PDA

View Full Version : Plaza Inn character breakfast vs. Goofys kitchen

disneyfan30
02-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Which character breakfast is the best overall value? Who are the characters at the Plaza Inn breakfast? Goofys kitchen characters? Thanks!

hlbtimes2
02-18-2006, 09:40 AM
They both have pro's and con's. I havent done the Plaza breakfast since its been Pooh and friends, but I'm sure its about the same as it was then.

Plaza pro's:
Breakfast in the park with characters- nothing more magical!
Its in the park which is nice. No time wasted getting to the DLH.
Its a served buffet, so everyone isn't touching all the food

Plaza con's:
Not as large of food selection (breakfast food, no lunch selections).
Hours more limited the Goofys (have to wait until the park is open, so you can't eat and get breakfast out of the way before you go).
Food is served at the buffet line, so it does take more them then serve yourself.

Goofy's pro's: Can eat before getting to the park
Nice to have down time out of the park
Can eat there on a day you arent going to the park (maybe on a travel day)
More selections- lunch foods offered
Served yourself so its quick

Goofy's cons:
Serve yourself so someone may have touched your food (can you tell what I dislike about buffets? LOL)
Time spent to get to and from the park.

At the plaza you will see Minnie, and a selection of others (maybe: Fairy Godmother, Peter Pan, Hook, Donald, Pluto, Pooh, Tigger, etc- varies from day to day)

At Goofys you'll see Goofy and a selection of others (we saw Donald, Snow White and Aladin on our last visit- Max was there, but never made it to us)

When the plaza was Pooh and friends we went two different times. We had tons of character interaction. It was wonderful. We were going to eat there on our last trip, but had heard such good things about Goofys we tried to try it. We were disappointed. The interaction was not nearly as good as what we had at the Plaza. I guess we were there on a bad, because most people love it there. We wont spend the time and money there again.

annieb727
02-18-2006, 09:46 AM
I can only speak for the Goofy's Kitchen...

We really enjoyed it -- have been several times. We did the breakfasts (so we could do it before the park opened and wouldn't have to miss prime open hours to eat.

I will list some of the Characters we saw (but some might have been on different days, but it will give you an idea of who you might expect to see). Chip, Dale, Goofy, Pluto, Alice, Mad Hatter, Baloo, Max, Captain Hook, Donald Duck.

The food was really good too (at least I thought so) and they had a great variety -- there were kid friendly foods - mickey shaped chicken nuggets, pizza, hot dogs, tater tots, mickey shaped waffles & pancakes, eggs benedict, omlets made to order, bacon, sausage, biscuits & gravy, scrambled eggs, salad, fruit, TONS of desserts, and then more food I can't remember. Drinks included any kind of juice, milk, chocolate milk (they probably served pop, but we never asked - we had juice and chocolate milk).

Would love to hear more about the other...

nvmom
02-18-2006, 10:16 AM
We did the Plaza last year when it was the Princesses. We are one of the few families (at least from reading here) that had a great experience w/the character interaction. We thought the food was very good and lots of choices. The tables are kind of crowded in close together... but I'm expecting that they will be at Goofy's too. We'd go back to the Plaza, but we want to see the DLH and dh would rather have dinner than breakfast so we're trying Goofy's this year.

nvmom