PDA

View Full Version : Souvenir purchases and the AAA coupon

MermaidHair
02-18-2006, 10:24 AM
I know there have been many souvenir shopping threads but I could not find the right search terms to find the old posts so here is a new one!

We got the 10% off any one purchase of $50 or more coupon from AAA. Is it true that all of the merchandise for sale in the park can be found at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney? Or are there some specialty shops that have exclusive merchandise (Star Traders, the POC store (name?)) I was always thinking that we should shop around and make our purchases on the last day but if it is true that everything can be found at WOD I will buy there with my handy dandy coupon!

Malcon10t
02-18-2006, 10:56 AM
I know there have been many souvenir shopping threads but I could not find the right search terms to find the old posts so here is a new one!

We got the 10% off any one purchase of $50 or more coupon from AAA. Is it true that all of the merchandise for sale in the park can be found at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney? Or are there some specialty shops that have exclusive merchandise (Star Traders, the POC store (name?)) I was always thinking that we should shop around and make our purchases on the last day but if it is true that everything can be found at WOD I will buy there with my handy dandy coupon!90% of whats in the park can be found at WOD. But, there are things not available there. I would check around before spending it all in WOD.

MermaidHair
02-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Ok - thanks Malcon10t.

CariBelle
02-18-2006, 02:17 PM
If you find items you like that are very ride/attraction specific I suggest buying them in the park (Example- POTC t-shirt or IASW doll) because while those items are sometimes offered at WOD, I usually find them either in short supply or in limited sizes. It might just be me lol, but that's usually what happens to me.

CrazyTrain
02-18-2006, 03:00 PM
THere are a few specialty items - in Star traders and the little store by IASW, etc. If you have the time, definately shop around, though, like Malcon said, you'll be seeing a lot of the same merch everywhere you go!

cfrith
02-18-2006, 03:38 PM
How did you get the coupon if you don't mind my asking? I am a AAA member as well. Thanks!

Nancy
02-18-2006, 04:40 PM
We got the coupon too when we booked our trip with WD travel. AAA has the same program.

MermaidHair
02-18-2006, 05:35 PM
I did not book my whole trip through AAA - I just bought my tickets through them and got the coupon book and (because I bought in Jan.) the refillable mugs.

BTW - Anyone used those mugs yet? Are they good or kind of a pain to carry around since there are only 3 refill places?

Nancy
02-19-2006, 02:29 PM
I did not book my whole trip through AAA - I just bought my tickets through them and got the coupon book and (because I bought in Jan.) the refillable mugs.

BTW - Anyone used those mugs yet? Are they good or kind of a pain to carry around since there are only 3 refill places?

Tell me about the mugs. We didn't get those.

Malcon10t
02-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Tell me about the mugs. We didn't get those.
They were only available during the month of Jan. If you booked after or before that, you can't get it. I tried booking Feb 1st and found this out.