PDA

View Full Version : Soarin' Music

SandraVB79
02-20-2006, 01:25 AM
Do they sell the music from Soarin' on CD?

geoffa
02-20-2006, 01:50 AM

It's on a CD called "Music from Disney's California Adventure"

See:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005HZCU/sr=8-4/qid=1140432271/ref=sr_1_4/103-5100388-4353420?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Although I bought mine at the park and it has a different cover and cost about $18 !:)

p.s. See your email

SandraVB79
02-20-2006, 05:53 AM
I have a DCA-CD, with another cover as the one on Amazon though,... I bought it in 2002... I can't remember the song being on the CD, maybe I should check it out first!!!

PS: thanks for the email-offer, I will first check out the CD I have!

Tinkermommy
02-20-2006, 07:34 AM
It's also on disc two of the two-disc 50th set. It's right after "Remember." I suspect that part of our CD is nearly worn, because we listen to those two songs over and over...

That is a wonderful set. It has nearly everything on it!

Opus1guy
02-20-2006, 09:41 AM
As much as I already loved the famed composer Jerry Goldsmith's score for Soarin'...I love it all the more after I read this excerpt from his web site:

As a side note to this release Jerry Goldsmith was said to have come down from the ride for the first time in tears. The makers feared something terrible had happened. "No, everything was fine," Goldsmith said. He then went on to explain that he had two loves in his life: Music and flying. In fact, some of his favourite memories as a child was flying gliders with his Dad down among the dunes where LAX was eventually built. Jerry, as it turns out, had been weeping because he was happy. He thought that the "Soarin' Over California" ride film was beautiful, magical. "I'd do anything to be part of this project," Goldsmith continues, "I'd even score the film for free."

Rest In Peace...Jerry. 'Ya done good.

SandraVB79
02-20-2006, 10:18 AM
With this I declare myself as a complete fool, since my DCA-CD has the Soarin' song!

I don't have the 2CD-set, since I bought the 6-CD set, so I don't know the Remember-song :(

Tinkermommy
02-20-2006, 07:33 PM
I don't know the Remember-song :(

Ah, it's a wonderful song! They play it at the end of the fireworks show. It's actually called "Remember When," and it's the theme song for the 50th anniversary. Leann Rimes sings it. It makes me cry every time...

SandraVB79
02-20-2006, 11:48 PM
I think tonight someone will browse Kazaa for Remember when :rolleyes:

geoffa
02-28-2006, 03:13 AM
For all Soarin fans see this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7300340135687288647

Mickeymac
02-28-2006, 04:25 AM
Rest In Peace...Jerry. 'Ya done good.

Darn it Opus, now you made me make my tea all salty. Thank you for sharing that. The music is just spectacular, and that is one ride I don't think I will ever tire of.

Can I ask if Soarin' has the wait times in California that it does in Florida? I'm planning on Epcot's EMH this Friday so I can ride it until they close the park on me.

Thanks Geoffa, great link!! :D

geoffa
02-28-2006, 04:45 AM
Darn it Opus, now you made me make my tea all salty. Thank you for sharing that. The music is just spectacular, and that is one ride I don't think I will ever tire of.

Can I ask if Soarin' has the wait times in California that it does in Florida? I'm planning on Epcot's EMH this Friday so I can ride it until they close the park on me.

Thanks Geoffa, great link!! :D

Just add an electric fan and an orange blossom room freshener.......shame I can't get my armchair to move!:geek:

More seriously see:
http://allearsnet.com/tp/ep/e_soar.htm