PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic dessert/balcony seating

BJW
04-06-2002, 07:20 PM
Since Fantasmic will be returning this summer, does anyone know whether or not they will still offer the balcony seating/dessert buffet in New Orleans Square? My dad told me he did this once a few years ago and it was something like $35 each to watch the show from the balcony of one of the New Orleans Square buildings and have all you can eat desserts and beverages. If this is still offered, where and how far in advance should reservations be made?

Nigel2
04-06-2002, 08:46 PM
From what I have heard it was $45 up till the refurb of fantasmic and you could only get tickets same day (some people said they were there early in the morning, but I think they had larger groups).

Not Afraid
04-06-2002, 09:05 PM
We did this at the end of last season and found it to be a wonderful treat. The prices for 2002 are $40 / $30 per adult / child for a dessert sampler in a keepsake box (child's dessert in a Mickey souviner cup) and beverage. You can get tickets in advance, but no more than 30 days in advance (this was a new offer last year). For tickets / reservations call (714) 781-4400.

Please be aware that, when you make your reservation, there are no refunds given for the show unless the entire show is cancelled.

If possible, go to the early show, because you can stay and view the fireworks from the balcony after Fantasmic.

MammaSilva
04-06-2002, 09:07 PM
just before it went down for rehab you could actually call and purchase tickets up to 30 days out, but I don't know if they will have it again when the show reopens, I would "assume" that they would because it is a no brainer huge money for it, it is held on the balcony of the gallery and the seating is limited to around 20, back in the day it was limited to only 16 but they found a way to squeeze a few more chairs in....I'd wait until the show is back up and running then check with guest services....

Nigel2
04-06-2002, 09:23 PM
Oh well. I guess I shouldn't go off another person's story.

MammaSilva
04-07-2002, 09:32 AM
Nigel2, don't feel bad, that call 30 days out is a really NEW development when they were trying to sell the Primo seating/snack crap over at DCA for the ELP, and the extra seating with desert down on the tiered area in front of NoS, that flopped big time, now they are doing a meal and priority seating for Blast, gotta give 'em credit, they keep coming up with new ways to seperate us from our money after we buy our tickets/AP's, I've done the fantasmic balcony several times and it was worth every penny, but from reading Not Afraids post it looks like there have been seriously big changes in the way it is done, last time we went, there were two tables FULL of yummy treats, all the beverages you could drink in the time you were there and the best view of the show in the park, now it sounds like they have gone to a box treat situation, the view is still the best in the park but I'm thinking that the food portion is reduced dramatically :(

Nigel2
04-08-2002, 09:23 PM
Hmmm... that is surprising that the ground level one didn't work. I wonder if they tried the meal and show version that WDW uses where you eat at a resturant and get priority seating for Fantasmic rather than the balcony (they could get more on the ground than the air).