PDA

View Full Version : How do you carry your money at the DLR?

Pages : [1] 2 3

nvmom
02-19-2006, 07:17 AM
We're backpack carrying people (a pretty good sized one) so last trip we put my wallet in the backpack and dh carried his wallet in his front cargo pocket. "If" we ever left our backpack on our stroller (rare) I of course took my wallet w/me. I don't want to deal w/any kind of a seperate purse. Not in addition to our backpack & 4 children! :)

I was thinking maybe we'd be wiser to just get a lanyard w/the clear pocket kind of thing (not sure where you get those?) and just put our IDs, tickets, hotel keys, even some cash and we could both wear one of those?

Speaking of cash... do any of you trade a significant amount of cash for Disney dollars? If so, where in the park do you do that?

So, how do you carry your money while at the DLR? Thanks!

nvmom

junglemom
02-19-2006, 07:23 AM
I carry a camera case diagonally across my shoulder/body. It has a front zipper slot that I keep my id.., debit, fastpasses and ap's in. My husband carries the cash in his wallet. If I need to split from ,I get enough cash for emergency churro stops:p and just keep that in my pocket.

cfrith
02-19-2006, 07:27 AM
What do you do with the backpack on the rides?

minniemom
02-19-2006, 07:28 AM
I don't take my wallet. I think it is easier for my husband to carry his, so I put my AP and ID in there. It is nice not to worry about it.

nvmom
02-19-2006, 07:33 AM
We took the backpack on all the rides. Keep in mind we didn't go any of the really big rides... Screamin', TOT, etc. But, even if we had, not all of our kids meet height requirements so either dh or I would've been waiting (and keeping the backpack) anyway.

nvmom

cfrith
02-19-2006, 07:37 AM
This year will be our first being able to go on some of the bigger rides as our dd4 will be 40 inches. So now I have no idea what to do with our stuff. We usually can take our backpack with our valuables: video camera, camera, and autograph books on the smaller rides but the fast buckled up ones they might not fit. Maybe not bring the video camera into the park all the time?

MammaSilva
02-19-2006, 07:45 AM
This year will be our first being able to go on some of the bigger rides as our dd4 will be 40 inches. So now I have no idea what to do with our stuff. We usually can take our backpack with our valuables: video camera, camera, and autograph books on the smaller rides but the fast buckled up ones they might not fit. Maybe not bring the video camera into the park all the time?

Another option is to rent a locker, you have in/out priveleges all day long, there used to be 2 locations in Disneyland, right on main street (this one is for sure) and there were (I might be wrong on these it's been a LONG time since we needed a locker over there) but there used to be lockers up by the bathrooms near the fantasyland theater, I'm sure one of the other padders can confirm if they are there or gone. You can plan your 'route' for the bigger rides you might not be able to carry everything on and store stuff in a locker during those times. Just another option.

pixleyyy
02-19-2006, 07:50 AM
My husband and I both wear fanny packs. We're able to keep our money in there as well as our camera, hand sanitizer, bandaids, cell phone, etc.

millionairegirl
02-19-2006, 07:58 AM
I just carry a purse. It doesn't encumber me in anyway, and it's much lighter than a backpack.

prncsmsj
02-19-2006, 07:59 AM
I bought a Tinkerbell purse at Wal-Mart last time and carried it around with me. I thought it might be a pain, but I like having things with me - lotion, kleenex, excedrin, sunblock, waterbottle, plus camera and phone. I actually found it was not bothersome at all. I took it on every ride and didn't have any problems. I just had to hold on to it tight on Tower of Terror. :)

T-RAT
02-19-2006, 08:03 AM
My DH takes a backpack, and I have a small backpack purse. The kids wear fanny packs. We've taken the backpack on every ride, including TOT and Screaming. My DH puts the backpack between his legs on most rides, and puts the strap around one leg on the rougher rides. We do not take our video camera into the park every day, but instead pick one day to do most of our viedo taping. Sometimes we put our bags in the lockers at GRR at DCA to keep it dry during our ride.

hlbtimes2
02-19-2006, 08:03 AM
I have a small camera bag. I use one of the pockets in it for money, id, etc. One or two days of our last trip I used two clear pockets on my lanyard. One for for all the FP's and park tickets and the other for my money and ID. That way I wasnt worried about dropping something important when I was getting FP out for everyone. I will probably do that again on our next trip.

geoffa
02-19-2006, 08:28 AM
Speaking of cash... do any of you trade a significant amount of cash for Disney dollars? If so, where in the park do you do that?

nvmom

And to answer part of your original question:

Disney Dollars are available in various denominations including $1, $5, and $10, and can be purchased from any main entrance ticket booth, from the Main Street Bank in Disneyland, from City Hall, or from various hotels. They are also often included in small quantities "free" as an incentive in some selected vacation packages.

They can be used within the theme park exactly the same as normal cash, and are accepted at all Disney operated hotels, and at all shops and restaurants within thevarious theme parks. They can be exchanged for real currency at any time.

You can also buy them at any Disney store.:)

Hakuna Makarla
02-19-2006, 08:39 AM
My DH takes a backpack, and I have a small backpack purse. The kids wear fanny packs. We've taken the backpack on every ride, including TOT and Screaming. My DH puts the backpack between his legs on most rides, and puts the strap around one leg on the rougher rides. We do not take our video camera into the park every day, but instead pick one day to do most of our viedo taping. Sometimes we put our bags in the lockers at GRR at DCA to keep it dry during our ride.

thats what I do, I carry my small back pack on the rides to. its safe and I know all my stuff is with me. I did get this from mouse shop here though, for my passes and cards, I hated to look thru my back pack for them so now i have them safe and easy acess :)

[img removed see edit note]

for any one looking for a safe alternative to holding passes and or money I would recomend these.
there waterproof to!!

Opus1guy
02-19-2006, 09:15 AM
How do you carry your money at the DLR?

I don't concern myself with how I carry money at the Disneyland Resort.

It's gone soon enough, no matter where I put it.

;)

adriennek
02-19-2006, 09:25 AM
My husband and I have lanyard wallets (http://www.mouseshoppe.com/product.cfm?ProductID=2574) that we bought from MouseShoppe (excellent customer service.) They lock so they're more secure than the type I've seen with a ziplock type closing. They're waterproof. And they're big enough that I can hold my AP, my sons' APs, fastpasses and a credit card. I've also carried cash in them at times, business cards, and hotel keys.

We have different colors so we can tell on sight whose is whose.

Adrienne

MissKIA
02-19-2006, 09:50 AM
Are these lanyard wallets secure? How possible would it be for someone to walk by and yank it off? They sound great, but I would be concerned about that.

Hakuna Makarla
02-19-2006, 10:01 AM
Are these lanyard wallets secure? How possible would it be for someone to walk by and yank it off? They sound great, but I would be concerned about that.

see my post above with picture, they work great, and I am sure very secure. if they yank it off, you are really going to feel it ouch! I rate them as awsome., and I got one for my daughter to!

oh and in the pic they look like soft plastic, they are not they are hard plastic and are awsome! waterproof, have a lock down on them and well try one they are really inexpensive and I got mine in 3 days!!!

Minnie66
02-19-2006, 10:22 AM
dh carries it in his front pants pocket.....not so easy for pick pocketers to find.....I just mouch as needed

cfrith
02-19-2006, 10:22 AM
thats what I do, I carry my small back pack on the rides to. its safe and I know all my stuff is with me. I did get this from mouse shop here though, for my passes and cards, I hated to look thru my back pack for them so now i have them safe and easy acess :)
[IMG removed]
for any one looking for a safe alternative to holding passes and or money I would recomend these.
there waterproof to!!

Where did you get those? And where do they go- around neck?

Hakuna Makarla
02-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Where did you get those? And where do they go- around neck?

I got them here
http://www.mouseshoppe.com/product.cfm?ProductID=2574

and they go round the neck, or as in my case will go into my pack. I like the fact I can have easy access to my passes and fast passes, my drivers licence and or credit cards.

crrees
02-19-2006, 10:34 AM
We're backpack carrying people (a pretty good sized one) so last trip we put my wallet in the backpack and dh carried his wallet in his front cargo pocket.

I was thinking maybe we'd be wiser to just get a lanyard w/the clear pocket kind of thing (not sure where you get those?) and just put our IDs, tickets, hotel keys, even some cash and we could both wear one of those?

nvmom

I never carry a backpack to WDW (thats where i live) and seeing that you have four children im sure its hard not to have one.

So whenever I go I basically carry my girlfriend and my belongings (my wallet which includes IDS - credit/atm cards - ID- passes, etc), cell phone, and a bottle of water in my cargo pocket if i have one.

But the next time I go I plan on finding something so i dont have to go digging in my pockets whenever I need something (I have big hands and its a real pain in the butt). Id rather have a fanny pack but due to the fasion police in the area...they are strickly prohibited and i think its a felony in 48 of the 50 states..its only a misdeamenor in hawaii and alaska.

So im going to have to find something easily accessible that is subtle/hidden but useful to hold a few items

adriennek
02-19-2006, 10:40 AM

They'd have to get pretty close to you to yank it off. If you're concerned, you could drop it inside your shirt or jacket. I've had mine for a few years and I always take it with me to the parks. With Fastpass or needing to whip out my AP for entries, purchases, etc, it makes it much harder for me to stick my AP in a pocket and misplace it. :eek: Our APs are ALWAYS in my lanyard wallet.

I used to lose my AP at least once a year. I haven't lost it in a long time (knock wood) since I got mine, actually.

Adrienne

Hakuna Makarla
02-19-2006, 10:43 AM
I never carry a backpack to WDW (thats where i live) and seeing that you have four children im sure its hard not to have one.

So whenever I go I basically carry my girlfriend and my belongings (my wallet which includes IDS - credit/atm cards - ID- passes, etc), cell phone, and a bottle of water in my cargo pocket if i have one.

But the next time I go I plan on finding something so i dont have to go digging in my pockets whenever I need something (I have big hands and its a real pain in the butt). Id rather have a fanny pack but due to the fasion police in the area...they are strickly prohibited and i think its a felony in 48 of the 50 states..its only a misdeamenor in hawaii and alaska.

So im going to have to find something easily accessible that is subtle/hidden but useful to hold a few items

pssst))))) do not worry bout fashion, you are there to have fun and who cares what people thing, if you want to do a fanny pack wear one, I did my first trip and if I did not have such a big belly now I would do it again. go, have fun and wear your fanny pack, I see more people wearing them some times. Have a great time!

TowerofTerror
02-19-2006, 11:14 AM
In my front pocket or I wear a fanny pack.