PDA

View Full Version : Super Soap weekend (Help)

melinda1955
04-06-2002, 07:59 PM
I know that it is late, but can anyone tell me if they went to DCA today for Super Soap Weekend, Is it just too crazy or what? I would like to know if it opened at 8:00 a.m and how early should I get there. any pointers on where to go first etc. Thanks all

Darkbeer
04-06-2002, 08:34 PM
Check the "Help!! Super Soap Weekend" thread, it was about 10 threads down last I saw, AVP called in, said if you wanted autographs, you need to get there EARLY, she reported people at 5 AM to get wristbands...

Uncle Dick
04-06-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by melinda1955
I know that it is late, but can anyone tell me if they went to DCA today for Super Soap Weekend, Is it just too crazy or what? I would like to know if it opened at 8:00 a.m and how early should I get there. any pointers on where to go first etc. Thanks all
I was there, but not specifically for the Soap Opera thingy. Fastpasses for the celebrity showings of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire sold out less than two and a half hours after DCA opened. The park was packed, but most people were just loitering around or waiting in VERY long lines to see their favorite stars. The lines for most attractions were very reasonable, and "The Power of BLAST!" was less crowded today than any previous day this week. I also heard from several CMs that the expected crowds did not show up. If you're going to see soap stars, then it is very crazy. If you're going to experience some attractions, Super Soap Weekends are a great time to go to DCA.

Just FYI, the park did open at 8 am and will do so tomorrow as well.

melinda1955
04-07-2002, 05:00 AM
Thank you so much for your replies. I am going to see the soap stars but my hubby and daughter are just going to get on rides. I was worried about them getting tampled. I feel better now that you told me the rides are okay. I told him if it gets too crazy, they can leave me there and come back for me later. We don't live too far. Thanks again for the info.

MouseWife
04-07-2002, 09:35 PM
I went this weekend to see the cast of All My Children.

To me, it was hectic, but exciting. You will not be able to get in everyones line and get an autograph/photo with everyone. At least not in one day.

We got the schedule from here and printed it up. Or, from Soapnet.com. Either way it worked but I also think they gave Soap Opera Digests out at the entrance.

Oh, most lines did fill up before their posted time so if you have someone you really really want to see up close, then get to their line early. If it reaches their maximum, they will close it.

The 'parade' is all of the celebs riding by on a big truck sort of thing. You don't want to miss is it.

The shows are great, Q & A was fun as was Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. Didn't do the Casting Call.

Definitely go across the way from the Muppet Vision, they had a questionaire place and you receive a gift{I got pins, pen, mints, magnet frame}. At WWTBAM the celebs win prizes for you. We received a $5. gift certificate and a tote bag. If they had made it all the way we would have also gotten a t-shirt.

You can take photos of them from in front of their stations, hard to get them to look right at the camera, though.

Um, if your husband and daughter don't mind, they can get some autographs for you but the waits are long.

You can check the Bistro Appearance schedule and see who is appearing when. If you eat there I understand that those posted will wander around.

I hope I didn't miss anything important. Definitely get the Digest! The map inside lists all of the signing sites. They switch sites all day long.

They do have pictures at the sites, shouldn't run out. You might want to confirm this, in case you need an autograph book. You can have one photo and one picture.

Comfortable shoes and a watch. :) Have fun!

AVP
04-07-2002, 09:52 PM
MouseWife, how was the Brunch?

AVP

MouseWife
04-07-2002, 10:04 PM
Well, first off, I was disappointed. As were the people in my area. We were on the Kelly's Bar/Dock section. Very dark. I couldn't tell too well what was being served {bear claws, muffins, scrambled eggs w/cheese in a roll which was yummy, and this other stuff that looked like some sort of sausage dish but I did not take any, and fruit skewers}. {Buffet}

We all were thinking we would be ignored back there and that our pictures would not come out. We expressed this worry to a couple of people and they assured us that all would be fine.

Then, we were thinking that LaLucci would not be able to meet with everyone as she had an autograph session and we thought she would have to leave.

Well, all worry was for naught. Everyone came back through each room and spent a bit of time with everyone, taking pictures only and some could only say just a few words and then move on. But it was great, really.

We didn't have to leave when we did {and I don't know when we were supposed to leave} but we wanted to get out and start out day.

I only wish that those who had booked packages would have maybe gotten one each of all of the little pictures they had the characters sign. They were great. Even unsigned would have been great. You can only get them if you wait in their line and you have to really run around and get lucky to make it into the line you want. We chose the ones we wanted the most, who we thought we could make it to most likely and then tried our best.

I did get to see Cameron Matheson and Micheal E. Knight up close and get a photo with them.

I tell ya, those guys are very very handsome. All of them.

And, meeting David Canary in person, I can see why he gets the young wives. ;)

melinda1955
04-08-2002, 05:50 PM
Thank you MouseWife for all the tips. I did go and boy did I have the time of my life! I ran around like a crazy woman. I got some great pics and got to get one with Cameron Mathison which was the highlight of course. I agree with you, he is so handsome as were all of the other men. I felt like a kid in a candy store. I sure hope that Disney does this again next year. I always wanted to go to the one in Florida but was never able to. If they have it next year I am going the whole nine yards with the hotel package , etc. Thanks again

MouseWife
04-09-2002, 09:54 AM
I definitely will be going back next year. I am going to make sure and keep my eyes open and book as soon as I hear!!!

Yep, I have always wanted to go but flying to Florida just was not in the cards for me. I got enough ribbing for going to this one from my family. :(

But heck! It was worth it!!!

melinda1955
04-09-2002, 02:37 PM
I know what you mean. Everyone laughed at me too. I have been watching AMC for so many years that this was so worth it for me. I was truly suprised at how well it all went and how nice everyone was. Hope to see you there next year if they have it!

MouseWife
04-09-2002, 04:23 PM
My husband couldn't get over how I told him we were talking to everyone very casually.

One lady {who I think could have actually fit it} exclaimed to her husband 'Susan Lucci wore this!!!' {If you looked it was a brownish colored either dress or nightgown, could have been either, except at my house ;) }. He looked at her and said 'So?' I turned to him and said 'So?!' She looked at me and said 'Thank you.' I told him 'Hey, don't you have to go home with her? I think you should buy it for her.'

My husband told me he was surprised he didn't tell me to mind my own business. But that is how casual it was.

To stand in line anywhere was to hear the history of AMC or the current storyline or someones pet peeves about it.

Yes, I hope to see you next year! I will cross my fingers that there is a next year!!

FabShelly
04-10-2002, 12:14 AM
I went for the lunch at 12:45 Sunday and it was a lot of fun. I've got story and pics up from it at LaughingPlace. Man, they were so nice!

If you want that certain autograph, do the Walt Disney World Theme Park Commando act and plan out every nanosecond.

Fab

MouseWife
04-10-2002, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by FabDisBabe
I went for the lunch at 12:45 Sunday and it was a lot of fun. I've got story and pics up from it at LaughingPlace. Man, they were so nice!

If you want that certain autograph, do the Walt Disney World Theme Park Commando act and plan out every nanosecond.

Fab

I will have to check out the pics.

Ya know, I thought I had it all planned out! I had the schedule from here, highlighter, times, I even wore a watch {I never do that!}.

Just that once we finished the first choice {J.Eddie Peck for me!} then the rest of the lines, we were lucky if they weren't full. I missed two people completely, only saw them walking by and I was like Hey, that is so and so! {David and Anna, drats!}

melinda1955
04-10-2002, 09:35 AM
Same with me, I missed David and Anna, was disapointed . I made alot of friends in line as it just seemed like we all knew each other and no one was pushing or anything. I wanted to take pics and people got out of the way, very gracious. My hubby thought I was crazy also, the way I was acting, I actually chased the float with everyone else. I can't believe it myself and when Cameron Mathison came out in the morning to sign the autographs and I had waited in line for two hours, I just started screaming like a teenager and I am 46 yrs old. I did see a couple of things that Susan Lucci wore and was suprised at the prices, I thought they were reasonable. She is sure tiny and even more beautiful in person. I know what you mean about the time, you did need the whole two days to try and get as many pics with the stars as possible since the lines went so quickly. Next yr, hopefully I will be more prepared.;)

MouseWife
04-10-2002, 11:38 AM
When the parade went past, I was distracted by something and missed half of it!!

Yep. I had so much fun. Wheni met up with my husband, he told me what he did that day {he and the boys went to Hollywood and a bike convention}. Later, my niece met us for dinner. She asked me what they had done. I went blank. I said 'Ah, he told me but, ah, ah,...' She laughed and said 'But you really didn't care!!!'

I didn't mean to be so selfish but hey, I got to hug J.Eddie Peck!!! I got to hug Michael E. Knight!! I got to squeeze Cameron Matheson!!!

I think it can hold me over until next year. ;)

Uncle Dick
04-14-2002, 01:27 AM
I was chillin' around DCA yesterday during Super Soap Saturday and the crowds didn't seem nearly as bad as last week. Millionaire Fastpass was available well past noon and the lines to get autographs were of reasonable length.

MouseWife
04-14-2002, 09:21 AM
Aha, so what you are saying is that AMC had the biggest crowds so far? ;)

I noticed, though, that Sunday {last weekend} was more crowded than Saturday. Probably because people mostly have the AP's that don't allow them in on Saturdays? Heck, if I had gotten the AP as I had hoped, I would be there at the birthday celebration and hop over and check things out.

Hmm. I wonder if the AMC weekend will turn out to be one of the more crowded because quite a few of the characters have been there for a while. La Lucci, Micheal E. Knight, David Canary, Julia Barr, just to name a few.

One Life to Live has a few well knowns as well, maybe today will be different.

Have you heard yea or nay if this will definitely happen next year? I want to jump on it!