PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me straighten out my details?

Pages : [1] 2

CariBelle
02-19-2006, 10:11 PM
-If DL opens at 8AM on a Sunday, what time should I actually get to the front gate? (I want to be there for the rope drop!)

-If we enter onto Main Street before 8 will City Hall be open? (I want to get my birthday sticker! haha)

-Does DCA do a birthday sticker as well? If so, where can I get one? (DIrections will be gladly accepted! This is my first trip to DCA)

bassett1976
02-19-2006, 10:25 PM
If DL opens at 8 am they might not do a rope drop. You'll have to wait at the front gates with the rest of the people. I would suggest 7:30 am to 7:45 am to be there at opening. I think DCA gives the BDay stickers but it's the same as the one from City Hall. I would try the information booth just past the Golden Gate Bridge on the right hand side by Engine Ears.

TowerofTerror
02-19-2006, 11:55 PM
Nope rope drop. The only Time they do a rope drop is when it opens at 9am. They let you a half hour early and you line up down to the end of main street.

Stupid_American
02-20-2006, 05:54 AM
At DCA, you can pick up a birthday sticker at guest relations, just to the left, after you enter through the turnstiles.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-20-2006, 06:41 AM
Nope rope drop. The only Time they do a rope drop is when it opens at 9am. They let you a half hour early and you line up down to the end of main street.
So no rope drop at 10am openings either? Do they still open the gates 30 mins. before opening when they open at 10am? Two of the days on our upcoming trip they open at 10am.
I haven't been to the park at opening in a while. With the kids we always eat and stroll in there after 8am. But on our first day, I want to take my 4yo to eat at RiverBelle.

CariBelle
02-20-2006, 08:10 AM
Thanks everyone!

kohl
02-20-2006, 08:41 AM
I believe the only time they DON'T do the rope drop is when they open at 8am. If the park opens at 9 or 10am, they open main street a half an hour early to shop. Then they do rope drop.

Squeaky
02-20-2006, 10:16 AM
I always get my birthday sticker at the information booth just inside bag check, outside the park. It's a little easier than standing in line at City Hall, and then the ticket takers sing to you too! :D

CariBelle
02-20-2006, 10:25 AM
Oh that's a good tip Squeaky! I was kinda worried about wasting time at City Hall getting a sticker. I want to make sure we grab FPs for Space Mountain first thing and then make a quick break for FL (I've missed the FL rides my last two trips and I don't want that to happen again!). So I can just to go the info booth and request a birthday sticker?

Wesley815
02-20-2006, 10:26 AM
I always thought it was odd and self-centered when I see adults leaning forward, or moving their jacket out of the way to "show off" their birthday sticker by shoving it in the CM's face (followed by waiting for them to say Happy Birthday). I understand kids being excited, but it's funny watching the adults just trying to get attention.

It doesn't take talent to have a birthday, as far as I know everyone in the human race has one. And no, I'm not directing this towards you CariBelle... just a general comment I'm saying based on "people watching" in the park.
So I can just to go the info booth and request a birthday sticker?Just make sure to bring two forms of ID, be ready for a drug test, and an application fee of $50. They'll have your sticker ready in about 2 weeks if the background check is ok. :p hehe j/k of course... Yep, all ya gotta do is ask and you'll get one! :D

CariBelle
02-20-2006, 10:31 AM
Nice edit Wesley.

Wesley815
02-20-2006, 10:37 AM
Nice edit Wesley.lol thanks :fez:

Hope you have a great birthday! Be sure to stop by the Mission Tortilla Factory at DCA for a little extra treat because of your birthday. :)

CariBelle
02-20-2006, 10:41 AM
and I'm glad you did because the modpolice probably would have given me a warning for what I was about to say! haha

But thanks :D

pisces
02-20-2006, 11:12 AM
I always thought it was odd and self-centered when I see adults leaning forward, or moving their jacket out of the way to "show off" their birthday sticker by shoving it in the CM's face (followed by waiting for them to say Happy Birthday). I understand kids being excited, but it's funny watching the adults just trying to get attention.

It doesn't take talent to have a birthday, as far as I know everyone in the human race has one. And no, I'm not directing this towards you CariBelle... just a general comment I'm saying based on "people watching" in the park.Just make sure to bring two forms of ID, be ready for a drug test, and an application fee of $50. They'll have your sticker ready in about 2 weeks if the background check is ok. :p hehe j/k of course... Yep, all ya gotta do is ask and you'll get one! :D

Personally, I like Birthdays.

Wesley815
02-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Personally, I like Birthdays.I do to... I guess I'm just happy enough with myself so I don't need to point it out to everyone when my birthday is, lol

pisces
02-20-2006, 11:39 AM
I do to... I guess I'm just happy enough with myself so I don't need to point it out to everyone when my birthday is, lol

:eek:

Duchess mermaid
02-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Personally i've always liked to celebrate other peoples birthdays more then my own. I always get depressed on my birthday. and I'm only 22. I love my husbands birthday the best. I get to plan everything and buy him lots of stuff.
But i wouldn't want to have everyone in disneyland wishing me happy birthday.

JookyG
02-20-2006, 11:59 AM
I understand kids being excited, but it's funny watching the adults just trying to get attention.

You don't have to be young to be a kid. I personally don't like the attention for attention's sake (especially singing in restaurants--gah!), but if there's special treatment or a special prize involved, heck yeah! And I certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone who does like the attention. It's your own personal holiday, after all. Everyone in the world may get one, but it's way more special than any other holiday, even Christmas, because only 1 in 365 people get it on that particular day.

What other birthday surprises does the sticker get you in the parks? This is not for me, mind you. I'm taking my sweetie to DL as a birthday surprise and want to pull out all the embarassing stops :)

CariBelle
02-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Jooky- check out this link http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html I found it very helpfull! Also, if you go to the MousePlanet homepage and search for "Disneyland Birthday" you'll find several articles that outline birthday privledges. I also plan to use my birthdayness for all it's worth, so I can provide a run down when I get back!

CariBelle
02-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Oh, one more question (even though I'm pretty sure the answer is no) Is the birthdya bucket available at the Blue Bayou?

bassett1976
02-20-2006, 12:26 PM
I want to make sure we grab FPs for Space Mountain first thing and then make a quick break for FL (I've missed the FL rides my last two trips and I don't want that to happen again!).

If you want to ride Peter without a 45+ minute waite then you need to go in right as the park opens. My wife and I have walked onto Peter with only a small waite but then you look behind and notice the line becomes at least 30 minutes very fast. Fun ride but not something I want to wait for 45+ minutes for, it's not that good...

CariBelle
02-20-2006, 12:29 PM
True. Maybe one of us can run for FPs while the other heads to FL. The FL rides really are my favorites, but my boyfriend doesn't like to wait an hour for such a short ride.

bassett1976
02-20-2006, 12:43 PM
True. Maybe one of us can run for FPs while the other heads to FL. The FL rides really are my favorites, but my boyfriend doesn't like to wait an hour for such a short ride.

If you can get into line for Peter first you can almost do all of the FL rides within an hour. Just takes a little planning.

CariBelle
02-20-2006, 12:48 PM
What do you suggest for a ride order? :fez:

GrumpyUTboi
02-20-2006, 01:09 PM
My DW got a b-day sticker and put it on my jacket and I couldn't figure out how the employees knew it was my b-day. It wasn't until I used the bathroom and saw the sticker. I forgot to take it off that day and the next day people were saying happy b-day to me. At that point I took the sticker off and put it in my pocket.

I really didn't like the Pat E. Cake celebration this time around. There were so many people celebrating their b-days that he didn't have a chance to wish my DD and DW happy b-day. December is such a money drain, 3 b-days and Christmas.