PDA

View Full Version : How Crowded Will This Monday (President's Day) Be?

Monte Cristo
02-16-2006, 02:04 PM
Debating whether to take a quickie two day trip for Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday probably won't be bad but I notice Monday has summer hours. Is it really going to get that crazy?

faithbaby
02-16-2006, 02:12 PM
It is a holiday weekend for most folks since Monday is President's Day. Many schools seem to be getting the whole week off these days...I'd bet it will be pretty busy...BUT, that's not keeping us away! :D

stan4d_steph
02-16-2006, 02:13 PM
As stated in various recent threads, it will be very busy. Expect significant crowds.

kuusimo
02-19-2006, 06:56 PM
We left last Friday and as it was opening, the crowds were really bad! We were glad that our last day was Thursday. We walked onto almost every ride.

wlc
02-19-2006, 08:47 PM
Debating whether to take a quickie two day trip for Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday probably won't be bad but I notice Monday has summer hours. Is it really going to get that crazy?

I was there Friday throughl about 4:30pm Today, Sunday.

Friday was okay.. I rode a lot in the morning. I then took a quick nap around 3pm, and came back to rain and sprinkles all night at Disneyland.

Saturday was more of the same.. but busier. The rain seemed to keep SOME of the crowds away. Fortunately, the fireworks were not cancelled (my first time seeing Remember.. woohoo!). Spent much of the middle of the day at DCA. It was busy there, but was able to ride GRR, see Aladdin, ride Soarin', etc. Monsters Inc was over an hr wait.

Sunday (today) was... too much for me. I arrived in the Pinocchio lot and it began to hail! (hail!! not rain, but hail! I haven't seen hail here in SoCal for quite a while). It let up, so I went to Disneyland. It was already busy... too busy for my tastes.

Big Thunder broke down, and then Splash broke down.. so the walkway crowds became intense, and rides like PoTC had a giant swell in wait time.

I left early (I expected to leave for home around 10p-12. but left at 4:30) because it seemed very frustrating.

If Monday is anything like today (and I expect it to be), i'd bring a LOT of patience and not hope to get on a lot of rides. I couldn't even buy my Fritters because the line was so long.

TowerofTerror
02-20-2006, 12:04 AM
Well I say it should be busy. I expect it to be like hour wait for all the popular rides or maybe even more.

Opus1guy
02-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Considering that parts of Friday, Saturday and Sunday were rather inclimate and may have deterred some folks from going or at least minimized their time in the Park...today's picture postcard weather might have all those folks (and more) jamming the gates today. Even if for some of them, today is likely a "travel day."

Would be interested to hear reports.

Monte Cristo
02-21-2006, 06:39 AM
Considering that parts of Friday, Saturday and Sunday were rather inclimate and may have deterred some folks from going or at least minimized their time in the Park...today's picture postcard weather might have all those folks (and more) jamming the gates today. Even if for some of them, today is likely a "travel day."

Would be interested to hear reports.

Same here. I want to know if I should be happy I didn't go or regretful. ;)

mckygirl99
02-21-2006, 08:31 AM
I went at park opening. It wasn't so bad but it was crowded. We were able to do Space Mtn, BTM, Star Tours, Pirates, Pooh, Towntown coaster, ride the train, play in Toontown, do a little shopping and eat at Minnie's and we left at 1:30. If you came at noon, it would probably have been a different story.

cstephens
02-21-2006, 11:24 AM
A friend and I got to the parking structure at about noon, and it was very crowded. There were a lot of people waiting for trams, and they were loading two stations. We spent the afternoon in DTD, and when she had to leave at 3pm, I headed into DL. Disney was stupid and only had one bagcheck station open, so there were huge lines and a fairly long wait. They apparently knew it would be busy as they had lots of staff in other places and extended hours. Does it really take a genius leap to know to have more than one bagcheck station open? (Oh, sorry, this isn't the vent thread.)