PDA

View Full Version : What to put in a DLR "goodie bag?"

nvmom
02-19-2006, 07:26 AM
We are 10 days out from our second ever trip to the DLR. It will be dh & I and four children. Our dds ages 11.5 & 8.5, our son 3.5 and our niece age 13. We're staying at the Park Inn... so of course no chance for any fun vacation planning gift/goodie baskets, etc.

So, I was thinking maybe I could make up a little goodie bag for each child prior to leaving and perhaps give it to them on the plane. Just looking for simple ideas. For example, I saw some cute Mickey notepads at our Dollar Store yesterday. I also thought I could buy some glow necklaces & braclets and put those in for the park after dark?

Other ideas?? Practical or just fun? Thanks!

nvmom

MammaSilva
02-19-2006, 07:28 AM
note pads are great, the glow necklaces are REALLY a great idea, when we would take larger groups I always bought them in bulk in advance and took them with us, mega savings! Some inexpensive sunglasses, a couple pens for their autograph books maybe? If you're traveling, a couple activity books age appropriate of course. I don't think I'd include candy but that's just me.

prncsmsj
02-19-2006, 07:42 AM
If you do decide to go with a little candy, I have seen lots of Disney pez dispensers around lately at Target, Wal-Mart, and a dollar store. They had the Fab 5, plus Nemo, Chicken Little, Buzz, and more.

cfrith
02-19-2006, 08:00 AM
Our kids are 4 and 7 and we will surprising them with this trip. When we wake them up that morning and tell them we'll then give them the Castle Tote Bag (on another thread) with a couple Disney Ultimate Stickerbooks (Barnes and Noble has them), they have tons of versions- Princesses, Toy Story, Villians, Incredibles, Pooh, look at this site:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=ultimate+sticker+disney&userid=I01MNO5Dh9&cds2Pid=9481

Half of the book is stickers and the other half has all the shadows and trivia next to it so it takes them a bit to put all the stickers on the correct shadow. They are great! We'll also put this Minnie in the Castle bag:

http://laughingplacestore.com/Product-5956.asp

and a disposable camera, some disney fruit snacks, disney pen/pencil and paper. Also a couple Disney coloring books as my kids still enjoy coloring. I can't wait!!! :)

cfrith
02-19-2006, 08:10 AM
Also, I found this great site:

http://www.themouseforless.com/downloads/kids/journal.shtml

it has a kids Disney vacation journal. I will be re-typing it without the characters they used, printing on scrapbook paper and putting Disney scrapbook stickers on the pages. Then I'll slip the pages in a binder with the clear protectors so my 7 yo can pull them out and fill them in while we're on the trip. Then when we get home I'll take them out of the binder and stick them into her Disney scrapbook album. I'm sure if I had her do it when we got home she will have forgotten some of the daily things.

Tinkermommy
02-19-2006, 10:03 AM
A friend who went to Disney World a few months ago gave each of her kids a Disney photo album that was spiral bound and was roughly 4 by 6.

Instead of having them write in an actual journal, she gave them a stack of index cards and, each day, had them write their favorite memory of the previous day. If they "messed up" a card, they tossed it and got a fresh one. When they were satisfied with each day's card, they could slip it into one of the clear plastic photo holders. They placed the cards only in the bottom photo slots.

When they got home, they picked their favorite photos that most related to each day's card, and slipped that photo above the card. They decorated the index cards with Disney scrapbook stickers. The albums turned out to be very cute, and a wonderful "snapshot" of them at their current ages.

MouseWife
02-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Oh Tinkermommy, that is a great idea! No messing up the pages!

I agree with pretty much everything here; pens, paper, coloring books, etc.

How about a lipbalm? With sunscreen? A hat/cap? {buy one at the park and they are about $20., or at least the ones we've bought lately are...}
A deck of cards? This is priceless. I played so many games with my son on our recent road trip.

Always a camera of their own. Even for the wee ones. Lets them feel included and it is really interesting to see what types of pictures they take. ;0)

Maybe some ponytail holders for the girlies? We've had fun with temporary tattoos.

How about t-shirts that match?

Do they have little backpacks? One thing I appreciated was them having their own.

Does gum help on planes?

Have fun!

Shinku
02-19-2006, 01:52 PM
At the dollar store near me they had those big (I think Bic brand, actually) pens in two or three packs with Disney characters on them, perfect size for getting autographs from characters.

I really like the disposable camera idea. I try and do this for my nieces whenever we go to Disneyland and it's fun to see what pictures they take or what they thought was the most interesting thing we saw.

There are princess Pez dispensers floating around too: Belle, Cinderella and Jasmine, to be exact (I had to have all three :D)

Is there a budget for Disney Dollars maybe? You could give them each like $5 in disney dollars and say that it's for a sweet treat after dinner or something, that could be fun and still not break the bank.

Maybe you could give them each something special and age appropriate. The 13 yo, for example, might like a new lipgloss from Sephora, while the 8 and 11 year olds might like a new outfit from Build-A-Bear or an accessory from Libby Lu, and the 3 year old might enjoy a special something from the Lego store (I'm not sure if that one is old enough for legos, but you get my drift). That way it's "fair" to everyone without being too "baby" for the older one and too "big kid" for the younger one.

I like the glow sticks ideas too!

What about autograph books? You could easilly get small spiral-bound notebooks (or even spiral bound index cards if you're thinking of doing what Tinkermommy suggested, great idea!) and stickers (there's some CUTE scrapbooking disney stickers now) and let each kid create their own autograph book while on the plane.