PDA

View Full Version : Block Party Bash

ktrm
02-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Is the block party bash at DCA a moving parade or is it three distinct shows? Which party zone do people recommend to be at red, green, or blue? Which zone is the least crowded and which has the best show?

TowerofTerror
02-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Its a moving parade . Don't matter.

I Heart Disneyland!
02-14-2006, 10:02 PM
I don't care for the Block Party Bash. I may be the only one! ha!

cstephens
02-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Is the block party bash at DCA a moving parade or is it three distinct shows? Which party zone do people recommend to be at red, green, or blue? Which zone is the least crowded and which has the best show?

It's similar to the Parade of Dreams at Disneyland in that it does move from one location to another, and then at that stop, they do a bunch of stuff, though more happens at the show stops during Block Party Bash than Parade of Dreams. The blue zone is not always in use, so make sure to check your schedule, which will tell you. I would recommend the green zone, which is the area outside Bug's Land as it's often less crowded than the red zone, which is at the Sun Plaza.

Darkbeer
02-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Its a moving parade . Don't matter.

Well, it is actually one show that moves. When all three stops are being offered, it is the same show three times. The floats come out and stop. Many of the floats open up and become stages for the next 15 minutes or so. At then end of the 15 minutes, the floats close up, and then move directly to the next stop (the performers do dance, and music is offered), then it starts the exact same show for the next 15 minutes. Then off to the last zone, the same show one last time, though at the end of the entertainement corridor near Pizza Oom Mow Mow and the Orange Stinger, most of the performers stay at the gate while the floats keep moving to the backstage area, and then do a small finale after the last float has past the gate.

MermaidHair
02-15-2006, 09:05 AM
Blue zone, red zone, green zone? This sounds confusing to a DCA newbie. Are these zones marked on a map somewhere?

Darkbeer
02-15-2006, 09:32 AM
Blue zone, red zone, green zone? This sounds confusing to a DCA newbie. Are these zones marked on a map somewhere?

Yes, they are marked on the Guide to the Magic maps that are handed out at the turnstiles, plus referred to on the Times Guide that is handed out with the Maps.

Also, the actual Entertainment Corridor (Parade Route) has the area marked with color coded flags and signs.

kimbopotamus
02-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Is the route still from Sunshine Plaza TO Paradise Pier area, with the first showstop being in Sunshine Plaza?