PDA

View Full Version : Kids meals at DL...

annieb727
02-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Just wondering if it's ok to purchase kids meals for adults at DL? I will be going by myself and will probably want to eat kids meals instead of regular size meals (when I go with dh, we generally get one meal to share). Are they going to question me and possibly tell me I can't get a kids meal? I know some places have age requirements to get kids meals...

It seems that DL wouldn't care - nor would they question it...

Thanks!

Niwel
02-18-2006, 10:41 PM
It's easier at non-sitdown locations. They won't question you, many parents order for their kids -- and we are all big kids at heart. :)

hlbtimes2
02-19-2006, 06:52 AM
Like Niwel, said, the walk up type places arent going to question you. They might not let you order it at a sit down meal. I ordered a kids meal at hungry bear for myself, not a problem. The bigger problem you'll probably have is finding things you are willing to eat- unless you really love chicken nuggets!

Edit: The kids meal at Pizza port is pretty good. You can get cheese ravioli with a creamy white sauce, comes with a small drink and bread (breadstick?).

annieb727
02-19-2006, 01:56 PM
the place i would most likely get the kids meal is from the Plaza Inn - they have that great pasta with Alfredo sauce -- but how in the world do you eat that WHOLE HUGE bowl of it...the kids size would work PERFECTLY.

thanks for the tip about the Pizza Port...I'll have to try that too...

i think I'll mainly be snacking on stuff -- fruit, or soup, or something...but that pasta is so great!! and once in a while chicken nuggets might be good (ok...well maybe if I'm really missing my boys :p )

Minnie66
02-19-2006, 02:25 PM
the place i would most likely get the kids meal is from the Plaza Inn - they have that great pasta with Alfredo sauce -- but how in the world do you eat that WHOLE HUGE bowl of it...the kids size would work PERFECTLY.

I actually did this on our last trip. Now in fairness, we had kids with us but they were sharing meals with the other adults but I asked the guy and he was fine with it. Everyone except DH and my dad usually either split meals or order kids meals and have never had any problems, unless like they said, it was someplace like Goofy's or Storytellers and then of course you can understand that that wouldn't be appropriate. I have done Weight Watchers for a couple of years now and this is a big thing they tell you to do. Kids meals are usually the correct portion that we should all be eating......too much with the regular meals.

Nancy
02-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Just wondering if it's ok to purchase kids meals for adults at DL? I will be going by myself and will probably want to eat kids meals instead of regular size meals (when I go with dh, we generally get one meal to share). Are they going to question me and possibly tell me I can't get a kids meal? I know some places have age requirements to get kids meals...

It seems that DL wouldn't care - nor would they question it...

Thanks!

I would go to where ever you want to eat and ask a CM if there would be a problem with you ordering a kids meal. The worst that could happen would be they would say you can't. Oh well.

Alex S.
02-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Won't be a problem at all at Plaza Inn (Lani does it all the time).

MammaSilva
02-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Nor at the French Market, I did it the last meal we ate there, I was just in the mood for mac & cheese...and the portion was perfect.

Stupid_American
02-19-2006, 05:18 PM
You'll also find that the McDonalds, across the street, will also sell you a happy meal!

socaltexan02
02-19-2006, 06:17 PM
I've ordered a Kid's Meal at the Carnation Cafe a couple of times...the waitress knew it was for me and didn't say anything.

SeansMom
02-19-2006, 06:30 PM
It seems to be the kids meal at Whitewater snacks was pretty good. They also had a few selections that were small enough that I was leaving half a plate of food behind. Plus, they have single items there, like fruit plates, yogurt and such.

ILoveChurros
02-19-2006, 09:24 PM
I just ordered a kids meal at Whitewater Snacks today. I got the Chicken Tenders and the meal was more than I could finish...the cast members didn't care that I ate a kids meal, plus you can choose between carrots or french fries and soda or milk and juice if you want to stay a little bit healthier.

Niwel
02-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Won't be a problem at all at Plaza Inn (Lani does it all the time).

I do it too -- I love their chicken dinner w/biscuit, applesauce and drink (and fun straw). :)

disneyochem
02-21-2006, 12:05 PM
And I have even got a kid's meal at Storyteller's Cafe. I never ask at walk-up places but always do at sit down. My experience has been that as long as I'm not getting the buffet or all-you-can-eat option, I have been allowed to order off the kid's meal (with or without my kids present). LOL, I always have a glass of wine with my meal, so it is kind of funny when I buy a kid's meal and a glass of merlot!

rentayenta
02-21-2006, 12:31 PM
I do it too -- I love their chicken dinner w/biscuit, applesauce and drink (and fun straw). :)

You and your fun straws. ;)

I have ordered kids' meals from the places in DTD too and have never had a problem. The kid's pizza at Naples is HUGE.