PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi or Coke products

Pages : [1] 2 3

daisy4me
02-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Just wondering if Disneyland serves Coke or Pepsi??? We will be heading down in a few months and all us girls drink Diet Pepsi and we were just wondering if they serve Diet Pepsi anywhere in the park??
Thanks to everyone who replies

MammaSilva
02-14-2006, 09:42 AM
Adjust your taste buds accordingly, you won't find anything but diet coke, not even diet sprite, the only diet soft drink available for purchase is diet coke.

kimbopotamus
02-14-2006, 09:53 AM
Uh-oh! I don't think there is such a thing as adjusting taste buds to drink Coke (at least not for my Mom anyhow!) I better tell her to bring plenty of bottled Pepsi into the park with her!;)

Darkbeer
02-14-2006, 10:02 AM
Want Pepsi, head to Knott's Berry Farm or another Cedar Fair owned park or SeaWorld.

Coke has the soda rights at the DLR, Six Flags, Universal and LEGOLAND.

Malcon10t
02-14-2006, 10:06 AM
Uh-oh! I don't think there is such a thing as adjusting taste buds to drink Coke (at least not for my Mom anyhow!) I better tell her to bring plenty of bottled Pepsi into the park with her!;)Thats what I have to do too. Coke is just not palatable to me. But they do have iced tea, so I do a lot of that.

MammaSilva
02-14-2006, 10:08 AM
All bottled beverages inside the two parks are coke products, even the water is 'coke product' and I really don't care for it at all :( it has an "earthy" taste (translation I think it tastes like it has dirt in it) can ya tell I'm not fond of Dasani blech. My daughter can only drink very limited amounts of caffeine and sugared drinks so I usually bring caffeine free diet Pepsi along for her and I've never had a CM tell me she can't bring it in with her. I do use a drink holder that we bought at the parks to 'disguise' the bottle but I don't "sneak" it in.

evrythngwmn
02-14-2006, 10:27 AM
All bottled beverages inside the two parks are coke products, even the water is 'coke product' and I really don't care for it at all :( it has an "earthy" taste (translation I think it tastes like it has dirt in it) can ya tell I'm not fond of Dasani blech. My daughter can only drink very limited amounts of caffeine and sugared drinks so I usually bring caffeine free diet Pepsi along for her and I've never had a CM tell me she can't bring it in with her. I do use a drink holder that we bought at the parks to 'disguise' the bottle but I don't "sneak" it in.

I've grown to like Dasani. At first I didn't care for it. LOVE COKE though.:D Usually when I'm someplace that serves Pepsi I go for either ice tea, lemonade or whatever their lemon-lime fountain drink is.

TowerofTerror
02-14-2006, 10:31 AM
They have coke prducts.

Hakuna Makarla
02-14-2006, 10:39 AM
I know how you feel! I love pepsi! I am taking precautions now and my dear friend anne is bringing me some so I will not go with out. remember bottles are not allowed in the parks, get canned :)

Drince88
02-14-2006, 10:40 AM
I know how you feel! I love pepsi! I am taking precautions now and my dear friend anne is bringing me some so I will not go with out. remember bottles are not allowed in the parks, get canned :)
Can you even FIND glass bottles of soft drinks anymore?

Malcon10t
02-14-2006, 10:40 AM
I know how you feel! I love pepsi! I am taking precautions now and my dear friend anne is bringing me some so I will not go with out. remember bottles are not allowed in the parks, get canned :)I bring in the 1 liter plastic bottles without a problem. Or the 20oz.

Hakuna Makarla
02-14-2006, 10:45 AM
Can you even FIND glass bottles of soft drinks anymore?
your right, but they do have coke in the bottles still :)

Opus1guy
02-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Long ago both Pepsi and Coke products used to be featured at Disneyland and both were official sponsors/participants at the same time. Most notably The Golden Horseshoe was presented by Pepsi, and Tomorrowland Terrace and Coke Corner were sponsored by Coke.

But then Coke and Disney entered into an exclusive worldwide "Corporate Alliance" for many godzillions of dollars...and Pepsi was no more at Disney.

Well, except at the Disney-owned Arrowhead Pond, which was excluded from the contract and which Pepsi was the official cola provider. Don't know if that's still the case.

I'm glad that Pepsi is not the exclusive cola provider for Disney, because if you've ever tasted a Rum & Pepsi.....yeech!

;)

Darkbeer
02-14-2006, 11:10 AM
You can find Coke and Pepsi in glass botles in the SoCal area.

They come from Mexico, where they still use cane sugar instead of corn syrup as the sweetener. Many folks prefer the cane sugar version.

Darkbeer
02-14-2006, 11:11 AM
The El Capitan Theater (owned by Disney) and the Disney Soda Fountain next door serve Pepsi, and not Coke.

Opus1guy
02-14-2006, 11:37 AM
The El Capitan Theater (owned by Disney) and the Disney Soda Fountain next door serve Pepsi, and not Coke.

Yeah...I think any new business venture that came after the Coke contract that wasn't specifically included when the contract was signed, was excluded by omission from the agreement, and left those venues available for new and separate deals. That was my understanding as it related to the Pond deal.

Also I believe that some Disney venues that are managed or operated by an outside contractor (such as Aramark)...I think they can do their own thing unless contractually obligated by Disney. At one time the Aramark run Cast Cafeterias at Walt Disney World served Pepsi and Coke products.

It may also be that independent lesses are contractually obligated by Disney to serve only Coke products, but I'm not aware of that. Do any of the Downtown Disney lessee locations that are not owned or operated by Disney serve Pepsi?

Pat-n-Eil
02-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Yeah.. I'd love to see more variety of diet drinks.. not just at Disneyland but everywhere. You usually get a choice of one diet cola. I usually go with Iced Tea if I can. I'm not a fan of any diet cola anymore. I like diet Dr. Pepper and the 7up/Sprite/Slice type of soda.. but those are hardly ever offered.

I guess if you're diabetic or just watching your calories, you get water or tea.

tod
02-14-2006, 12:02 PM
Back when I was working for a subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Company I started referring to Pepsi-only venues as being "on the Dark Side," a reference to the Star Wars badguys.

The Coke sales guys used to refer to non-Coke establishments as "Code 10," and there was much rejoicing when they landed a "Code 10." Of course, back then Taco Bell, KFC and Pizza Hut were owned by Pepsi and the "They're your competitors, why sell their soda?" argument was very persuasive.

--t
still a Coke guy, even though now I have to pay for it

Opus1guy
02-14-2006, 12:21 PM
"People can buy Pepsi-Cola, but they can't pee in the street." - Walt Disney, responding in 1955 to a reporter about accusations that Disney had shorted the installation of drinking fountains in order to sell more soda. There had been a plumbers strike and Walt had to make a decision between installing more toilets or more water fountains. The quote indicates why he chose the toilets.

Since we can no longer buy Pepsi-Cola...does that mean we can pee in the streets now?

;)

junglemom
02-14-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm glad that Pepsi is not the exclusive cola provider for Disney, because if you've ever tasted a Rum & Pepsi.....yeech!

;)

Hey Opus, you sneaking rum into the park???:eek:

tod
02-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Since we can no longer buy Pepsi-Cola...does that mean we can pee in the streets now?

;)

Yes... but only if it was Pepsi when you drank it. :rolleyes:

--t

kimbopotamus
02-14-2006, 12:35 PM
They can remove the water fountains that are there now as far as I'm concerned, that stuff tastes like leftover POTC water, bleh! Thanks for the bathrooms though Walt!

Opus1guy
02-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Hey Opus, you sneaking rum into the park???:eek:

Never!

I purchase my rum legally and directly from Disney. While at the Disneyland Resort, that is.

I gotta couple of bottles of "illegal" 30+year old Havana Club rum from that enemy nation Cuba, lying around here collecting dust. Wanna come over and I'll whip up some outstanding Jungle Juice for you before Homeland Security raids my place and carts me off to Gitmo? I'll make myself a "Cuba Libra." And let me tell you...Pepsi-Cola ain't gettin anywhere near that Havana Club!

;)

Yes... but only if it was Pepsi when you drank it. :rolleyes:

Tastes like that going in. Might as well be that coming out.

;)

junglemom
02-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Never!

I purchase my rum legally and directly from Disney. While at the Disneyland Resort, that is.

I gotta a couple of bottles of "illegal" 30+year old Havana Club rum from that enemy nation Cuba, lying around here collecting dust. Wanna come over and I'll whip up some outstanding Jungle Juice for you before Homeland Security raids my place and carts me off to Gitmo? I'll make myself a "Cuba Libra." And let me tell you...Pepsi-Cola ain't gettin anywhere near that Havana Club!
;)

Tastes like that going in. Might as well be that coming out.

;)

lol
mmmm Jungle Juice, count this jungle mom in!!!

TikiGeek
02-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Since we can no longer buy Pepsi-Cola...does that mean we can pee in the streets now?Based on what I've seen some guests do recently - I wouldn't be shocked to see that happen - Of course we expect you to comport in a more gentlemanly manner. ;)