PDA

View Full Version : Coming to the DLR in June! Crowds?

msgmg68
02-17-2006, 12:41 PM
Hi! I just found out that I have to attend a conference in the Anaheim area June 26-29. Boy am I happy about that, because I can go to the DL!!

I know that it will be summer vacation, but someone told me that the end of June isn't as busy as July/Aug. However, I thought I'd ask all of you mousepadders as you are the most knowlegeable people on this subject!

Thanks!:D

potzbie
02-17-2006, 01:18 PM
... but someone told me that the end of June isn't as busy as July/Aug. ...

Well, perhaps.

Here is an analogy.

If you've read DANTE's "Inferno", then you know that the depths of hell has rings, or levels.
The difference between the level of HELL known as "July" and the level of HELL known as "June" is two rings. -- In other words, it is still hell.

(To make the analogy complete: Off-season is heaven. Rainy days are heaven. The margins between off-season and in-season is Purgatory.)

At DL, to stand in line for two hours, as opposed to two hours and ten minutes, might be a fitting two-ring difference.
(Off-season, Space Mtn. and Indiana Jones are near-walk-ons.)

DL will be crowded.
It will be worse July 4th (and similarly-so for all of Christmas week).
So, June is better.
But not by much.

msgmg68
02-17-2006, 01:27 PM
I was assuming it would be busy, especially since it will still be the 50th going on. I am just happy that I get to go back so soon (I was just there in November!).

Thanks, potzbie!

Darkbeer
02-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Let's see, Disney says that Peak Summer starts June 23rd.

Pirates of the Carribean reopens on June 24th, along with the new nighttime Rock-It Mountain, plus the new drop cycle on ToT.

Be prepared for LARGE crowds...

LibertyCall
02-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Nooooooooooooo, I thought pirates was re-opening on the 22nd.:crying:

Darkbeer
02-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Nooooooooooooo, I thought pirates was re-opening on the 22nd.:crying:

The latest press release from Disney clearly stated that Pirates would reopen on June 24th.

Sorry for the bad news.

And due to Grad Nites and the Movie Premiere Party, I doubt it will open early, or have any type of soft openings (except maybe for some special Cast Member only previews...)

DisneyBrudy
02-18-2006, 01:41 AM
I have been to DLR the last two June's in a row and it was busy both times! 120 min wait for GRR at DCA! Star Tours was 45 min, matterhorn was 45 min, splash was 60 min but it broke down! So that added another 20 min! But fun times none the less!

disneyfan30
02-18-2006, 08:59 AM
How are the crowds in early June? We went in late July two years ago and the crowds were kind of bad and just wanted to hear from anybody whos been in early June so we know what to expect (we are planning June 3-7). Thanks!

potzbie
02-18-2006, 10:43 AM
Already covered.
You missed JUNE by one day.
See thread, "COMING IN JUNE! CROWDS?" by "msgmg68" dated Feb. 17 Friday.
It's already six posts long, as I write.

stan4d_steph
02-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Mod. Note: Threads merged.

Minnie66
02-19-2006, 02:33 PM
We went the first week of June last year and will be returning again the same time this year......so it wasn't so horrible as to make us not want to go again. Of course, the time of year corresponds with one of the choice of when we can go, but I didn't find it that bad. A couple of things that made it nice for us was that we were there for 5 days so we only went from first thing in the morning until about 12:00 or whenever it seem to get crazy, and then we returned around 5:00 that night. Utilize fast passes, and plan out your must sees for the trip and you should enjoy it just fine. I don't think we ever waited for a ride more than 1/2 hour. If the lines are real bad grab your fast pass and enjoy something else while waiting for the time to pass. Have a great trip!

Another Dimension
02-19-2006, 03:37 PM
It's the 50th pt. 2, it's the Summertime and new stuff will be open in both parks...
My guess is.. it will be a bit (super) crowded.

msgmg68
02-20-2006, 04:39 PM
I assumed that I would be in for long waits. It was really crowded when we were there in November as well, but I am always happy to be at DL, no matter the crowds!

I am really excited to hear that POTC will be open again! My son will be so darn excited! I think I'll wait and let him realize it's reopened when we get there. :)

Thanks for the input everyone!