PDA

View Full Version : Best views/Best seat Thread?

Zomie
02-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Iam looking to find a thread (if there is one) on best veiws for fireworks fantasmic ect...plus best seat positions for all the rides info like that! If someone could direct me to ones they know about it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance :)

annieb727
02-14-2006, 01:33 PM
Best seat for California Screamin' is in the VERY FRONT.

Best seat for Soarin' Over California is middle section in the front row (so you end up at the top)

Best seat for ToT - front row middle (you don't have anyone else's heads blocking your view)

My favorite seat in space mtn is in the back.

BTMRR as close to the back as you can.

If you watch the fireworks - you MUST see it at least once from in front of the castle!! We had seen it many times by rivers of america, but it was SO much better by the castle because there were SO Many more effects that weren't at rivers of america.

that's it for now!

Tinkermommy
02-14-2006, 02:59 PM
If you watch the fireworks - you MUST see it at least once from in front of the castle!! We had seen it many times by rivers of america, but it was SO much better by the castle because there were SO Many more effects that weren't at rivers of america.

I second that -- be sure you can see both the castle AND the Matterhorn. It's sooo worth it, at least once.

Indiana Jones -- front row.

Zomie
02-14-2006, 03:09 PM
This is great!!!! Keep them comin! Big Thanks annieb727 your going to make 5 first timers disney experience the best !!!

junglemom
02-14-2006, 03:19 PM
Best seat for California Screamin' is in the VERY FRONT.

Best seat for Soarin' Over California is middle section in the front row (so you end up at the top)

Best seat for ToT - front row middle (you don't have anyone else's heads blocking your view)

My favorite seat in space mtn is in the back.

BTMRR as close to the back as you can.

that's it for now!

Exactly my thoughts and also for indy i found that the back right seat is by far the best. You are the farthest from the center of the jeep so you really get thrown around ,plus you get the best view of the snake

bassett1976
02-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Splash Mtn: Front Row if you don't mind getting wet, middle row if you do.

Same for Pirates: Front Row if you don't mind getting wet, middle row if you do but away from the sides.

Jungle Cruise: Sit on the side away from the dock. Then you don't have to turn around to see 75% of the animals.

cfrith
02-14-2006, 03:37 PM

that's it for now!

Is it difficult (last week of April) to get a spot in front of the castle? What time would you recommend getting there? 1 hour before? 2 hours before? Thanks!

emmah
02-14-2006, 03:41 PM
re ToT; I was always of the opinion that right up front was best, but a CM told me in November that there are special effects you can't see from up front, so I tried it out and its true - when you sit up front, you miss some lightening flashes, and you also miss some of the starry-holographic effects, it doesn't make a big difference, and i still prefer the front, but i guess the clever designers think about these things too.

for BTMRR, I always sit in the very last row for that special goat-effect, but discovered in November that when you sit up front, you get a different perspective on things - for instance, I saw the diaorama stuff in that very first tunnel which I had never seen before, because when at the back, I am always looking up the train rather than to the side.

on Splash, I prefer to sit in the back seat - less wet that way, but the drop is more spectacular if you sit right up front.

on space mountain, i prefer to sit right up front - it seems scarier that way.

for the fireworks, i sat bang up in front of the castle 4 nights during my trip and it was awesome; also saw it once from small world plaza (not so great - missed tinkerbell!) and from the gallery balcony after fantasmic - also disappointing, missing all the castle effects) - so I echo the sentiments of those who say its worth putting up with the crowds for the castle view.

kimbopotamus
02-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Hi Zomie, you had better write up a trip report for us when you return! I want to hear how your trip goes!!!

My advice on seating:

Splash Mountain: first and fourth seat get wet, second and third not as much. My daughter sat in front every time and loved getting wet. I sat in the second seat and hid behind her!

Indiana Jones: have the person in your group most afraid of snakes sit on the RIGHT side of the vehicle for a nice surprise (evil grin included)!

I haven't seen the fireworks yet (two more days, yay!) but I intend to sit in front of the castle, as I have heard that's the best place.

Fantasmic: Someone wise will come along on here and explain the best seating to see the water effects.

That's all I can think of! Have a great time:fez:

Leap for Joy
02-14-2006, 04:29 PM
Fantasmic: on the walkway closest to the river but NOT up against the fence. Watching next to the fence is like watching through jail bars. I like to be in the back of that area, square with the wooden stage on Tom Sawyer's island. That way you're centered with the show and you can move your head around without blocking the view of people behind you.

Malcon10t
02-14-2006, 05:41 PM
I haven't seen the fireworks yet (two more days, yay!) but I intend to sit in front of the castle, as I have heard that's the best place.
We sat right on the compass in front of the castle, thinking BEST VIEW! :::wrong::: We were able to remain seated, but we lost a lot of the fireworks behind the castle. The next night, we moved out into the street, about 1/2 way, where we sat til the show started, then stood, 1000% better!!!

ktrm
02-14-2006, 10:55 PM
We sat right on the compass in front of the castle, thinking BEST VIEW! :::wrong::: We were able to remain seated, but we lost a lot of the fireworks behind the castle. The next night, we moved out into the street, about 1/2 way, where we sat til the show started, then stood, 1000% better!!!

Do you mean you were 1/2 way down the distance of main street(1/2 point between the castle and the train station)? How early did you stake out this position and was it really crowded? Did you bring blankets to sit on while you waited?

annieb727
02-15-2006, 05:24 AM
OH...another one -- on the Maliboomer -- sit so you see out over the park -- NOT so you see over the fenced area -- better view.

as far as Fantasmic! Seating, our favorite is Balcony seating - but really it all depends on one's preference -- some prefer being RIGHT up close, but I liked being able to see the BIG picture better. Of course that's really expensive to do, but it's such a FUN treat - fruit, cheese, cheesecake, other desserts plus F! from an awesome view. It's $56/person and you have to call and get tickets 30 days before - they're hard to get.

As far as space Mtn front vs. back - I always thought front would be best (like on California Screamin'), but it's so dark that you can't see much more being in the front than you can in the back - maybe you should try both and see which you like best :).

Another point on Indiana Jones - it's really fun to sit at the steering wheel - it's fun to pretend I'm driving us through it!

Matterhorn Bobsleds - there are pluses to very front and very back - very front, you get the experience of seeing everything without anyone's head in your way. In the very back, it feels a little faster. Also, there are two sides with tracks that are a little different - it SEEMS that the one to the right feels faster. But you should defintely try BOTH sides and see which side you like best.

Splash Mtn - like all said before - VERY front you will get SOAKED and the drop is AWESOME. You can also get VERY VERY wet in the very back. Heck, you can get SOAKED in ANY seat. If you don't want to get wet, don't go on it!! Front seat is wettest.

Fantasyland rides - it's fun to try to get the special 50th Golden one! Most fantasyland rides have them - but they're harder to get - I wouldn't necessarily wait longer to get one, but they're still fun to get.

Star Tours - I like being in the front row one of the center seats. Again, this is because there are no heads in your way.

Honey I shrunk the Audience & It's Tough to be a Bug - any row, center is good, but not necessary, all seats are good.

Muppet-Vision 3D - IF you do this, do it BEFORE you do Honey or Bug - it PALES in comparison to the great effects in the others. You will enjoy it some if you haven't seen the others. We saw it and were sorely disappointed in it - there are some 3D effects but that's it...no other special effects like the other 3D stuff. And like above, any seats are good. It is fun though from a nostalgic point of view - if you grew up watching Muppets. Also, kids will probably enjoy it a lot.

Gadget's Go-Coaster - very back again is great, feels faster. Though it's a pretty long wait for such a small coaster and short ride. I'm not sure if I've ever been in the very front - I've always got a wheelchair, so they seem to automatically put me in back and I've never asked for the front.

Pirates - I like the back area best - I can feel the drops more and less likely to get wet! - VERY sad this will be closed when I go next month :crying:

Small world - the front is great for taking pictures because you won't get people's heads in them - but otherwise, it's all pretty much the same.

Disneyland Railroad - My favorite is the train that has the seats that are parallel to the train, so when you are sitting everyone is automatically facing outward instead of forward - there's a better view of everything that way.

Grizzly River Run - seating doesn't matter - it's random who will get soaked - just depends on how the raft turns going down the hills.

Mulholland Madness - front or back doesn't really matter that much - I prefer front (because again, I don't like looking at people's heads) - I like to see the track in front of me - I think it makes it a bit scarier. Also the person sitting on the right will get squished more because of the turns (if I'm remembering correctly) - someone please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Hyperion Theater for the Aladdin Show (MUST see this is INCREDIBLE). I think the best seats are NOT the ones right up front. Rather, I think the best ones are the seats in the first row that are elevated in the main level. The ones right behind the little wall divider. Here you get to see VERY well all the stage stuff, PLUS when they parade through the aisle, you get a front row seat for that. it's VERY VERY cool.

If you're going to be there when Blue Bayou is open - I highly recommend it (you MUST make reservations for it) - it will be closed with Pirates :crying: :crying: When you are there - request a seat by the water - an extra wait time is worth it for that!

Parade seating - some of the best seating I've found is if you can sit near where the parade will turn - but so you see it coming straight toward you - then so when they turn, you will see them from the side too -- it's very cool!! We sat in the hub area by the castle facing the road that leads to the Matterhorn and it was awesome - we got some really great pictures of the parade coming toward us. This will only work if the parade STARTS at Small world and ends at Main Street. *hoping that made sense to you*

Fireworks - I agree -- where you can see the Matterhorn and the castle, with a clear view of the in between part up high - tinkerbell's flight is really cool!

Well, that's all I can think of right now.

Can't wait to hear about your trip! When do you go?

annieb727
02-15-2006, 05:30 AM
Oh, I suppose I should clarify this - I LOVE the thrills and the fastest feeling, biggest stomach turning drops, etc...so if you DO NOT like this - then DO NOT follow my advice...

example...if you do ok with roller coasters, but just want to experience California Screamin' - sit somewhere other than the front -- like the middle, you won't see much and you won't feel it as much!!

stan4d_steph
02-15-2006, 06:13 AM
Iam looking to find a thread (if there is one) on best veiws for fireworksThere is a MousePlanet "Remember..." viewing guide here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm050511as) that might help you.

Malcon10t
02-15-2006, 06:32 AM
Do you mean you were 1/2 way down the distance of main street(1/2 point between the castle and the train station)? How early did you stake out this position and was it really crowded? Did you bring blankets to sit on while you waited?No, sorry, I stated that wrong. If you are standing on the compass in front og the castle, walk out into the street, about half way between the castle and the hub (still directly in front of the castle.) Maybe 25 feet further back than the seating area. And we generally start staking our 2 hours before the fireworks start. That was at Christmas and last summer, so don't know if you could do it later and still get the seats.

Zomie
02-15-2006, 08:58 AM
Hello again annieb727. You rock with all the info !!!!!!!! This is great stuff!!!!
Thanks very much!!!!
We are arriving March.28 thru April.5 Absoultly pumped :)

Zomie
02-15-2006, 09:01 AM
Thanks to all, for the great information. My best friends have no idea iam setting all this up! :) Ive got dinners booked, breakfasts ect.. this trip is going to the best i can possibly make it ! its all in the preparing lol