PDA

View Full Version : TOT upgrades in the summer?

JerrodDRagon
02-15-2006, 01:44 PM
Hi, My names Jerrod and this my first post on this website, I am a huge Disneyland fan and I herd a rumor about TOT (Tower of Terror) that this summer it will be closed down for big Refurbishments on it, but I dont know what. SO does anyone knoe if this is true of not, and if it is what's going to happen to TOT. The best thing I think they could do is make a pathway from TOT to Bug's land so that I could cut across the park to Screaming, But that's just what I think should happen what do U think.

Phantom2006
02-15-2006, 02:47 PM
They should make a pathway to its a bugs land. Its really annoying to have to walk all the way around. But for TOT they are going to make the drops random or something like that.

JerrodDRagon
02-15-2006, 07:07 PM
They should make a pathway to its a bugs land. Its really annoying to have to walk all the way around. But for TOT they are going to make the drops random or something like that.
Thank U

Another Dimension
02-15-2006, 07:33 PM
Tower will get some changes this summer.

Unless actual props, other FX and audio changes are getting added in (like WDW Tower did) ... and/or Tower is just going to get some general maint and spucing up .. AFAIK DCA Tower shouldn't (otherwise) have to have a refurb to add drops or more show. It's all programming.

WDW had to undergo an extensive refurb to upgrade to Tower 4.. because structurally and computer-wise that Tower was not designed for that much added abuse because it was built with much older technology and was really never designed to be upgraded that much.
DCA's was originally designed for those changes and will eventually handle Tower 4 quite easily with changed programming and the testing that accompanies it.

Tower will be getting a new drop profile, as confirmed by Matt and Cast TV... but nothing I have read or heard has confimed or even 'really' hinted at random drops or Tower 4 from WDW.
Anyone else?

The 'connector' from Tower/HPB to Bugs Land would require a tall pedestrian bridge over the 'service road/backstage parade route' or require a tunnel under it. There is really no other way around the daily importance of that service road, no matter how efficient it would be for Guest flow.

snappy
02-15-2006, 08:47 PM
They need to make the DCA version like the MGM version! The MGM version is 100X better.

Another Dimension
02-16-2006, 01:06 AM
They need to make the DCA version like the MGM version! The MGM version is 100X better.

That is actually quite impossible, unless Disney spends a whole lot of money (in multiple tens of millions) for the destruction and reconstruction of a lot of (if not all of) the existing building, which still has a very new (and better) internal ride system than WDW's does.
And now, as with when WDI designed and built the DCA Tower.. they absolutely have no intention of doing that .. or going backwards (in WDI's POV) to the 5th Dimension horizontal movement of the past/original design.

Unless WDI has come up with a better and more efficient (in their POV) way of building and operating the 5th Dimension loading, unloading and show aspects that WDW has since, DCA's was built.

But based on seeing the concepts inside and out, and the layout and floorplan blueprints from the upcoming Paris and Tokyo Towers... WDI still hasn't come up with a WDW-style 5th Dimension they like for the future Towers, after the fact. (And after the first one was built).

If WDI can't make it so they like it in 2006 or anytime in the future... then really, the 5th will only be done once.

It is cool that it has been done once though and it's still open to be riden.
That makes attractions unique.. and that is a very good thing.

JerrodDRagon
02-17-2006, 09:40 AM
At Mouse Info. com we had a thread about which one is better, and guess which one won, I'll give U a hint it's not MGM.;)

MissKIA
02-20-2006, 06:47 AM
Does anyone know it it's true that TOT will be down for refurb this summer? I've read a few times that they are changing the drop pattern and doing some other stuff to it this summer. I don't want it to be down when we're there! (Aug 10-20)

Darkbeer
02-20-2006, 07:12 AM
The change of drop pattern is basically a switch on a computer.

Some testing will happen, but when the park is closed.

But it shouldn't keep the ride closed during the day. The switchover is supposed to happen in late June, to match up with the return of Pirates, and the opening of Rock It Mountain (special night time version of Space Mountain).

You should be just fine in August.

nightdesigns
02-20-2006, 07:29 AM
Wow, where is everyone hearing this? This is the 3rd or so post on the exact same topic, and the same answers will be posted each time.

MissKIA
02-20-2006, 08:14 AM
I have read about it on another board and there was not a concrete answer which is why I asked it here since I knew darkbeer would probably know the answer. And no, I have not seen this answer 3 times or even once, If I had I wouldn't have asked it. No need to be rude.

nightdesigns
02-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Not trying to be rude, there's just multiple other topics on it within the past few months.

Here's one from less than 3 days ago: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=53546

MissKIA
02-20-2006, 10:16 AM
I read this thread but it didn't answer my question. I wanted to know if it was going to be closed in August. But I got my answer now since I specifically asked for what I wanted to know. Thanks though.

Another Dimension
02-22-2006, 11:37 PM
Tower may need a short refurb if new props are added, like Tower 4 in Florida got during it's latest upgrade. But if no props are added, Tower shouldn't need any downtime. If... DCA is even getting Tower 4/The Tower is in Control. I have my doubts!!

....and (whatever the new profile is)... some Tower enhancements were confirmed by Matt on CastTV. As was Rock-IT and the Pirates changes, before Disney made those enhancments official.

I still haven't seen any official (public) word from Disney posted, printed or visually shown anywhere about Tower, yet.

Anyone else?