PDA

View Full Version : How many entrances to Disney?

jillshumway
02-17-2006, 08:04 AM
We are staying at the Deseret Palms inn and suites. The only (reasonable priced) place that had a suite for My family of 7. It is at the south east corner of the DC parking lot. I have not been able to find a map with entrence marked. I have not been there sence DC was a parking lot. Is the only entrance in the center opposite DL? I will have a double stroller is it easier to walk or take a tram. I will be spending a week with 5 children 3 are under 5.

Also Where do you get Kids meals in Lunch boxes? I heard it refered to is it at take out or sit down resterants. Thanks for your help. Jill

annieb727
02-17-2006, 08:11 AM
hi there...that hotel is about 820 yards from the crosswalk to get to disneyland -- from the crosswalk, it is about a five minute walk (depending on crowds and kiddos) to get to the main gate.

that hotel is manageable for walking, but maybe not with little ones at the end of a long day. my suggestion is to always stay at a place that is in the 1500-1600 block of S. Harbor Blvd those are really close.

lauramaynot
02-17-2006, 09:21 AM
We are staying at the Deseret Palms inn and suites. The only (reasonable priced) place that had a suite for My family of 7. It is at the south east corner of the DC parking lot. I have not been able to find a map with entrence marked. I have not been there sence DC was a parking lot. Is the only entrance in the center opposite DL? I will have a double stroller is it easier to walk or take a tram. I will be spending a week with 5 children 3 are under 5.

Also Where do you get Kids meals in Lunch boxes? I heard it refered to is it at take out or sit down resterants. Thanks for your help. Jill

I don't know much about the entrances since we always come in from Mickey and Friends parking structure and take the tram or walk DTD, but the Cook'd up Comics boxes are available at most of the counter service resturants. In particular we have gotten them at:

Rancho Del Zocalo
Hungry Bear Resturant
Club Buzz (Tomorrowland Terrace)
Taste Pilots Grill

I am sure there are more places, but there are sometimes different box designs in different locations so if you see one you like ask where it came from.

Malcon10t
02-17-2006, 09:27 AM

Also Where do you get Kids meals in Lunch boxes? I heard it refered to is it at take out or sit down resterants. Thanks for your help. JillIt might be easier to take the ART. It's the first stop on the line. Its $3 a day for you and the kids are free. You might walk to the park, then take the ART to go back (its the first F stop.)

My daughter (19yo) loves the little lunch boxes. They can be found at most restaurants. The Tomorrowland Terrace and Hungry Bear are our favorites.

ktrm
02-17-2006, 11:04 AM
This hotel is right by the Lion King Tram Station or so a friend of mine said. She stayed there and went into the parking structure(Lion King?) and took the Lion King tram to the entrance to the park. I have never stayed at this hotel but she indicated that this worked great. I kindof doubt you can take a double stroller on those trams however. Write back how you liked this hotel. Its a three star hotel and I am considering it for future visits.

Stupid_American
02-17-2006, 11:26 AM
The hotel is basically at the corner of Harbor and Katella.
This puts you just about .5 miles from the street entrance to the parks.
From the hotel, to the main gates, inside, you are probably looking at about 1 kilometer.

As you exit your hotel, go to the left, then go left again up Harbor.

Although the Lion King tram would be a good, closer choice, it only runs on weekends and holidays during winter.

The lunch boxes are provided with many of the kids meals from various restaurants throughout the park.

Darkbeer
02-17-2006, 11:30 AM
There are only two entrances to Disneyland, the Main Entry Plaza, and the Downtown Disney Monorail gate.

As for the walk, here is a photo map showing the route.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=26004

So about 6/10th of a mile

AB29
02-17-2006, 12:24 PM
there is a walk in gate just down Katella to the west that will take you directly to the Lion King Tram in the Timon Parking Lot. Ask the folks at the hotel, they will idrect you. It's a real short walk to the tram.....Have fun

Malcon10t
02-17-2006, 02:56 PM
there is a walk in gate just down Katella to the west that will take you directly to the Lion King Tram in the Timon Parking Lot. Ask the folks at the hotel, they will idrect you. It's a real short walk to the tram.....Have fun
Just remember, this tram only runs during peak times, and is usually not running weekdays (except summer and Christmas.)

ktrm
02-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Just remember, this tram only runs during peak times, and is usually not running weekdays (except summer and Christmas.)

Does the Mickey Tram, unlike the Lion King Tram, run all the time?

Darkbeer
02-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Does the Mickey Tram, unlike the Lion King Tram, run all the time?

The Tram from the Mickey and Friends Parking structure runs normally from one hour before parking open, until at least one hour after park closing, usually later, seven days a week.

On a rare occasion, such as an extremely large crowd, or the need to close the tram route down for emergency vehicles, the tram service is stopped. If the trams are down due to the large crowds, they will allow guests to walk down the tram route to the parking structure.

ktrm
02-18-2006, 08:38 AM
Since we are on the subject, when do the parking lots open. I am curious for early entry because the ART buses don't seem to start early enough to take full advantage of the extra hour. They don't start until 1 hour before the park opens but I want to actually be at the park entrance about 1 hour and I guess 15 minutes before so I can take advantage of my full hour.

nvmom
02-18-2006, 10:33 AM
We stayed at the Desert Palms last March. I'd say it's a good 10 min walk w/kids to the maingate. It is really nice not to have to cross the street. The walk was nothing in the morning, or mid day, by night it seemed a little long. We did use the Lion King Tram once it started running on Fri night and into the weekend. I'd have never realized we were that close to the parking lot & the tram if it hadn't been for this board. We were fine w/the hotel... but the folks at the front desk weren't helpful or forthcoming w/info. When we arrived we asked, "so, how do we get to DLR?" We had not clue. Never been in S. CA let alone DLR... they looked at us like we were idiots. You can take your stoller on the tram, you'll just have to collapse it when you're riding. We looked into the ART, but the cost and the timing didn't seem worth it to us.

FYI- the breakfast room is very crowded in the mornings and the food is bare bones basic. Our room was fine, however, and the pool was too. It's really handy that there's a 7-11 next door.

nvmom