PDA

View Full Version : February 18-19 - forecast: chance of rain!

MsYumiBr
02-14-2006, 06:24 AM
Three years in a row? I can't believe it. I hope it's just enough to keep the crowds down. :D

kimbopotamus
02-14-2006, 06:36 AM
My dh is 1/4 Native American. I have asked him to do a rain dance to help lighten the crowds for me, LOL:~D :p

wlc
02-14-2006, 06:49 AM
I hope it rains, just a little! I'll be there 17-19.. rain or shine. Weather.com is only showing "few showers" on Sun, though

doodlebug
02-14-2006, 08:03 AM
Being from Seattle and we will be there then I would like it not to rain please!! I am sooooooooo tired of rain.. Actually is there somewhere I can check the weather for all of next week for Anaheim???

MsYumiBr
02-14-2006, 08:10 AM
I used this link:
http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Anaheim.html

Others use weather. com but I personally find that unreliable. Actually, all weather forecasts are pretty much unreliable, but am happy because it's the forecasts that keep the crowds at bay.

Elderp
02-14-2006, 08:20 AM
Gotta love rain days.

Hakuna Makarla
02-14-2006, 10:49 AM
ok, I need your hubby to do a rain dance for my dates to!! ( april 1-6th :) I bought 4 rain ponco's for who wants them, but I am still going to play rain or shine. But rain, I love the rain, I miss it, we do not have much rain here, just snow :(

kimbopotamus
02-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Hee, hee! I'll see what I can do;) I am from Oregon and have my "webbed feet" already, so rain doesn't bother me. If I have to choose between rain and herds of humans, well.....easy enough!:p
To everybody that's going President's Day weekend, have a great trip! See you there, rain or shine!

briangl
02-14-2006, 09:05 PM
A little rain is probably good to keep the crowds down. Last year was a bit much though as there was so much rain that Pirates of the Carribean was leaking and 2 rooms at the Candy Cane Inn were flooded.

briangl
02-14-2006, 09:08 PM
The most telling are the forcast discussions at the National Weather Service. They are a bit technical but they will actually tell you when they don't have a clue and just have to guess since the forcast models don't agree.

StyledSugar
02-14-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm not surprised that it's going to rain this weekend. It will be my first trip to DL in over 18 years so of course it has to rain. LOL

I won't be there until Monday (well we get in late Sunday afternoon so we'll spend that day shopping) so I hope it's nice by then.

MsYumiBr
02-15-2006, 04:39 AM
I read that the worst of the rain will be Saturday night (40%). So much for my plans for the Imagination to Celebration tour! Oh well. It is supposed to clear up by Monday. Of course, it is drizzling here due to a heavy marine layer and a cold front from Alaska. Weather is crazy! I got sunburned from standing outside for 10 minutes Saturday! If your staying Friday through Tuesday, bring your umbrella *and* your sunscreen.

JerrodDRagon
02-15-2006, 11:08 AM
I'm going to DL and DCA this weekend will it be alot less crowded if it rain's, I have been only once to DL when it rained and I was 5 year's old so I dont rember it that weel, also if it rain's what ride's will be closed down and alos will any show's be cancled.

kimbopotamus
02-15-2006, 01:22 PM
Saturday night huh, msyumibr? Oh man! That's the night we are going to see the Fireworks! I have heard they get cancelled often, will they cancel if it's raining just a little?

Hakuna Makarla
02-15-2006, 01:36 PM
argh!! can you believe we will be 25 below zero friday night? and we are forcast for a high of -3. looks like all week we will be in the zero range, I want out of here)))))))))))))))) rain, in disneyland? haaa I laugh at rain, why I would take rain over freezing cold any day, bring it on ( I got rain ponchos LOL! )

MsYumiBr
02-15-2006, 05:48 PM
We have gone to Disneyland it has rained the last 2 presidents' day weekends. Fireworks were pretty much cancelled all days except one each weekend. There was a *huge* storm last year so it pretty much flooded a lot of places in Disneyland. In particular, the exit of Indy you had to walk along the edge of the path hanging on to the rope fence or you would end up in a big puddle. Teacups close right away. Alice always closes. Other rides that are exposed such as rockets, Autopia and Dumbo stay open until it starts to puddle. By that point, we are usually going to indoor rides anyway. As long as it doesn't rain when they set up fireworks or Fantasmic! the show will go on. If it is raining during set-up, they will cancel. So, sprinkles are okay. The other problem is high winds. That will cancel fireworks but they wait until the last minute to find out if the winds die down before they cancel, and even wait for a period of time before giving up. Fastpasses are shut down too. Oh, I now know why they geve the Orange Stinger its name. When you ride it in the rain, it *stings*. I am happy we didn't shell out the money for the unlimited fastpass! We won't need it. I just hope they fixed the windows on the monorail, or at least have them closed now. I hate getting rained on in the monorail. It's snuggle weather! Yay!

MsYumiBr
02-16-2006, 04:40 AM
We can forget about fireworks Saturday night. 50-70% chance of rain! 30% chance during the day. That's what I get for buying tour tickets.