PDA

View Full Version : Lodging question: hotels without rubber sheets

JookyG
02-18-2006, 11:05 AM
I HATE the rubber sheets they put on the beds at the Tropicana, but I imagine this is pretty common in lodging around Disneyland, with all the bedwetting kids. They make for a sweaty, squeaky, uncomfortable night, and they're a real pain to remove from the mattresses.

Does anyone know of hotels around DLR that DON'T use rubber sheets? What about the on-property DLR hotels?

Thanks!

MammaSilva
02-18-2006, 11:11 AM
I think every hotel we've stayed at had some type of matress cover, you can deal with it very easily, simply unmake the bed, pull the cover off, remake the bed then use the 'don't bother to change the sheets cards that the local hotels offer, I mean really, how often do you change your sheets at home? Every day? I sure don't...so if the 'plastic/rubber' covers really impact your sleep they are easily dealt with, then on your last day you simply strip your bed and leave all the bedding 'on the bed' the housekeeping staff will remake the beds with fresh linens and off they go.

hlbtimes2
02-18-2006, 11:55 AM
I know that the PP does not have plastic covers on the bed. I dont recall the Fairfield having them in 2003. I'll be able to report about the candy cane inn, i a couple weeks.

Opus1guy
02-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Does anyone know of hotels around DLR that DON'T use rubber sheets?

One of the absolute best beds around Disneyland is at the Sheraton Anaheim (http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/starpoints/hotel_detail.html?propertyID=995), which is right behind Disneyland and features a nice walk to the Resort or it's own shuttle bus service.

They have the wonderful Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds. For details on the bedding, see:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/promotions/promo_landing.html?category=sweet_sleeper

No rubber sheets there! :)

JookyG
02-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the replies! PP is on my list, so a few extra $$ would be worth a good night's sleep. I just can't sleep well on those things, even after a whole day walking around DL :)

Minnie66
02-18-2006, 03:51 PM
DLH does not, Hilton does not and Residence Inn does not. Sorry that's all I know of.

cfrith
02-18-2006, 06:49 PM
on a slightly different note, are the beds comfy at DLH? Thanks!

cfrith
02-18-2006, 06:51 PM
JookyG...is that you in your avatar? Everytime I see you I think "that looks like really fun person to be around"!!!

stan4d_steph
02-18-2006, 07:01 PM
I liked the bed at Park Inn. I had a king room. Maybe the rooms without multiple beds would be better?

T-RAT
02-19-2006, 08:14 AM
When we stayed at the Park Inn late November, both rooms had plastic on the beds. One room was a king room and one was two queens. They were horrible! Other people seem to have gotten rooms without plastic, so you might be able to request that. The DLH has great beds, no plastic. We've stayed at the Del Sol three different times, and the only time we had plastic was when we were put in the Handicapped accessible room. The other two times we had great beds there.

Wendi
02-19-2006, 09:06 AM
on a slightly different note, are the beds comfy at DLH? Thanks!

Not at all as comfortable as GCH, but not horrible either. They're a bit too squishy IMO, I like a high quality firm mattress. You really sink down into them when sitting, but laying down with your weight distributed they're OK.

Minnie66
02-19-2006, 10:24 AM
yes, for a hotel.

JookyG
02-21-2006, 01:08 PM
JookyG...is that you in your avatar? Everytime I see you I think "that looks like really fun person to be around"!!!

LOL! Yep, that's me. Just a big kid at heart.

JookyG
02-21-2006, 02:01 PM
For anyone who's interested in this thread, I just got off the phone with the Tropicana Inn & Suites, which is directly across the street from the main entrance to the park. They are happy to remove the plastic sheets from the beds upon request--probably standard procedure in all the area hotels. Thanks everyone for your input!

hbquikcomjamesl
02-21-2006, 02:03 PM
I've been using a full mattress bag for 35 years, in order to avoid at least one source of dust. Not that this helps much, in a room where the dust bunnies are so thick even Dick Cheney could hit them.

Gilliegrl
02-21-2006, 02:17 PM
PP doesnt have rubber sheets and I think the beds we have slept in there on the third floor are heavenly.

asharpcook
02-22-2006, 12:21 AM
We stayed at the Tropicana in November and removed the mattress covers ourselves. They have a zipper that we just undid and slid the cover right off the mattress. We folded up the cover and put it on top of the armoire to keep it out of the way. When we left, we just took them down and put them on the bed...we didnt' put them back on the mattress. but just tossed them onto the bed so that the maid could find them. I was not about to sleep in the bed with that crackly mattress cover....ew...
Anita