PDA

View Full Version : Final Attraction

Pages : [1] 2

findin mickeys
02-17-2006, 12:52 PM
When ever we leave DLR to head back home it is a very sad time. So, we like to try and go out on a high note. Our very last ride until we can come again is always Space Mountain. This ride just leaves us wanting more and we always walk out laughing.

What is the last attraction you see/go on before you leave the park?

I am sure this has been a topic before, but I have not seen it and searches in the forum came back with a lot of different threads.

p.s. At DCA our last ride is always either Screamin or TOT, depending on the lines. We try to hit both back to back if possible.

oregontraveler
02-17-2006, 12:57 PM
When I went last summer, I always stopped at the 50th exhibit. Try and notice something different in the display. And on the last night. I actually spotted Maynerd giving his spiel. So that was a real :cool:

olegc
02-17-2006, 01:03 PM

Disneyland - Splash or Big thunder - lines are shorter (at night for splash). also we tend to stay way west while the park clears out. Matterhorn and some Fantasyland rides come in a close second (snow white 5 times in a row).

DCA - my kids: Screamin' Me: Soarin' - although Monsters, Inc. will take some of that away. I love ToT but can't ride it often (motion sickness).

disneyhound
02-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Ours was not a ride, but we watched the fireworks oin Main Street in front of the Emporium, then stayed for the snow before leaving the park and heading back to our hotel room; We don't have a traditional last-ride.

Opus1guy
02-17-2006, 01:58 PM
For about the last 6 months ours has been the Disneyland 50th Exhibit and Film at the Opera House in Town Square. That movie is a nice way to wrap-up a day at Disneyland.

Another Dimension
02-17-2006, 02:16 PM
For about the last 6 months ours has been the Disneyland 50th Exhibit and Film at the Opera House in Town Square. That movie is a nice way to wrap-up a day at Disneyland.

Despite how any last ride feels (they are all good IMO) ... the 50th film really warms my heart and increases my inner smile when leaving, better than anything else, even a classic E or some more twisted rails.

Since I live so close, it's not too sad for me when I leave Disneyland after any visits, but the 50th film surely makes me leave feeling magically better inside, better than any other attraction I could see or ride.

findin mickeys
02-17-2006, 02:17 PM
I have not seen the 50th exhibit and am looking forward to it on my upcoming trip. I heard it is fantastic (from the things I have read on this site).

Bolivar
02-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Funny you mention this. I would never have thought about a traditional last ride until we were there in December. We were about to leave and my son said, "Let's go ride Pirates of the Caribbean, it's always my last ride." I had no idea, but he said that every time we have gone it has been his last ride. I questioned him about this and going back to his first trip when he had just turned five (he is about to turn twelve) it has always been the final ride.

hlbtimes2
02-17-2006, 02:45 PM
On our last trip, the last ride was Space Mountain. We had fast pass that we just had time to use before catching the shuttle to the airport. We were supposed to be picked up at PP at 1:15. I think it was about 12:30 when we got on SM. LOL

olegc
02-17-2006, 03:04 PM

that would be mine - but I tend to play hookie from work and so I am rushing to leave the park - and always forget. Darn! Good idea :)

TowerofTerror
02-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Space Mountain and before that it was Matterhorn.

evrythngwmn
02-18-2006, 12:20 AM
Basically whatever we are nearest to. Sometimes the train. I've got the train timing down and depending where we are we'll head for the closest train station.

nvmom
02-18-2006, 08:19 AM
Well, having been to DLR only once, we don't have any hard and fast traditions. Last Mar Peter Pan ended up being our last ride... and we were so glad that we ended up waiting in line for it. What a charming ride. We'd avoided it the whole trip because the line was so darn long. Fantasmic! was actually the last thing we did before we left.

nvmom

HorizonsA
02-18-2006, 11:13 AM
I used to have a tradition for seeing Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln every night I was there. But since Mr. Lincoln is behind closed curtains for another year, my tradition shifted to Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. Sometime the Tiki Room doesn't open after the frieworks, so an alternate tradition of riding Space Mountain takes the place. But once Mr. Lincoln returns, it's back to the Main Street Opera House for me.

I Heart Disneyland!
02-18-2006, 11:42 AM
The very first thing we do and last thing we do is ride Pirates of the Caribbean! :)

MammaSilva
02-18-2006, 11:54 AM
For a long long time our first/last ride would always be the Matterhorn, but in recent trips it's changed....our last trip the last ride was it's a small world ...but one thing that never changes is that brief pause in front of walts apartment when I look up to the window and say a little thank you to the visionary that made it all a reality.

seanutbutter
02-18-2006, 11:59 AM
The last time I visited DL we rode Indiana Jones last, mainly because it's one of our favorite rides and it's always nice to go out feeling happy and excited.

darph nader
02-18-2006, 12:26 PM

This sounds lame,but i just about always look back at the Main Street Station .Other than the Mickey flower bed to me THAT IS the entrance to
Disneyland.:cool:

tod
02-18-2006, 12:51 PM
As we are trudging out of the park, closing in on the witching hour, I have been known to get a second wind and make a break for the Disneyland Railroad for one last trip around the Park.

Much to the consternation of The Lovely Mrs. tod, who by this time just wants to get the hell out of Dodge.

We go on the train about half the time.

--t

~* Tinkebell *~
02-18-2006, 03:59 PM
I went to disneyland for the first time this past summer. We got there on the actual anniversary and had a blast. The last night we were there we were going to go see Fantasmic, but me and my brother wanted to go on space mountain and we had fastpasses. So...while my mom and Dad went to go get seats for fantasmic me and my brother went on Space Mountain. So technically that was my last ride. But afterwards we found my parents and watched Fantasmic which was sooo awesome. Anyways...we went to go on POTC (pirates of the carribean...sp?) afterwards, but it was closed. So we made our way out of the park just like everyone else. I know it sounds lame. but b/c of all the traffic leaving the park i was inbetween my mom and dad and holding both their hands and i remember looking back at the castle one last time and breaking down in tears. I had such a fun time and am dieing to go back.
<3
Ashley

Another Dimension
02-18-2006, 05:13 PM
I know it sounds lame. but b/c of all the traffic leaving the park i was inbetween my mom and dad and holding both their hands and i remember looking back at the castle one last time and breaking down in tears.

Really, that isn't lame at all... It's Disneyland. :cool:

~* Tinkebell *~
02-18-2006, 06:15 PM
yeah, i guess, i just thought it would sound lame b/c im 15 years old. lol

Opus1guy
02-18-2006, 06:32 PM

It's not lame. Just wait until you get to be my age. Then you'll find yourself breaking down in tears when you see your tax return.

;)

findin mickeys
02-18-2006, 06:45 PM

Its not lame at all. Try being a 30+ year old man and tearing up as you walk down Main Street. I do it every time I am there. I guess that is part of the magic that makes us all visit DLR and then rush home to tell a message board full of people we have not met all about it:D

Genris
02-18-2006, 07:13 PM
We have to have a "last ride" too, but everyone picks one, and do them in the order of how close we are to them, so it's been different each time. Last in December was the rapids. In July it was POTC.