PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a Pirates Left?

Sub Maniak
02-15-2006, 03:51 PM
The closure of Pirates makes me think that there will be old things removed.

Opus1guy
02-15-2006, 04:04 PM
All the Pirates are scheduled to be removed and will be replaced by singing and dancing bears. The Blue Bayou will serve pizza and feature the most popular video games and a large pile 'o balls for the kiddies to play in.

;)

Sub Maniak
02-15-2006, 04:04 PM
Very Funny! It would be fun with the bears back though!

adriennek
02-15-2006, 04:14 PM
You might be interested in this thread: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=53181

It's just a few lines below the threads you've started.

Adrienne

cstephens
02-15-2006, 05:22 PM
I heard they were going to put in a loop that decapitates people...

drjones
02-15-2006, 06:55 PM
maybe when they add the sparrow AAs they will make pirates chase women again for something other than food.

Opus1guy
02-15-2006, 08:27 PM
maybe when they add the sparrow AAs they will make pirates chase women again for something other than food.

Yeah. Severed heads!

;)

Another Dimension
02-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Will there be a Pirates Left?

Ummmm, yeah.

I am quite confident that the REOPENING DATE confirms that undeniable fact.
:rolleyes:

It's Disney's park, Disney's attractrion ... Disney is going to do whatever Disney wants ... no matter what.

Really.. maturely deal or don't deal with those facts or not.
Change happens, it's all part of life.. and it's a massive part of Disneyland's Founders mission statement.

But we all know what is happening... and that is additions and story changes.
Disney has publically confirmed those changes.

They are happening... that is a 100% fact.

Another one or another dozen threads on message boards web-wide won't change anything. That's a fact also.

PotC:TCotBP is the Walt Disney Company's biggest live action film ever...
It would be outright shocking based on that fact and the 2 sequels confirmed coming out .. for Disney to not to want to upgrade, enhance, change and thusly attract more people worldwide to Pirates. Especially the fans of the movie who may not be DL or PoTC hardcores.

Opus1guy
02-15-2006, 10:16 PM
The Sparrow movies are top dog today. That's a 100% fact. So why tippy-toe around it and just go ahead and drain and gut Pirates...throw in rows of seats in the building...and continuously show all the Sparrow movies in IMAX in there instead?

Make enough sequels and we could show them all simultaniously...in CircleVision 360™!!

That's what I think.

So, there!

;)

ssmccullough
02-15-2006, 11:31 PM
I think alot of people are taking this way too seriously. While yes they are adding some story changes they are minor. They aren't making Jack Sparrow like an animatronic intro character (like in innoventions, they are just adding to the attraction).

Also I love pirates and I am absolutely LOVING THE FACT they are upgrading it special effects wise. There is nothing more spectacular than seeing a Disney Classic upgraded to modern times (better projection systems, better sound systems, better computer control, CLEANED up scenes, the works!) Sure they are adding a couple of characters, but if they weren't how long would it take for Disney to upgrade all of those 'other' things. Pretty soon everyone would be complaining that their favorite ride was just flat out falling apart!

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but with the 50th Celebration going to so well in the hands of current management I feel nothing bad about what they are going to do to Pirates. Sure we can all joke about the loops, and the fact that Johnny Depp is being ecthed into Pirates History, but the fact is that if the ride NEVER changed things would get old.

Sure it is a classic but if Walt Disney never thought of adding to his park then I am almost positive the Company would not think that same way today!
Look at all the attractions that have changed over time, they are still the classics we know and love, but after the changes they will also become classics to those who will experience it for the first time.

Another Dimension
02-16-2006, 01:18 AM
The Sparrow movies are top dog today. That's a 100% fact. So why tippy-toe around it and just go ahead and drain and gut Pirates...throw in rows of seats in the building...and continuously show all the Sparrow movies in IMAX in there instead?

Well the main factual reason based on the above statement is... because Disney does not want to do that.. they want to do what they are going to do. So they are. With fan approval or not.
Sarcasm or not. :D

That's what I think.

So, there!

;)

Lovely.... :cool: