PDA

View Full Version : Autograph Scrapbook

cfrith
02-18-2006, 07:21 PM
When we went last time (2004) we took two 5x7 scrapbook albums for our dd's to get autographs in. They are a bit bulkier than the autograph books they sell at DLR. I kept them in a bag on the back of our stroller and it got to be a pain digging them out as fast as possible when we spotted a character. But it was well worth it with how great they turned out. For this trip I'm trying to figure out an easier way. I don't want the one's from the park as I like to use the "photo safe" paper that I have, but I don't want to lug those thick books around. THis year we will be able to go on more rides as the kids are older so I'm also worried about leaving our stuff in the stroller. I obviously won't leave valuables, but would you leave the autograph books in your food bag in the stroller? Also, what do you do with your camera on the rides??? and video camera? I'm used to having a toddler that can't go on the big rides! :confused:

MammaSilva
02-18-2006, 07:30 PM
I love the Creative Memories 7x7 album with the cranberry cover and Mickey icon ...I'd link you but for some reason the CM site seems to be down. Yes dragging the books along can be a real pain in the tush but my daughter LOVES getting the autographs. I'd keep each book in a small tote hanging off the stroller for quick access (my daughter uses a wheelchair so I have hers hanging off one of her handles for quick access) and I never worry about leaving her book in/with her chair when she's on an attraction. Cameras always go with me on anything, along with any other 'valuables' but I've left our tote with her extra clothes and snacks hanging off the back of her wheelchair often with no problems at all.

pooh0200
02-18-2006, 10:25 PM
I am the same way as you so I took just plain cardstock paper that I use to scapbook and cut it to 5x6 then hole punched the top and put rings in them. Then I made a cute little cover that says Disney Friends '06. I also have a back up book with extra paper so my main one doesn't have to be too bulky. Hope that helps let me know if you need any help.

Leslie

ChipmunkStar
02-18-2006, 11:33 PM
I've seen Parents just bring in larger pieces of scrapbook paper in a plastic bag and a piece of cardboard. Just ask each character to sign a piece of paper, and then when you get home you can add them all to your scrapbook later, along with the pictures of the characters.

cfrith
02-19-2006, 07:19 AM
I love the Creative Memories 7x7 album with the cranberry cover and Mickey icon .

Actually, this is the one we used last time! I forgot it was 7x7. Yes- I love that one! Trying to decide if we should use a different one this year instead of another one like that. I use 99% Creative Memories when I scrapbook. I wish CM had a Gold album (for the 50th)!

nvmom
02-19-2006, 07:22 AM
We did 4x6 (or 3.5 x 5) index cards. They easily fit into a pocket of our stroller. We carried a large Sharpie (although I've since read here that Sharpies aren't always the best choice.) The characters signed the cards and then when we got back to the hotel we slipped them into the pocket of a mini-photo album. I'd previously decorated the covers of these books (kinda scrapbook style) for our kids. Once home, we then slipped a photo of the character into the opposite sleeve. Worked great... very reasonable price too.

nvmom

MammaSilva
02-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Actually, this is the one we used last time! I forgot it was 7x7. Yes- I love that one! Trying to decide if we should use a different one this year instead of another one like that. I use 99% Creative Memories when I scrapbook. I wish CM had a Gold album (for the 50th)!

You can do what I'm doing for our big trip, I'm getting one of the new black 7x7 and then having it embossed with gold foil!!!!!! The great thing about these is the fact we can just take the pages if we don't want to take the whole album or we can take the album apart and add pages or rearrange autographs to make the album flow the way we want! I have a couple of the mickey Icon ones and love it but for the 50th I wanted something a little 'more' and since Miss B managed to fill her existing scrapbook on our last visit, I have plenty of pages handy to just take along and have done this time for her next one.

cfrith
02-19-2006, 07:25 AM
For those of you that just used paper, was it hard for the characters not having something hard to hold/write on? Did the paper get damaged at all from not having protection? Can you tell I'm a perfectionist about this stuff?!

cfrith
02-19-2006, 07:26 AM
You can do what I'm doing for our big trip, I'm getting one of the new black 7x7 and then having it embossed with gold foil!!!!!! The great thing about these is the fact we can just take the pages if we don't want to take the whole album or we can take the album apart and add pages or rearrange autographs to make the album flow the way we want! I have a couple of the mickey Icon ones and love it but for the 50th I wanted something a little 'more' and since Miss B managed to fill her existing scrapbook on our last visit, I have plenty of pages handy to just take along and have done this time for her next one.

Great idea! Thanks!

nvmom
02-19-2006, 07:29 AM
Well, when using the index cards, we didn't have any trouble w/damage. But, I am not a perfectionist :) As for the characters having trouble signing... a little bit. This trip we're taking a mini-clip board. My dd has a red one that's perfect size. I think it will work great.

nvmom

cfrith
02-19-2006, 07:33 AM
This trip we're taking a mini-clip board. My dd has a red one that's perfect size. I think it will work great.

nvmom

That's a good idea too- thanks!

Wesley815
02-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Also, try to always give the characters enough room to sign... The *tiny* space below the pciture holder in some autograph books is not the best, and normally can cause the signatures to look bad anyways.

Do NOT leave anything you care about in a stroller unattended (including small children) ;)! Items you bring will get stollen, maybe not the first time, maybe not the second... but when you least expect it it'll be gone. Kinda like leaving your car unlocked, yes someone might not break in the first time you do it, but eventually stuff will be gone and you'll be upset.