PDA

View Full Version : good time to go to park?

ArielleBelle
02-16-2006, 10:45 AM
What month does the slow season end? I was thinking of trying to set up a trip in April or May. What do you think? Also what is october like? any ideas, suggestions would be wonderful!
Aslo where do you stay outside the park? What hotels are good close to main entrance?
Thanks!

hlbtimes2
02-16-2006, 11:45 AM
Other then the last couple of weeks, there hasnt been much of a slow season since last May. April will be busy because of Spring break, then it should be a little quieter in May. Oct. is traditionally a slow time of year, but last year it was very busy! This year its hard to say. It will be getting close to the end of the 50th, and very well could be busy again.

Hotels: Hojo's (howard Johnson) is a fav among many here. As is the Candy cane inn. The fairfield by Marriott is also pretty nice for the price. You might want to take a look at the review board, and www.tripadvisor.com for more ideas and some reviews.

ArielleBelle
02-20-2006, 05:18 AM
When does spring break start in Cali? THanks for the info. We want to go again but haven't gone anyother time thatn Jan or Feb. Last year we went in Sept but it was so crazy busy and hot! nO fun so we don't really wnat to do that again!. Anyways thanks again!

GrumpyUTboi
02-20-2006, 05:23 AM
After spending many hours looking at the calendars of the school districts in the LA/Orange County/San Diego area it looks as if most of the spring breaks occur the 14-21 of April.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-20-2006, 07:03 AM
I say avoid March and April, and go early May, if you plan to go then.
Then October, November-not during Thanksgiving, and early December are traditionally slow times. But again remember the 50th has been bringing more people to the park so the slow times aren't as slow. But this fall might be good, since the 50th will start to wind down. Although then you might have the people who want to experience it all one last time! Maybe just wait until next Feb. to be safe. LOL

Tinkermommy
02-20-2006, 07:28 AM
Many schools are off the week starting April 10. That's when my daughter's district is off.

cindyland
02-20-2006, 08:21 AM
We thought we'd hit an "off" week for Spring Break...but I don't think so...

I'm thinking 2007 would be when it slows down! After my AP expires, of course...

ArielleBelle
02-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Yeah my AP expires in Sept. bummer, but we did get to see the 50 stuff.
Does california schools get a Fall break? Our school here in Az get three breaks in the scholl year, one Fall break, christmas break, & spring break, I think they are in October, December & March. Do they do this in Cali?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-20-2006, 01:08 PM
Yeah my AP expires in Sept. bummer, but we did get to see the 50 stuff.
Does california schools get a Fall break? Our school here in Az get three breaks in the scholl year, one Fall break, christmas break, & spring break, I think they are in October, December & March. Do they do this in Cali?

You must be describing a year round school.

T-RAT
02-20-2006, 01:17 PM
You must be describing a year round school.

Not necessarily. I know of schools in Washington state that have a December break, mid-winter break in February, and then Spring break in April and they don't go year round.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Not necessarily. I know of schools in Washington state that have a December break, mid-winter break in February, and then Spring break in April and they don't go year round.
Hmm, my son is in school in Spokane, WA, goes to private school but their schedule seems to follow the same as the public school. He doesn't have any significant breaks, maybe a Thursday, Friday, or a Monday here and there, other than Christmas break, and spring break. But then I don't consider a 4 day weekend a big break from school, like they do at Thanksgiving, and they are having next week at his school.

ArielleBelle
02-20-2006, 02:55 PM
No we don't have a year round school. This is hopw it goes,
They start last week of july, go 9 weeks, get 2 weeks off( Fall break) ,
go another 9 weeks get 2 weeks off(christmas break week after christmas and first week of January),
go 9 weeks and then get 2 weeks off(spring break in march)
then they get out of school some time in May. Get 2 months for summer. they just started this a year ago I think. kinda weird I think!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-20-2006, 08:18 PM
No we don't have a year round school. This is hopw it goes,
They start last week of july, go 9 weeks, get 2 weeks off( Fall break) ,
go another 9 weeks get 2 weeks off(christmas break week after christmas and first week of January),
go 9 weeks and then get 2 weeks off(spring break in march)
then they get out of school some time in May. Get 2 months for summer. they just started this a year ago I think. kinda weird I think!

That is weird. But my cousin goes to school in Phoenix, a private school, and that is how her school is too. I cannot imagine starting school in July! What happened to starting after Labor Day? That just doesn't happen anymore, but that is how it was when I was growing up, back in the day. You were off 3 FULL months, June-August.

ArielleBelle
02-21-2006, 06:33 AM
yeah its weird but they started this about a year ago.
I liked it the way it was when I was in school. Long summers!

disneyochem
02-21-2006, 12:00 PM
My kids are in public schools up here in Northern California. They start school the first week in August, have three weeks off around Thanksgiving, two weeks off at Christmas time, two weeks off in April and then get out of school mid-June. Not quite traditional but gives us an opportunity to hit DL in November during a non-holiday time!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-21-2006, 02:16 PM
My kids are in public schools up here in Northern California. They start school the first week in August, have three weeks off around Thanksgiving, two weeks off at Christmas time, two weeks off in April and then get out of school mid-June. Not quite traditional but gives us an opportunity to hit DL in November during a non-holiday time!

That is awesome to have that time off in November. We take an annual trip the first week in November, and last year was my oldest's first year of school, we just pulled him out. In fact, his teacher said that she encourages parents to pull their kids out of school for Disneyland trips. hehe This year it will be the first week in December.
As a kid my family always went during school year, and pulled me out of school, because it was better than being there during the time everyone else has breaks too.

darph nader
02-21-2006, 06:44 PM
What month does the slow season end? I was thinking of trying to set up a trip in April or May. What do you think? Also what is october like? any ideas, suggestions would be wonderful!
Aslo where do you stay outside the park? What hotels are good close to main entrance?
Thanks!
Probably late this year or more than likely next year late spring or fall.
Hotels across the street , best bet Harbor to the east , Kattela to the south.
All depends on your preference and/or budget:cool: