PDA

View Full Version : I’m just amazed here at Mousepad (AP holders from Seattle)

mugsrb
02-16-2006, 08:35 PM
at how many of us are from Seattle area.

I read alot more than I post but wow there is alot of us Seattlite's here.

If you go two times a year is a AP worth the cost? We go twice late spring & fall but just for thur-sun so 7 or 8 day's depending on flight times. I guess in away I would feel I'm wasting the rest of the AP

hlbtimes2
02-16-2006, 08:45 PM
It depends on the number of black out days during your dates. I'm really kicking myself. We were there in Oct. I tossed around the idea of upgrading my 5 day hopper, but wasnt sure if we would be back or not- and I ran out of time. Turns out I'm going in March and May this year! Even with buying black outs, I would have saved a bundle. I have a 3 day hopper for this trip.On day 2 of this trip I'm going to get an ap to use for the rest of this trip and the May trip. I'll have to buy one black out pass, so over all I wont be saving a lot, but I'll get the ap discount on our meals which will help.

I just realized I wouldnt have save as much as I was thinking. We are geting the kids play free tickets. So, had I bought the ap I would have had to pay for one of the kids. I guess it all works out. LOL

And yes, there are a lot of us in the Seattle area on this board!

Mommy2NicknMax
02-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Not a waste. Once you get that AP, you'll find yourself going 3 or 4 times a year instead. ;)

Surfingstitch
02-16-2006, 09:44 PM
We end up taking a lot of mini trips ranging from 2 to 5 days.

JookyG
02-16-2006, 09:53 PM
I discovered on my recent trip that I could have stayed in the Disneyland Hotel for the same price as the motel across the street with the AP discount rates. Granted, those aren't guaranteed, but if the AP pays for itself on admission alone, everything else is a "plus" (as Walt would say :)

Oh, and yeah another Seattle fan here, trying to increase my visits to twice a year.

I Heart Disneyland!
02-16-2006, 10:00 PM
I believe mine was totally worth it! We went in May for the 50th kick-off, then back in October. We spent a total of about 18 days at the parks, and for a 5 day pass it was only $40 less than an annual pass. We did have 1 black out date during our stay, and, on that day...we ran to San Diego! It was great! I will get another in November when we go back, so that 2007 will be filled with DL trips too! :) (And, I do find that I think...the pass IS already paid for, why not go?) :) Also, you get discounts at the restaurants in DL and a lot in Downtown Disney...that is an added bonus. I KNOW I saved more than $40 on just that alone. For this Seattleite, totally worth the investment!

annieb727
02-17-2006, 09:27 AM
we're just south of Seattle (tacoma area) and we bought annual passes when we were there in October - it was worth it for just that trip, since we spent 10 DAYS there!!

Then dh and I decided to spend our five year anniversary there - we had three full days and two partial days then!

And now, I am going down to So. Cal for business stuff, and extended my trip for a couple of days and will be going to DL by myself for the first time -- very excited about that -- I will spend two full days at DL, and hopefully part of another, which a full day and possibly a little more will be business related - heck it only cost me $50/night more for hotel and a little money for food (I'll be bringing most of my food along with me this time to keep it cheap).

THEN - in MAY, I get to come down for a Church thing, and will extend my trip a couple of days to play at DL for a little while :)

For us...AP is TOTALLY worth it -- will we renew them all next year? Not sure...depends on how much $$ we can save up for a BIG familiy trip again. But if we don't , it will be the next year that we get annual passes again.

lbrackjo
02-17-2006, 10:22 AM
From Seattle too, we have just one AP and use it to get the hotel rate and food discounts which can pay for itself for just one trip.