have paid for Concierge at any DL hotels?

kohl
02-20-2006, 08:38 AM
I was just wondering what the going rate is. We are AP holders and have never stayed on concierge before.

Wendi
02-20-2006, 09:32 AM
I was just wondering what the going rate is. We are AP holders and have never stayed on concierge before.

I don't have my last reservation confirmation handy... but I believe it's something like $100/night at Paradise Pier, $125/night at Disneyland Hotel, $150/night at Disney's Grand Californian.

ssturgeo
02-20-2006, 09:49 AM
In November I ws quoted $75 per night more for Concierge Level at the DL Hotel

adriennek
02-20-2006, 10:02 AM
This probably won't help but the answer to the subject for me is: Free.

I had a comp'd concierge room at the Paradise Pier Hotel once. Long story about a really really bad stay that we paid for, me writing a letter and someone with a connection contacting management.

But it was cool to stay concierge for free. Absolutely! :D

Adrienne

kohl
02-20-2006, 10:14 AM
What was the total price per night. Not just the $175-$150 more a night.
Right now we are paying $199 a night for the GCH through Visa. (I know this is not a cheap price) Everytime we call about concierge, they say it is around $500 a night for GCH.

Wendi
02-20-2006, 10:21 AM
What was the total price per night. Not just the $175-$150 more a night.
Right now we are paying $199 a night for the GCH through Visa. (I know this is not a cheap price) Everytime we call about concierge, they say it is around $500 a night for GCH.

Are you sure they're not quoting that $500 for your entire stay? Can't be per night...

kisroo
02-20-2006, 10:39 AM
We paid $197.50 per night for concierge at GCH in 2005. It was part of our AAA package, but that's what the cost of the hotel nights equaled out to when I subtracted the other package elements. I thought that was an amazing rate, given the cost of a standard room. Even the AAA agent told me that was a fantastic rate when I booked.

~kisroo:)

TheMur
02-20-2006, 06:11 PM
I have never stayed at the Concierge level. What exactly "extra" do you get for the additional charge?

Sorry for the dumb question.

LibertyCall
02-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Oh man, I an just trying to get down to 199 for a STANDARD room at GCH. So far, I've only gotten 288.

vicbella2
02-20-2006, 06:41 PM
We paid $197.50 per night for concierge at GCH in 2005. It was part of our AAA package, but that's what the cost of the hotel nights equaled out to when I subtracted the other package elements. I thought that was an amazing rate, given the cost of a standard room. Even the AAA agent told me that was a fantastic rate when I booked.

Wow, that's a great rate. Booking through aaa with the 4th night free promo, we still ended up paying around $275 a night for a standard view at GCH. I thought that was a great deal then.

Wendi
02-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Ok... here's the "official" word from the back of the reservation confirmation letters:

If concierge services have been added to your reservation, an additional per night fee will be added to your account daily as set forth below.
This fee is not included in the room rate noted on this Confirmation.
$100 per night plus 15% bed tax at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
$125 per night plus 15% bed tax at the Disneyland Hotel
$150 per night plus 15% bed tax at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel.

Genris
02-21-2006, 06:55 AM
I have never stayed at the Concierge level. What exactly "extra" do you get for the additional charge?

Sorry for the dumb question.

Good question. What could they possibly do to be worth another $150 a night? :confused:

infinite
02-21-2006, 07:38 AM
Our last stay at the Grand was $626.75 a night (including tax) January of 2006, I only know that for sure because I have the paper right here. Prior to that it was about $500 a night in September and about $500 a night in May. We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel in a couple of weeks, and it is $506.00 a night. Again this includes tax.
$197.50 a night is impressive!

Claudia@BA
02-21-2006, 08:51 AM
$195 sounds too good to be true. I am paying about that for the DL in August but just for a normal room. I am getting discount because I work in the travel industry and I thought it was a good deal but to get concierge level rooms for that price is impressive.
I would like to know what you do get extra with concierge level rooms, can someone enlighten me?:) :confused:

Malcon10t
02-21-2006, 08:54 AM
Our last stay at the Grand was $626.75 a night (including tax) January of 2006, I only know that for sure because I have the paper right here. Prior to that it was about $500 a night in September and about $500 a night in May. We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel in a couple of weeks, and it is $506.00 a night. Again this includes tax.
$197.50 a night is impressive!That would be about right for concierge. $285 for the room standard rate, $150 for Concierge = $435. Tax on that would be $67 and the Resort Fee of $13. Add it up would be $515 a night. Perhaps at the Concierge level they waive or include the Resort Fee, which would bring it down to $502 a night.

kisroo
02-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Wow, that's a great rate. Booking through aaa with the 4th night free promo, we still ended up paying around $275 a night for a standard view at GCH. I thought that was a great deal then.

It was with the 4th night free.

I double checked my math and, subtracting our other package elements, that's the rate when I divided it by the number of nights we stayed. The 4th night free and booking it a year in advance made a difference I guess. Maybe they noticed how busy even off season times have been during the 50th and aren't given any breaks.

As for the "extras", I can only speak to the GCH. We had access to the Craftsmen lounge (concierge lounge) that offered breakfast. We also had a wine/beer time in the afternoon with more munchies (enough for a light dinner in my opinion), and then bedtime stories and cookies in the eve. You can also get chips/cookies throughout the day as well as all the bottled water and pop you want. There are also dvds available to borrow and the wonderful concierge staff to help with ressies and such.

Hope that helps.

I agree~we got a great rate this past trip. On our honeymoon, we paid about $230/night for concierge, but that was several years ago and off season again.

vicbella2
02-21-2006, 05:44 PM
KISROO:
So you actually paid $275 a night for GCH concierge last year? Great deal hunting skills. Even though we didn't have concierge, we had a great time at the GCH. The kids got a kick out of turn down service and their nightly chocolate. We've never stayed concierge in any of the hotels, but even with a basic standard room, we sure felt pamapered. We LOVE the service at GCH and are so happy we're going back in August. Unfortunately, we'll be paying $372.60 a night, unless we can get ap rates, although I'm not holding my breath for those.

Minnie66
02-22-2006, 02:05 PM
We just booked for June and were quoted an additional $145 per night. Last year we were comp'd but the year before we paid $125. I'm sure it depends on the time of year and how busy it is. Now, while you might be gasping at that price, we booked a suite for 12 people so I figure it is around $12.00 per person. For that, you get unlimited soft drinks and water, which for my family tends to add up at the parks price. We always eat our breakfast in the lounge and the ease of this for us is the biggest perk as it save us precious "Disney" time. They have afternoon and evening snacks. I realize you can bring all this stuff from home but we don't like to cart it around, we like to RELAX on vacation and this adds to that for us. We also get frustrated fighting the crowds at the park and love wathching the fireworks from the lounge at night munching on those wonderful cookies! For the most part, if you try and justify the added cost it may be difficult. If you are a person that likes the ease of just relaxing or going upstairs for a drink rather than searching around the resort it might be for you. They also offer help securing dining reservations and probably anything you need the CM's will help you with. They have gotten us baseball tickets and transportation and other similar things. They are great at adding a little extra pampering.